• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another day I wake up to find they are still counting ballots. This mail in voting was a horrible idea because it's not like you're going to catch the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus from standing outside in a line and even if you do get it you'll most likely not even know it because the majority of the people who get it don't even get sick. I guess we're going to have to wait a few more days to find out who most likely won.

If you work 40 hours per week at any job then you should earn enough to make a living. If businesses close because paying their employees this amount will cause them to foreclose then its not a good business and therefore should close.

Some jobs aren't meant to be jobs you keep for life. Some jobs are meant for teenagers or are seasonal jobs. You're supposed to work minimum wage jobs to earn extra money or save up to use for college. They aren't meant to be the job you end up working for the rest of your life. Minimum wage jobs were never designed for that purpose.

Fact check, you have obviously never owned or ran a business. Fact check, of course increasing minimum wage increases unemployment, inflation etc. When minimum wage is increased, employers have 1 of 4 options. They can take the loss. They can reduce employment. They can pass the extra cost on to consumers. They can eliminate those positions all together and replace them with technology. Tell us the facts again about how increasing minimum wage leads to new hiring.

Indeed. Like most things that I have never experienced I questioned the $2 minimum raise increase where I live. We had two different sides telling us two different things would happen. So I sat back and figured I'd find out first hand what would happen. What happened was the business owners decided to offset the increase by doing two things; (1) raise prices on their products and services and (2) get rid of full time positions, thus they didn't have to pay for health insurance or other full time benefits. I went into the situation with an open mind and just figured "you know what, we'll see which side is right" and it turns out that the Conservatives were right and the Liberals were wrong.

I can't help but enjoy the irony of watching Trump scramble to delegitimize votes in this election after he stole the last one.

I often question why people still believe the media's Russian Collusion Hoax after all these years, but then there's still Liberals who claim Trump isn't their President. I guess stupid is as stupid does.

What the hell are you talking about, look back at what I've been saying: Russia interfered with the first election (2016), and we know he wanted Ukraine to interfere with this election and I've not seen any info on Russia interfering with this election, I haven't mixed anything up, I'm guessing you somehow confused what I've been saying, but read through it again.

Actually, I read some reports of isolated hacking incidents by the both China and Russian this time around. They were in the news a couple of months ago. I tried to dig them up, but failed in searching. Maybe you'll have better luck? Though, the interference isn't as wide spread as in Trump's election. We didn't have Obama ordering spying on Trump this time around nor did we have Hillary hiring ex-spies to fuck with Trump too. Remember, Trump was cleared of any collusion, but Obama and Hillary are guilty as fuck for interfering with the election.

Muellar's report did not exonerate Trump. Combine that with Trump continuously blocking House subpoenas tells me he isn't as innocent as he claims. Now compare that to Hunter and Hillary who were fully willing to cooperate and give all the information investigators required.

Yes it did. Not wanting to cooperate with an investigation or give unfettered access to people that planned to fuck you over even before you took office regardless of guilt isn't a shining gun saying that you're guilty. It just means you're not gullible. There was no Trump and Russia Collusion in the 2016 election and there was no Quid Pro Quo between Trump and the Ukraine President. Both were complete and utter fabrications from the Liberal left. However, Joe Biden is on video bragging he blackmailed the Ukrainians over a deal to make sure his crack head son got a multi-million dollar job that he wasn't even qualified for.

Last edited by gregory-samba,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as you think Trump perma lying to whip up civil unrest, just because he hates losing, is nothing to worry about.

To 47.9% of the voters in the election all the lies coming out of Trump's mouth is true & they will always believe it even if it's been proved false beyond reasonable doubt. He knows this, it's all part of his plan.

He'll be rightfully fired in January, but he won't care about the damage that he has caused in the meantime.

One of his lawsuits has been thrown out by a republican judge, so at least he can't say it's all part of the democrats plan.

With all due respect you and your side cannot tell the future. We are still waiting on the results from some key battlegrounds. Personally I don't think Trump is going to win and I voted for him, but there's still the possibility he might. All you're rattling off is your personal assumptions and desires and those are not "facts" or "reality".

Last edited by gregory-samba,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another day I wake up to find they are still counting ballots. This mail in voting was a horrible idea because it's not like you're going to catch the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus from standing outside in a line and even if you do get it you'll most likely not even know it because the majority of the people who get it don't even get sick. I guess we're going to have to wait a few more days to find out who most likely won.

You could get covid 19 standing outside, I'm sure the minority who die will appreciate your empathy.

It would help if the republicans hadn't introduced rules that delayed the counting of the mail in ballots. blockchain voting would be great, of course there is no way republicans would stand for that.

Calling it chinese virus makes you sound like a xenophobic lunatic, is that your intent?

Last edited by smf,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Its unlikely that Trump will win at this point (allthough not out of the question). So what are the next steps?

Trump legally challenged the vote in at least four states, and can leave the process in limbo (recounts, ...) even until after Safe Harbor Day. At which point congress and the supreme court can get involved.

Fun.

Last edited by notimp,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get covid 19 standing outside, I'm sure the minority who die will appreciate your empathy.

It would help if the republicans hadn't introduced rules that delayed the counting of the mail in ballots. blockchain voting would be great, of course there is no way republicans would stand for that.

Calling it chinese virus makes you sound like a xenophobic lunatic, is that your intent?

Yes you can get the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus from someone outside, but the chances drop dramatically from being inside. Plus you're probably not even going to know you have it if you catch it so I'm not sure what the big deal is.

The main stream media called in the Wuhan Virus for 3 months before deciding to rename it to something else. The now named COVID-19 virus started in Wuhan China and China deliberately hid it from the entire world until after it started to spread out of Wuhan and infected the entire globe. So if saying 'fuck China' is xenophobic then put me down for 2.

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If you are letting today affect your mental health, because you are so scared that "the other guy" will win... Maybe...just maybe...the Executive Branch [has become] too powerful..." - Todd Hagopian

Reactions: UltraSUPRA

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
"If you are letting today affect your mental health, because you are so scared that "the other guy" will win... Maybe...just maybe...the Executive Branch [has become] too powerful..." - Todd Hagopian
How about 3+ months from now, when the supreme court gets involved in deciding on the outcome? ;)

When do we have permission to go cray cray? ;)

Reactions: 0x3000027E

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Some people, most of them infected with TDS are having bad days because Trump might win again. They are weak and pathetic humans that have been manipulated by our education system and Liberal left. These same people that can't handle reality are the ones that have been dissing out massive shit for 4 years attacking Conservatives and Trump and I'm supposed to give a fuck that they are having a bad day? Nope, I don't care.

Big Man Tyrone2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...ingButtons&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"rushin' calloojenn"
Another Gateway Pundit post. C'mon dude. Well, lets look at the article...

Ah, already disproven. https://www.wxyz.com/news/how-a-wxyz-wagon-sparked-false-election-fraud-claims-in-detroit

Not to mention that the, "140k votes for Biden idea" has been disproven time and time again. The woman who posted the video is a #WWG1WGA QANON nut anyways.

Have you ever considered doing research before you post something?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
This mail in voting was a horrible idea because it's not like you're going to catch the Chinese Wuhan Corona Virus from standing outside in a line and even if you do get it you'll most likely not even know it because the majority of the people who get it don't even get sick.
You're a lunatic. Holy fucking shit, you people are the definition of mentally ill. It's people like you who have this mentality why this shit isn't gone yet. If you'd all suck it up, and stop being pussies about wearing masks and actually give a shit about somebody else's life other than your own, we'd be so much better off. You think the rest of us like wearing masks and living hermit lives? Fuck no. We did it for the greater good, though.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some people, most of them infected with TDS are having bad days because Trump might win again.
Nobody thinks this except you delusional degenerates who can't cope with this devastating loss for Trump. Sorry, but he's dead. It's over.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess if I were to attack and blame Trump and hate on the USA over the corona virus that would be acceptable, but heaven forbid I blame the people who are responsible for it. The left hates America and hates the President and China hates the USA and hates Trump, but somehow I'm wrong for blaming the responsible party? Nope, the Chinese media is telling their citizens we infected them with the virus when it started in their country and they hid it from the world causing a global pandemic. If the virus was actually really deadly and instead of most people surviving most people died we'd be fucked and China would be to blame ... as they are to blame now. I'm not going to be a traitor and attack our President, our country and our Constitution for something a communist country is responsible for.

Reactions: wartutor

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess if I were to attack and blame Trump and hate on the USA over the corona virus that would be acceptable, but heaven forbid I blame the people who are responsible for it.
If you had half a brain, you'd be blaming Trump for not enacting a national plan and leaving it up to the governors just so he doesn't have to take responsibility and can later berate and degrade them for not opening up quick enough. How about you drop your idiotic, illogical xenophobic racism and recognize the man you irrationally ride the cock of failed you and the country he is responsible for. It's not China's fault this happened. If that were the case, every other country on the planet would be doing just as bad as we are, and I'm pretty sure China would have used it to do a lot more damage than what has already been done.

If anyone else still wants to argue that I'm generalizing when I call Trump supporters racist, or fine with racism, just look at this guy who is currently representative of the rhetoric they all spew.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on Stonetoss's Twitter for five seconds and found this.
EmFEKi2XgAg6bhD.jpeg

Reactions: gregory-samba

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact check, you have obviously never owned or ran a business. Fact check, of course increasing minimum wage increases unemployment, inflation etc. When minimum wage is increased, employers have 1 of 4 options. They can take the loss. They can reduce employment. They can pass the extra cost on to consumers. They can eliminate those positions all together and replace them with technology. Tell us the facts again about how increasing minimum wage leads to new hiring.
When the minimum wage is increased, lower income earners have more money to spend. When more people are spending money, there's more demand for products and services, which increases business. I suggest you look at the data. There's a reason why the #1 most effective economic stimulus in a recession is food stamps, for example.

Your hypothetical "four options" demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of economics, since employers are already doing whatever is most profitable. Let's take "pass the cost to consumers" option. If a burger costs $1.00, it's probably because that's the market equilibrium price (where the supply and demand curves intersect). Raising the minimum wage is going to cause the business to lose money by requiring them to pay their workers more, but the change in minimum wage is not going to change the supply/demand curves, so the market equilibrium price isn't going to change. In other words, in a situation where a business is going to increase prices in response to an increased minimum wage, the business is actually going to lose more money, and that would be a stupid decision. $1.00 in this situation is already maximally profitable, and increasing to $1.50, for example, would decrease demand enough that the extra $0.50 per burger wouldn't offset the decrease in demand.

The only way an increase in minimum wage is going to affect the market equilibrium price of the burger is by increasing the demand, since lower income earners are going to have more money. If that shifts the market equilibrium to $1.50, that's not because the business is trying to offset costs of the minimum wage; it's because they can get away with charging more because people have more and are willing to spend more.

Take an economics course before trying to fact check the fact checker please.

Last edited by Lacius,

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 4 years, people have been grifting anyone and everyone that doesn't fall in line with Trump. Don't be surprise when those people do the same back.

You're incorrect. It's the Liberals who lie, cheat and steal, burn buildings, loot and riot all over the fact they couldn't accept the results of the 2016 election while defending wife beating drug using criminals that tried to pay bills with illegal fake cash. They also support perverts and illegal aliens. So if it's okay to do the same back then it would be fine if Trump refuses to accept the results of the 2020 election. How do you like those chicken wings?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo