Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i think they should port some of the emulators for the ds for 3ds homebrew since they would run faster on the old 3ds alot of the emulators on the 3ds are ports from other non ninendo handhelds like psp or the pc which is why they run slow on o 3ds they should just port the emulators for the ds flash carts to 3ds home brew it would run better because the emulators for the arm processor the ds has the 3ds also has an arm proscessor just a better one. it might even be possible to run gba games with home brew with out emulating them since the 3ds has an arm processor and the gba has one as well

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
Reactions: Jwiz33

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if this has been mentioned or asked for before, but I've not yet seen a mention of this. Given that the 3DS has an infrared port, would it be possible to create a Programmable Universal Remote homebrew application. Just an idea, let me know if thats not even possible.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Forgive me if this has been mentioned or asked for before, but I've not yet seen a mention of this. Given that the 3DS has an infrared port, would it be possible to create a Programmable Universal Remote homebrew application. Just an idea, let me know if thats not even possible.

I believe that I read somewhere that the IR of the 3DS isn't compatible with the IR of the normal remotes. Something about different frequencies or power output. I don't remember anymore. But I think that's why nothing has ever been done.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
Repost from far earlier in the topic.

I'd like to request a homebrew .txt reader, would be nice if you could branch out into other file formats but for me I only really need .txt.

D pad or left stick to scroll up and down, button toggle for white text on black and visa versa for those who have headaches reading one way or another.

And a bookmark save/load for jumping to a saved line.

I frequently use Moonshell on my Nintendo DSi to read short stories, sometimes long ones though it would frequently crash, which is what made the bookmark ability crucial. As the battery is dying and doesn't last longer than 10 minutes without being plugged in anymore, it would be great to be able to do the same on my 3DS! ^_^

Reactions: I pwned U!

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i know their are already save editors so don't reply to this with links or telling me there already is i know. What im suggesting is a save dumper and restoring thing whcich can be easily used to load backups like having save 1 2 3 4 etc for each game you use it with im replaying x and when i want my main save back i want to get it very easy so all i would need to do is back up the replaying save file and hit save two which restores my main save file for x

Reactions: I pwned U!

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
I imagine this has been mentioned before, if not I'd be very surprised, but I originally come from the PSP homebrew scene, (as it was my first system) and as such, I really think the 3DS could benefit from a similar plugin system. It would pave the way for applications like RemoteJoy, which would render the hardware based A/V out mods mostly obsolete.

EDIT: Whoops, I just noticed this was in fact already suggested in the OP. my bad.

Last edited by Vahkiti,

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I imagine this has been mentioned before, if not I'd be very surprised, but I originally come from the PSP homebrew scene, (as it was my first system) and as such, I really think the 3DS could benefit from a similar plugin system. It would pave the way for applications like RemoteJoy, which would render the hardware based A/V out mods mostly obsolete.

Well... they're different systems and there's not even currently a way to access the bootrom of the 3DS unlike PSP. In any case, kinda similar stuff are already being done such as the plugin system of NTR or the way Cakes CFW works.

Last edited by lemanuel,

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well... they're different systems and there's not even currently a way to access the bootrom of the 3DS unlike PSP. In any case, kinda similar stuff are already being doing such as the plugin system of NTR or the way Cakes CFW works.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I know the PSP and 3DS are miles apart in architecture and design. I was just curious if similar features could be implemented into future homebrew or CFW, given that the PSP, (at least in my opinion) was at one point the gold standard of homebrew and it's overall capabilities.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I know the PSP and 3DS are miles apart in architecture and design. I was just curious if similar features could be implemented into future homebrew or CFW, given that the PSP, (at least in my opinion) was at one point the gold standard of homebrew and it's overall capabilities.

Yeah, I understood what you meant. I have a PSP myself and know very well how nice it is to have that type of system. ;)

It's like I said, it's very possible to see that in the near future (even without fancy stuff like access to bootrom), since NTR for example already works in a very similar way.

Vahkiti

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I understood what you meant. I have a PSP myself and know very well how nice it is to have that type of system. ;)

It's like I said, it's very possible to see that in the near future (even without fancy stuff like access to bootrom), since NTR for example already works in a very similar way.

Well that's great to know! Gah.. I'm kicking myself now for updating past 9.2. I screwed up with my Wii U as well, and OpenDNS just stopped working right when I needed it.. But that's another story for another forum. At least I still have my Vita on 3.52. :P

Reactions: lemanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: LMAO