Possiblity of emulation of Nintendo Network in CEMU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Emulation & CEMU' started by ww97, Jul 15, 2016.

1. ww97
    OP

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    At first, excuse me for creating a new thread, because the CEMU thread is too overused.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As you see, one of our ideal targets in CEMU is going online in Nintendo Network, especially in Super Mario Maker and Splatoon. (At a side target, some of the members said about emulation of Wii U HOME Menu)
    But it seems too Quixotic. I don't have a Wii U, but I have a question: Is the first-time configuration of the Course World/Turf War needs to login in Network via NNID?
    If yes, I think that this wait is nonsense, unless that side target (see above) is accomplished and you can make you NNID in the Cemu via the HOME Menu.

I feel a bit worry. plz answer

2. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Pretty sure online compatibility with Cemu will never be possible.

3. Ray Koopa

Ray Koopa Obviously a Koopaling

Aug 18, 2015
    If you want to enjoy the Nintendo Network on a Wii U, you better buy a Wii U, because by the time online play with Cemu will be enjoyable and bugless, the official servers probably shut down, lolo.

4. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

Nov 18, 2012
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Probably will only be possible using data dumped from a Wii U (probably needs IOSU). If it's anything like 3DS, any Nintendo Network logins will require console-specific certs, your console serial, console ID, etc. Although the main issue CEMU would probably have is that most if not all network stuff is handled in IOSU, so that would have to be emulated (which would have a huge performance cost).

FlappyFalco and CreeperMario like this.
  5. 7Robins

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Doesn't Cemu already require a beast of a computer to run anything well enough to enjoy? Why would you even want online anyways? And if it was possible, Nintendo would ban whatever you used in seconds.
    Hmm, very interesting. That would still require a Wii U, which would nullify the purpose.

6. ww97
    OP

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    I have this beast, and online play doesn't mind for me except two things:

1. The courses, which I found on the SMM Bookmark website. I thought that if I copy it to a paint tool I have a pattern to build up the course from the scratch, but... the picture of course is ALWAYS low-Q.

2. The costumes. Even the savefile compilation that I found here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-save-files-compilation.427761/) that claims that has all, lacks the event costumes but has the others. Maybe you must play it directly from Course World and it's undumpable on the savefile.

7. warspyking

warspyking Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    Too bad this'll likely never happen. Touching the officials would probably send Nintendo on a rampage to take down cemu at whatever costs.

I pwned U! likes this.
  8. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    Maybe that will happen if we try to emulate the Wii U Menu (1-800-YALLNEEDIOSU) it may work to try and emulate online services

Still...we don't know sooo...

9. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I think that it will be at least several years before properly working online features are implemented in CEMU, but I highly doubt that the Nintendo Network will ever be supported. Any future CEMU online play features will probably involve custom servers instead of Nintendo's official ones.
    I actually ended up calling the number (with the first seven digits (1-800-925-5633) associated with the "YALLNEEDIOSU" part), but instead of IOSU, I got a woman who said:
    PhoneSexploit confirmed?:rofl2:

10. SonicCloud

SonicCloud <3.

Mar 29, 2016
    Mexico
    Somewhere
    LMAO MUST TRY THAT :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

11. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    1) Yes it's possible
    2) No it's not happening by any sane person
    3) You're better off replacing those servers entirely for when they inevitably go down like Wiimmfi, can probably connect to the Mario Maker servers externally

12. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Dolphin is on version 5 and has been in development since 2009 I believe and it doesn't have Nintendo Network support, that should be all the answer you need.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker, Jul 27, 2016
  13. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Dolphin has actually had online support for quite a while now.

FlappyFalco and The Cringe like this.
  14. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Not via Nintendo Network which was the subject of this topic. No one is saying it's not possible to emulate the network to play online, what we're saying is CEMU will never be able to connect to the Nintendo Network.

I guess I could have been clearer with my response :)

And yes, I'm aware there was an unofficial build of Dolphin V3 which could import certificates from a real Wii and connect to the Nintendo Network but it was unofficial.

Last edited by Dungeonseeker, Jul 27, 2016
    FlappyFalco and I pwned U! like this.
  15. warspyking

warspyking Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    RIP

I really wanted to play mario maker on cemu, but if I can't connect to nnid there isn't much point

16. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Its more fun with the tablet anyways.

17. warspyking

warspyking Member

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Canada
    While I agree, I wanted to program a bot that could potentially solve SMM levels. It would be an awesome project to develop an AI like that.

I pwned U! and CreeperMario like this.
  18. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Well that would be pretty cool now wouldn't it.

I pwned U! and CreeperMario like this.
  19. pietempgba

pietempgba GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 9, 2016
    United States
    there's always videos of courses

20. ww97
    OP

ww97 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Iran
    In Temple of Form
    Nintendo Network belongs to the era of Wii U and 3DS, guy. Wii/DS Network was Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (WFC) that is now shut down.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does videos show the WHOLE layout? They just play.
    Also, maybe I wanna play the course that currently haven't a LP video.