• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow what a race! The early voting stuff has made it way more interesting. Looks like Biden will take it, but the republicans will still keep the senate. But oh boy the polls were wrong or what? The way they collect data must be seriously flawed, specially in this age of internet and social media.

It's more like the people running the polls are crooked.

D

Deleted User

It's more like the people running the polls are crooked.
not really, polls take only account popular vote and attempt to figure out electoral collage. when we get to voting districts and gerrymandering, it's a completely different ball game. for example of what I mean. you can have say, say you have 3 people. With how gerrymandering works. it's possible to make the weight of a single person, (less) equal the same as say 2 people or more. It's completely possible with gerrymandering and the electoral collage to overthrow what people want.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: IncredulousP

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares how old it is, well, obviously you people do, but the electoral college is in place for a reason. Take it away, and there is no democracy, just the big cities dictating what laws get passed and who gets elected. That doesn't sound like democracy to me.

Just. Wow. Can a person be any more unintelligent? So what you're basically saying is, if it were popular vote, no one outside of big cities would vote. Removing the electoral would not change the amount of, or location of people who vote. Idiot.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
electoral votes is fucking genius. (aka created from our Forefathers of this great nation)

Imagine the entire US full of homeless and "sanctuary cities". Sounds like all the people leaving CA to TX wouldnt have anywhere to run too.....

That's where we're headed if Biden wins. All of the morons who fled California, Detroit or Chicago moved to Conservative towns and started voting for Liberals. They aren't that smart of they'd realize they're voting for the same policies that created the cesspools they fled from.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If we abolished the electoral college voting system we would be ruled by the hiveminded cities like NYC, LA, and Chicago. Fuck that. Big cities are full of fucking idiots who shouldn't be voting

And no, I am not a fucking Trump supporter, fyi.

I'm pretty sure if Biden wins the Liberals will suddenly have no problem with the electoral college. It's never a problem when their side wins. So you see after 4 years of complaining they change they'll change their stance in a heart beat. Hypocrite much?

Reactions: RyanfromWork
D

Deleted User

That's where we're headed if Biden wins. All of the morons who fled California, Detroit or Chicago moved to Conservative towns and started voting for Liberals. They aren't that smart of they'd realize they're voting for the same policies that created the cesspools they fled from.
We are already there hun,
https://www.aspeninstitute.org/blog...-30-40-million-people-in-america-are-at-risk/
Biden won't make it, because it's already happened by trump. There is already a lot of people who are about to become homeless because mitch and the gop controlled senate won't agree on a stimulus bill that will help.
Oh, and if your going to refer to the skinny package, which did nothing for people like you and I, and only bailed out more companies.
There's a reason that was denied by the house.

Last edited by ,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I find somewhat alarming at this point is that we still have Nancy and Mitch in the House and Senate. The Senate looks like it will be staying Red this time around. Do you think Mitch and deficit hawk Republicans will let any sort of stimulus pass? Spoiler alert - they probably won't. Likewise, Nancy will continue to hold things up in congress until things go her way without any real negotiation, which will largely lead to inaction. Between those two people, despite who holds the presidential office, things in the Senate and Congress are likely to remain very much the same.

Mitch would be willing to allow a stimulus package to go through as long as it doesn't include stuff unrelated to the virus. It's the Democrats in Congress that put all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the virus in their proposed bills.

D

Deleted User

Mitch would be willing to allow a stimulus package to go through as long as it doesn't include stuff unrelated to the virus. It's the Democrats in Congress that put all sorts of things that have nothing to do with the virus in their proposed bills.
Mitch introduced exactly that (bailing out other businesses) perhaps you should look into it, it no aid to the people.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Chary. Slavery would still be a thing.... Who side was it that started the civil war? It couldn’t have been Lincoln’s side, since he was a republican....

I’m confused how all those people who were against abolishing slavery ended up getting any of their votes.

The Constitutions allows for amendments like the Bill of Rights. The Document doesn't allow slavery because of amendments so you're argument is invalid. The Constitution is just fine and if you don't like it feel free to move out of the country.

they didnt change names, in the civil rights era the parties became very polarized in social policy whereas before both parties had socially liberal and socially conservative factions so southern democrats (a huge wing of the democratic party and what controlled the entire south) switched to the republican party and socially liberal republicans switched to the democratic party, i can link a good video on it

The Party Switch is another Liberal lie to deflect from the fact their party fought a war to keep black slaves and started the KKK and created the Jim Crowe Laws. They are racist to the bone and just because a few Democrats in the Government decided they no longer wanted to be Democrats and joined the Republican party doesn't mean millions of people suddenly switched sides. The party switch is just another big liberal lie.

Trophies
XP
The Constitutions allows for amendments like the Bill of Rights. The Document doesn't allow slavery because of amendments so you're argument is invalid. The Constitution is just fine and if you don't like it feel free to move out of the country.

The Party Switch is another Liberal lie to deflect from the fact their party fought a war to keep black slaves and started the KKK and created the Jim Crowe Laws. They are racist to the bone and just because a few Democrats in the Government decided they no longer wanted to be Democrats and joined the Republican party doesn't mean millions of people suddenly switched sides. The party switch is just another big liberal lie.
me when i snorted cocaine through every history lesson i've ever had

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure if Biden wins the Liberals will suddenly have no problem with the electoral college. It's never a problem when their side wins. So you see after 4 years of complaining they change they'll change their stance in a heart beat. Hypocrite much?
You couldn't be more wrong. The Electoral College is a joke, regardless of who wins.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me when i snorted cocaine through every history lesson i've ever had

Deadly drugs kill people. I wouldn't suggest using them unless you're okay with dying (see George Floyd).

Mitch introduced exactly that (bailing out other businesses) perhaps you should look into it, it no aid to the people.

Bailing out businesses is something that should be done because the Government forced them all to shut down. This is just some of the main things Democrats put into their bill;

– $1 Billion for free cell phones
– $300M for foreign refugees
– $800M for Endowment for the Humanities and Arts
– $100M for NASA
– $25M for cleaning supplies for the Capital Building.
– $25M for additional House of Reps salary.
–A nationwide mandate for ballot harvesting
–An automatic visa extension for all foreign workers
–An expansion of foreign-language ballots
–Same-day voter registration for the 2020 presidential election
–An amnesty for nearly 800,000 DACA illegal aliens

https://gellerreport.com/2020/03/dem-pork-betrayal-corona.html/

EDIT: Here's another page outlining the same issue.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...1120-page-coronavirus-bill-stuffed-with-pork/

(If you don't like the sources then just read the proposed bill, that's included in the sources for your reference ... that's something Liberal CNN or ABC never do)

Last edited by gregory-samba,
Trophies
XP
Deadly drugs kill people. I wouldn't suggest using them unless you're okay with dying (see George Floyd).

Bailing out businesses is something that should be done because the Government forced them all to shut down. This is just some of the main things Democrats put into their bill;

– $100M for NASA

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...1120-page-coronavirus-bill-stuffed-with-pork/

(If you don't like the sources then just read the proposed bill, that's included in the sources for your reference ... that's something Liberal CNN or ABC never do)
you linked a breitbart article whose sources are contradictory and unreliable upon reading them

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Thats not the same as abolishing slavery. Not in intend, not in direction, not in effort, not in claim, not in proclamation, not in... ;)

It basically was a conflict between ongoing industrialists and the landownership-nobility which operated on a conflicting business model. :)

Humanitarian efforts were nowhere to be seen during the 'setup' of this conflict. But they make for a good story for the after unification periods. ;)
The abolitionists went to the Republican party.

People thought abolitionists were crazy because they wanted to end slavery in an instant. This meant trouble for slaves because they had no education and no money and would be harder to integrate into society. Letting them loose in an instant means harder time for them to survive. People that were anti slavery but oppose the abolitionists wanted a much better process to ease the end of slavery finding ways to integrate blacks better.

People that oppose abolitionists didn't mean they were anti slavery. Just like nowadays people that oppose feminists doesn't mean they are anti women or anti women rights. They just don't like how feminist go about things. Just like in the past they didn't like how abolitionists wen't about things and wanted a better way

Lincoln was anti slavery but not an abolitionist is like saying I am not a feminists but support women's rights.

Lincoln at first was against black men voting but his opinion changed over time, that black men who fought in the war earned the right to vote. Which is in line with white men's ability to vote at the time. As a white man you had to earn the right to vote by joining the military.

Slavery was the biggest reason for the split of the Whig Party.

Seliph

Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

– $100M for NASA

cringe

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you linked a breitbart article whose sources are contradictory and unreliable upon reading them

That's strange, because their article contains the actual bill in PDF form. You know, so you can verify what they wrote. Heh, talk about programmed avoidance, the Liberals got you good.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
People thought abolitionists were crazy because they wanted to end slavery in an instant. This meant trouble for slaves because they had no education and no money and would be harder to integrate into society.
Well, there is a whole history lesson about the cultural and societal embeddedness of the KKK (useful idiots, I guess is a fitting term.. ;) ), I'm sure you will learn some day. :) And also one on who they killed first.

Two words. Shock and awe.

Also, while learning about that, learn about the origins of the Black Panther movement as well - and how much was gained in american society a whole 100 years later.. ;)

Last edited by notimp,
D

Deleted User

– $100M for NASA

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/geller-report/
extremeright021.png

MBFCLow.png

Good source, totally not like, factually wrong most of the time.

so for your throw at abc
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news/
leftcenter06.png

MBFCHigh.png

who should I trust? a less extreme source with higher factual reporting? Or one that is more extreme with less factual reporting.
]

Beritbart also doesn't have a good track record either
extremeright061.png

MBFCMixed.png

Trophies
XP
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/geller-report/
extremeright021.png

MBFCLow.png

Good source, totally not like, factually wrong most of the time.

so for your throw at abc
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news/
leftcenter06.png

MBFCHigh.png

who should I trust? a less extreme source with higher factual reporting? Or one that is more extreme with less factual reporting.
dont even try with these morons, anything that doesn't confirm their extremist viewpoint is fake news to them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone