Misc Suddenly disconnecting from Wiimmfi with Nintendo WiFi USB Connector

Dusk_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Context:
I'm not allowed to mess with my family's router settings, so I can't start a guest network for my DSi, nor can I buy an old WEP router and whatnot. The only method I have at my disposal to play my DSi online is a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector with a Windows XP VM. I recently switched from VirtualBox to VMWare since with VirtualBox, it would often give me BSODs due to something about a faulty USB OCHI driver whenever the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector is plugged in.

I am able to connect to DS Wiimmfi using the riiconnect24 or pokeclassic DNS as my primary DNS for my Local Area Connection in my Windows XP VM (setting the secondary DNS as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 results in error code 20110 for my DSi). Even though I can't change our router settings, I was allowed to port-forward, as instructed by a tutorial on this same forum (can't insert link to it due to rank restrictions).

However, every time I have been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World online, I always get disconnected after a set period of time. When I played Mario Kart DS online today, it gave me error code 81010, which is known as a general server error, or a disconnect from or by GPCM.

I can't wrap my head around as to why this is happening. I have a stable internet connection that allows custom DNSes, and I am able to connect to the DS Wiimmfi servers through the USB connector, but it always disconnects me after a little bit. It's starting to frustrate me as I've been through ridiculous lengths to find a viable method to play these old games online without suddenly getting disconnected due to the fact that, again, I can't mess with my family's internet, and I have nothing to start a open/WEP hotspot with, either (I even tried to use the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector with ubuntu to start an open hotspot, but it gave error code 51099 iirc).

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.

Dusk_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
I tried making my host OS network use the 2G band with only 20 mhz channels, but I'm still getting disconnected. However, in Wild World, I got a different error code, which is "-91010". Apparently this is the same type of error as 81010, where I am getting disconnected by GPCM.

Again, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

BusterFrancis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Context:
I'm not allowed to mess with my family's router settings, so I can't start a guest network for my DSi, nor can I buy an old WEP router and whatnot. The only method I have at my disposal to play my DSi online is a Nintendo Wifi USB Connector with a Windows XP VM. I recently switched from VirtualBox to VMWare since with VirtualBox, it would often give me BSODs due to something about a faulty USB OCHI driver whenever the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector is plugged in.

I am able to connect to DS Wiimmfi using the riiconnect24 or pokeclassic DNS as my primary DNS for my Local Area Connection in my Windows XP VM (setting the secondary DNS as 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 results in error code 20110 for my DSi). Even though I can't change our router settings, I was allowed to port-forward, as instructed by a tutorial on this same forum (can't insert link to it due to rank restrictions).

However, every time I have been playing Animal Crossing: Wild World online, I always get disconnected after a set period of time. When I played Mario Kart DS online today, it gave me error code 81010, which is known as a general server error, or a disconnect from or by GPCM.

I can't wrap my head around as to why this is happening. I have a stable internet connection that allows custom DNSes, and I am able to connect to the DS Wiimmfi servers through the USB connector, but it always disconnects me after a little bit. It's starting to frustrate me as I've been through ridiculous lengths to find a viable method to play these old games online without suddenly getting disconnected due to the fact that, again, I can't mess with my family's internet, and I have nothing to start a open/WEP hotspot with, either (I even tried to use the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector with ubuntu to start an open hotspot, but it gave error code 51099 iirc).

If anyone knows how to fix this problem, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance.
Strange. In my experience, I've been using Virtualbox with an XP VM, and I have my primary connection with an empty secondary DNS field. That's what gets my DS online, along with disabling the firewall for the dongle.

Maybe you could try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl