Emulation Possiblity of emulation of Nintendo Network in CEMU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably will only be possible using data dumped from a Wii U (probably needs IOSU). If it's anything like 3DS, any Nintendo Network logins will require console-specific certs, your console serial, console ID, etc. Although the main issue CEMU would probably have is that most if not all network stuff is handled in IOSU, so that would have to be emulated (which would have a huge performance cost).
That's howbitbwas with the wii, only difference is it was easy to dump that stuff on wii. There was even an all-in-one homebrew app for it, IIRC.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin is on version 5 and has been in development since 2009 I believe and it doesn't have Nintendo Network support, that should be all the answer you need.
While you are right; Dolphin does not support Nintendo Network and that's because it doesn't even Emulate Wii U. Support for WFC has been implemented for quite a while, however I cannot say if they still have it or removed the support for WFC. Youtube has videos on how to connect to WFC (when WFC was up and running at the time).

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connecting directly to Nintendo Network will probably never happen, but an online service similar to Netplay on Dolphin shouldn't be a problem, right?
The problem with that is that this user is looking for NN compatibility specifically, something they won't get.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think that it will be at least several years before properly working online features are implemented in CEMU, but I highly doubt that the Nintendo Network will ever be supported. Any future CEMU online play features will probably involve custom servers instead of Nintendo's official ones.

I actually ended up calling the number (with the first seven digits (1-800-925-5633) associated with the "YALLNEEDIOSU" part), but instead of IOSU, I got a woman who said:

Welcome to America's Hottest Hotline! Ladies, to talk to interesting and exciting guys free, press 1 now! Guys, hot ladies are waiting to talk to you! Press 2 to connect free now! Ladies, press 1 now! Guys, press 2 now!

PhoneSexploit confirmed?:rofl2:
What happens if I'm a guy who wants to press 1?

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At some point, I think that it would also be great (for playing on an emulator or on native hardware) to have local multiplayer only games be given online multiplayer like that one mod for New Super Mario Bros Wii. However, this is even more unlikely to happen anytime Soon™ than properly working online features being implemented in Cemu.
What happens if I'm a guy who wants to press 1?
I do not know.

Maybe a guy will pick up and give you some IOSexU.

A hot emuMAN, with signature chest hair patches, console-unique encryption sleaze, and a shoe fetish that will have him turned on at a cold boot.:creep:

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At some point, I think that it would also be great (for playing on an emulator or on native hardware) to have local multiplayer only games be given online multiplayer like that one mod for New Super Mario Bros Wii. However, this is even more unlikely to happen anytime Soon™ than properly working online features being implemented in Cemu.

I do not know.

Maybe a guy will pick up and give you some IOSexU.

A hot emuMAN, with signature chest hair patches, console-unique encryption sleaze, and a shoe fetish that will have him turned on at a cold boot.:creep:

Well played, thats gonna get into my signature^^

Killersnowman_G1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think getting Cemu online is possible and do you guys know why? The reason I think cemu going online possible is because you can make a custom nintendo network server it probably will take a long time but im pretty sure it'll work. They already have a custom server for the ds and the wii so why not make one for the 3ds (citra) and wiiu (cemu). If you guys think this is possible just reply to me.

D

Deleted User

I think getting Cemu online is possible and do you guys know why? The reason I think cemu going online possible is because you can make a custom nintendo network server it probably will take a long time but im pretty sure it'll work. They already have a custom server for the ds and the wii so why not make one for the 3ds (citra) and wiiu (cemu). If you guys think this is possible just reply to me.
He's talking about Wiimmfi, but for Wii U. But like he said, its a good idea, but will take a while to implement. So possible, but improbable.

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully this scene we'll see something new with online features, if we see online features emulated we'll be seeing it from our own custom servers.

I'd love to see something like that, half of Kid Icarus is the multiplayer and an emulation Miiverse community would be really, interesting, I guess. We would probably see lots of boobs is my guess.

Actually I remember a project like this for the DS where they were asking people to collect packets of information sent by the DS to preserve the Mario Kart online mode. I don't remember how that turned out.

He's talking about Wiimmfi, but for Wii U. But like he said, its a good idea, but will take a while to implement. So possible, but improbable.

Yeah this is what I'm remembering.

Last edited by jamieyello,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone