ROM Hack Problems with Desmume Wifi Emulation

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. said:
The thing is, why i get 2 bars on Pokémon and 3 on Worms. When Wifi is "Simulated"(With simulated i mean, a fake programmed access point) and not real Wifi.
You'd have to talk to the emulator programmers about that; it's not really something any of us could know without a detailed knowledge of how the emulator is getting online. As long as you have bars the connections will go through just as well as if you had all 3 anyway.

Azaarie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jaden. mind sharing how exactly you even got 3 bars? 2 other people asked how are you connecting and you seem to ignore them. I really hope your not just here to troll because your bored

D

Deleted-236924

twiztidsinz said:
Poryhack said:
Pingouin7 said:
You go in Wi-Fi options and select "Infrastructure"
Then when you scan for an access point, it will find "Soft AP"
What version are you using? I've got a newish svn release and there's no wi-fi options anywhere.
I believe they are disabled by default.

There are versions that have Wi-Fi enabled.
That's what I got.
I use it when I need to download a Wi-Fi event in White, other than that, I don't use it.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
twiztidsinz said:
Poryhack said:
Pingouin7 said:
You go in Wi-Fi options and select "Infrastructure"
Then when you scan for an access point, it will find "Soft AP"
What version are you using? I've got a newish svn release and there's no wi-fi options anywhere.
I believe they are disabled by default.

There are versions that have Wi-Fi enabled.
That's what I got.
I use it when I need to download a Wi-Fi event in White, other than that, I don't use it.
heres a addon to what he said quoted
"if youre using r3538 or newer youll have to go in wifi.cpp and comment out the call to validatePacket(). I have blocked access to nintendo's servers by default until we can get some kind of consensus on how to proceed. "

So its simple just use r3537 and your good

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no emulator currently works with WFC.
Anybody else telling you that it works doesn't really understand what they are saying.
So far no way has been found to reliably emulate Nintendo WFC. I did some reading on the developers forums, which is swamped with idiots asking how to play online using an emulator, when it says in every thread that it's currently not possible, that the emulators are banned from nintendo's servers. Furthermore all videos on youtube showing apparent "b/w wifi battles" are 100% fake, otherwise you would be able to do it, which you are not.

If you want to play pokemon white / black on wifi you need to get a DSi and a Flashcart. Because that works just fine.

Acenima

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did a lil doodling with desmume settings and enabled wifi on the newer svn's and it detects the network and connects, but it cant go to nintendo servers like you said. But if they got this far im sure they should have it fully emulated once they stabilize the emulator graphical glitches, etc.

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:
Anybody else telling you that it works doesn't really understand what they are saying.
So far no way has been found to reliably emulate Nintendo WFC. I did some reading on the developers forums, which is swamped with idiots asking how to play online using an emulator, when it says in every thread that it's currently not possible, that the emulators are banned from nintendo's servers. Furthermore all videos on youtube showing apparent "b/w wifi battles" are 100% fake, otherwise you would be able to do it, which you are not.

If you want to play pokemon white / black on wifi you need to get a DSi and a Flashcart. Because that works just fine.

No, those videos are not tying to fool you into believing that those battles are played on an emulator in real time, that are played on a DS,(flash cart or not) the battle is saved to the Vs. Recorder, and the save file is somehow uploaded to the PC and the battle is played back in the emulator. Some people actually like to watch human vs human Pokemon battles. Such videos are generally labeled with Wi-Fi to show that it was a human vs human battle and not just a battle vs an AI trainer.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rave420 said:

Wrong on multiple counts; going beyond what KazoWAR already said, DesMuME can go online and use WFC functions.

That said, it is very much experimental and it is disabled in even the SVN releases. You can still get the functionality by compiling an older SVN release from before it was disabled or editing the source of a newer SVN to remove the part that forces a disconnect when it detects a DNS query to a WFC server.

Here's an old SVN, try it for yourself: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/258536/DeSmuME%20r...L_WIFI_COMM.exe Modified version of the latest SVN instead: DeSmuME r3893 EXPERIMENTAL_WIFI_COMM.exe

Before you cry that I'm full of BS as well, make sure you:
  • Have WinPcap installed and running.
  • Are using infrastructure mode in wifi settings.
  • Are bridging the ethernet adapter that you get your internet from. Wifi/Bluetooth adapters won't work.
  • Do not have a firewall interfering with WinPcap or DesMuME.
  • Have configured your virtual DS's wifi settings to connect to DesMuME's access point.
DISCLAIMER: I am not providing support for this and neither are the DeSmuME programmers. It works for me for the limited things I've tested it with, but there's a good chance it won't work for you: that's what experimental means. Also, heed the warning that you get when first connecting to a WFC server!

Jaden.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Omg, for 1 day! Well, re-opening the trhead to say that it doesn't work correctly. Ok, fixes the bar things but... Still for example can't play Plaza or FC. o:o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock