ROM Hack Project: Isaac

Kayael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Indeed, 1.3 version is available but it would be awesome that someone who still has 1.5 upload it somewhere. I'm currently playing EU version of FF5 Advance and since I've finished this game many times, I'd like to toy with my savestates to add some challenge against ultimate bosses :D (I saw a video on YouTube, lvl 1 lone Toad beating Neo Shinryu, quite impressive).

Using original VBA .sav file from EU to US works, but it's a bit buggy, like erasing all your blue magics / songs and some equipment.

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been so busy with other projects lately. I am a bit ashamed I let this project fade as it did. I was so proud of it.

Well, in my absence, I have scrapped the plugin idea. Maybe, sometime in the future, I will try it again. As for what comes next...

I have been working on solo projects. I have been broadening the scope of my editors, even releasing a Golden Sun: The Lost Age editor that edits in real-time, as you are playing the game! I still have some fleshing out to do, but for now my editors will be released separately.

I am near completing a release version of my updated FF6a editor. It has many new and convenient features such as bulk editing. I still have the source of all the editors mentioned in this thread, and if you give me a few days I'll release them again.

I just realized today that all the 4shared links are dead. I have switched to mediafire and will use that for storage. Thank you for your continued interest. :D

batman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry I know old topic...

I just realized today that all the 4shared links are dead. I have switched to mediafire and will use that for storage. Thank you for your continued interest. :D

Good to hear you still have it. So, is there a mediafire link for Isaac 1.5? Or am I too stupid to see it? :P

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project: Isaac, in it's current form, is dead. I have decided to compile / combine my editors by franchise. There will still be a main app, and individual editor plugins, but the format will be more automatic and streamlined.

Pandora has become even more powerful offering the following amazing features:

Real-Time Editing:
Attach the editor to a running emulator and edit values in real time. You won't even need to mess with save files!

Automatic File Recognition:
Automatically determine which game (and region) was used to create the save file. An appropriate editor will automatically be loaded for you!

Game ID Searching:
Have save files from the same game but they all have different names? No worries! Pandora can now automatically find all save files that match the game ID of the currently loaded save file.

I am pretty excited about the changes I am making. Be on the lookout for my enhanced Golden Sun editors soon. After that is Final Fantasy. Gotta get the legends first. :D

To whet your appetite, my freshly revised editor for Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Echoes of Time.

This test version contains Automatic File Recognition and Game ID Searching, but does not support Real-Time Editing. When you load a save file, the editor will automatically search the directory for matching Game IDs. On my computer, it takes ~40ms to search each file (Open File > Decompress Save > Check ID). If the editor doesn't respond after you load a file, this is why. give it two or three seconds. :D

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I can't use the FF II part of the editor, the error I get is along the lines of "invalid convertion of string '01 Wild Rose' to Integer type" (the error message is in Spanish) I also get the following log:

Code:
System.InvalidCastException:invalid convertion from string  "01 Wild Rose" to integer. ---> System.FormatException: Input string is not in the correct format
   en Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   en Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la excepción interna ---
   en Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   en Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   en Isaac.GBA_FF2_Misc.SetKeyTerms()
   en Isaac.GBA_FF2_Misc.SetVBA()
   en Isaac.GBA_FF2_Main.SetSaveData()
   en Isaac.GBA_FF2_Main.Save()
   en Isaac.GBA_FF2_Main._Lambda$__106(Object , EventArgs )
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
    Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.586 (RTMLDR.030319-5800)
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Isaac
    Versión del ensamblado: 1.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 1.0.0.0
    Código base: file:///C:/Users/Skull/Desktop/25470-Isaac/Isaac.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Versión del ensamblado: 10.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.2001 built by: RTMLDR
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Pandora
    Versión del ensamblado: 2.2.0.0
    Versión Win32: 2.2.0.0
    Código base: file:///C:/Users/Skull/Desktop/25470-Isaac/Pandora.DLL
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.454 (RTMLDR.030319-4500)
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Web
    Versión Win32: 4.0.30319.547 built by: RTMLDR
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources
    Versión del ensamblado: 10.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources/v4.0_10.0.0.0_es_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.resources.dll

It happens whenever I try to save, even when just loading the save state and then trying to save without any changes, I'm using version 1.3 from file trip

Is ther a newer version I could download?

Markwar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
where i can download project pandora? if isn't disponible, can you upload project isaac 1.5 on mediafare or each hoter host ? please

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Released an updated revision of Isaac (renamed ISE) and Pandora, along with updated revisions of Final Fantasy IV Advance and Final Fantasy V Advance editors.

Updated the OP to reflect the changes.

Markwar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
when i try to open process
no valid process found......

and the file .sav i can't open whit ise

i use a vba 1.7.2 with savetipe auto 128k
so w7 x64

there aren't log info it's only gray page

the eu version (italian language) when i open a .sgm state, the name are wrong
for example

bartz is see as
name: AAAAA and Galus sprite
the chicken knife as a frost rod

there are a workaround?

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i try to open process
no valid process found......

and the file .sav i can't open whit ise

i use a vba 1.7.2 with savetipe auto 128k
so w7 x64

there aren't log info it's only gray page

the eu version (italian language) when i open a .sgm state, the name are wrong
for example

bartz is see as
name: AAAAA and Galus sprite
the chicken knife as a frost rod

there are a workaround?

1. SRAM files (.sav) are not supported. Support for this file type is completely superfluous.
2. Only VBA-m is supported. You can find the latest version here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbam/
3. Only 32-bit emulators are supported.
4. I am going to infer you are using the Final Fantasy V Advance editor. Only Bartz's name can be changed. The other member's names are hard-coded.
5. I am unsure why it is showing an incorrect item. If you can send me a link to the state file (.sgm) via PM, I can have a look.

Thanks! :D

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, I uploaded the wrong files to the DropBox. I have uploaded the correct files now. Please re-download as necessary.

thew00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Released an updated revision of Isaac (renamed ISE) and Pandora, along with updated revisions of Final Fantasy IV Advance and Final Fantasy V Advance editors.

Updated the OP to reflect the changes.
awesome!!!!

so does this version use desmume saves (for GS DD)?

thew00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime i try to open a golden sun dark dawn desmume save state (.ds1) it says

editor not found
could not find a valid editor for the loaded file
Game Title:
Game Code:

am i missing something?

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it didn't give a title or code, that means the file may be invalid, since it couldn't read it. Could you send me a copy of the file via PM so I can look at it?

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that a pretty embarrassing bug. Apparently, it only affects DS state files.

I plan on releasing Revision 8 of Pandora, which will include a fix of this bug among other features, this week.

jeriel1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It didnt work because we are using desmume save files, save files are created when u save at the game and ISE only support desmume save state, save state is created when you only save by using the emulator. File>Save state>1-9 thats why it didnt work :) and save files are .dsv and states are .ds1-9

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to edit a save file from a flash card, it's still possible.

1. Load the game in DeSmuME.
2. File > Import Backup Memory...
3. Load the appropriate save using the in-game method.

From here you can attach the editor to the process or create a state file and edit it.
To get the edited save file back to your flash card, simply save the game using the in-game method, then copy the save file to your flash card.

I chose not to directly support save files because of the following reasons:

1. Most games have a checksum algorithm to prevent corrupt backup memory from being loaded. This algorithm is different game to game and it's a waste of my time to try and figure it out.
2. Offsets are different between a save file and Work RAM. This would require me to make two lists of offset data.

All in all, it's highly redundant.

thew00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are trying to edit a save file from a flash card, it's still possible.

1. Load the game in DeSmuME.
2. File > Import Backup Memory...
3. Load the appropriate save using the in-game method.

From here you can attach the editor to the process or create a state file and edit it.
To get the edited save file back to your flash card, simply save the game using the in-game method, then copy the save file to your flash card.

I chose not to directly support save files because of the following reasons:

1. Most games have a checksum algorithm to prevent corrupt backup memory from being loaded. This algorithm is different game to game and it's a waste of my time to try and figure it out.
2. Offsets are different between a save file and Work RAM. This would require me to make two lists of offset data.

All in all, it's highly redundant.
So what was the bug you found?
Because I was using a desmume save state

Kaleid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what was the bug you found?
Because I was using a desmume save state

No, the bug was preventing the file from being loaded into the buffer. My previous post was directed at jeriel1234. I should have quoted them. I apologize for the confusion.
I'll plan to release my updates today. Stay tuned!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.