Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to buy nothing and spent my money on something that can be done with hombrew...
There's a good possibly it will never be done with homebrew. Either it will be impossible or too much work for someone to want to do. You have to remember, everyone developing for this is doing it as, essentially, a hobbyist. It's not their job or anything like that. There probably won't be much motivation to push for something like that when people can just buy a cheap $20 DS flashcart that works great on the 3DS.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a good possibly it will never be done with homebrew. Either it will be impossible or too much work for someone to want to do. You have to remember, everyone developing for this is doing it as, essentially, a hobbyist. It's not their job or anything like that. There probably won't be much motivation to push for something like that when people can just buy a cheap $20 DS flashcart that works great on the 3DS.
If you really think that way, why are you agree with a NDS emulator?

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really think that way, why are you agree with a NDS emulator?
I'm not sure what you mean. A DS emulator isn't really needed. It would be neat if something like Nintendont could be done, running DS games under 3DS natively, not having to use DS mode, but I think something like that would be impossible on the 3DS. Even if it was possible, motivation to develop something like that probably will remain non-existent, unless a cartless 3DS (digital only) shows up. DS flashcarts are cheap enough, anyway.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Nds emulator that let me play roms without a need of flashcard
1: you mean run natively, emulating wouldn't work.
2: that has been asked countless times and the answer is it requires kernel, and even with kernel it hasn't been done yet, and most likely will never be done. It's possible though.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey, is there anyone here motivated enough to port Marathon over the 3DS? I mean it's a great FPS, it's Open Source, so why the hell not?

I'm sure the game would shine on the 3DS and that bungie would be proud of the 3DS homebrew community ;) Just imagine playing the great Halo ancestor on the 3DS, yeah it sounds cool right?

https://alephone.lhowon.org/

I can't because I'm no developper, just suggesting an idea here :)

Last edited by Idaho,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto