Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Homebrew games with multiplayer support ,this is rather interesting...
Out of subject can multiplayer support for homebrew games can be done with dsi ??

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LovePotion port of Stabyourself's game Order of Twilight? It's not nearly as complex as, say, mari0.

I posted this along with a bunch of other ideas and, honestly, it's something I'd really like to see. No one really wants to seem to port it, but hey, it's simpler than most of the stuff people want ported.

Some of the other ideas in that post I cut out would be useful too, but they all seem they'd be pretty hard to do.

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't someone working on that?
Not the same thing. He wants an RPG Maker interpreter for existing RPG Maker games, the other one is a way to make new RPG Maker games for 3DS.
There actually is an RPG Maker 2000 player, but it is as slow as molasses.

Reactions: GalladeGuy
D

Deleted-236924

What are the limitations of porting games to the 3DS? How can we tell if the 3DS would be powerful enough for those games, if we could port them?
I have a few Zelda fan games in mind, 2D ALttP-style, that were made in C++, with full source code available, and am wondering if porting these to the 3DS would be a possibility.

If the Homebrew Launcher cannot handle these as .3dsx homebrew, then maybe it'd be possible to get them running properly as .cia homebrew installed to emunand? Or if they can't run well on O3DS, then at least maybe the N3DS could handle it.

If anyone is interested, this is one of them (likely to be the most resource-intensive one.)
http://www.zelda-solarus.com/zs/article/zmosdx-telechargements/

Website all in French, but the game has options for several languages including English. Source code for the game engine and for the game data are at the bottom of the page.
If we can have the game engine running on 3DS, it might even be possible for people to make their own games to run on the engine. As of right now I know of 4 games that run on that engine (two are in-progress AFAIK), so it might be fun if we were able to get it working. There is a quest editor which could possibly be used as some kind of Zelda Maker maybe? For people to make their own games to run on the engine. Game files would still have to be compiled specifically for the 3DS but the main engine would already be done.

I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough in C++ let alone 3DS programming to achieve this, but if this is something that could be done and someone is interested, I think it would be amazing.

There is also Return of the Hylian, Oni-Link Begins, Time to Triumph and Navi's Quest, all made in C++ with SDL by the same person. Those have all been ported to the PSP already as well, so I wonder if 3DS ports would be possible.
The English translations are... not very good, but that should be easily fixable.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-236924

Yeah it is. But the source code is there too :P
That being said this is probably better since it's all in English.

Last edited by ,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to get a homebrew to set a custom smdh file as your favorite title in the friend list? Or as your last played in Mii Plaza?

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies if this has been asked before (and it very likely has), but is is feasible to make an app that streams the GPU Framebuffer to a PC? I know it'd likely be n3DS only, due to CPU concerns, and the way the 3ds handles Background applications (i.e, it kinda doesn't), but I'm wondering if any enterprising peeps with better knowledge of the hardware could enlighten me on this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.