ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS fix discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I take it the current line of logic on how to fix this is to either stop the counter from taking effect by allowing flash cards to pass the AP check or altering the nature of this event counter and convince it the number is always zero, thus negating the freezing issue. Was this counter in the Japanese version, or is it unique to the US version?

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NoSmokingBandit said:
KazoWAR said:
ctr3k said:
has any one thought about why the counter counts events on Flashcards and not Retail carts.
Because on Emulators and Flashcarts, it fails the piracy check that is programmed in to the game.
No shit. He was asking what the root of the AP is, ie what hardware differences it is detecting between flashcarts and a retail cart. What causes the counter to start to begin with.

Who the hell knows how these companies figure out if the game is running on a flashcard or not, but the simple answer to why this event counter is counting it because it knows its on a flashcart.

Pocolip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't somebody use a program like cheatengine on no$ to find the string that counts the events? (if it is possible)

burucchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I posted mine a bunch of times already, I think SAVs are okay.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zw3glmmtmgl

Using this with an unpatched ROM on no$gba 2.6 and only the first Action-Replay code that Soul provided a few posts ago and managed to fight some ~7 random encounters without any freeze. Did no$gba users get 3 event freezes as well or is the tolerance on the emulator bigger?

Either way, continuining to see how long it'll last.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
KazoWAR said:
NoSmokingBandit said:
KazoWAR said:
ctr3k said:
has any one thought about why the counter counts events on Flashcards and not Retail carts.
Because on Emulators and Flashcarts, it fails the piracy check that is programmed in to the game.
No shit. He was asking what the root of the AP is, ie what hardware differences it is detecting between flashcarts and a retail cart. What causes the counter to start to begin with.

Who the hell knows how these companies figure out if the game is running on a flashcard or not, but the simple answer to why this event counter is counting it because it knows its on a flashcart.

Yes but what if we find the exact hardware (or software) check and trick the game into "thinking" its on a retail cart
and that should fix everything.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at this rate

OFFICAL COUNTDOWN UNTIL PATCH RELEASE DAY

5 years, 12 months, 30 days,23 hours,59 minutes left

figos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ctr3k said:
KazoWAR said:
NoSmokingBandit said:
KazoWAR said:
ctr3k said:

Yes but what if we find the exact hardware (or software) check and trick the game into "thinking" its on a retail cart

Funny_Pictures_General_Captain_Obvious.jpg

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctr3k said:
KazoWAR said:
NoSmokingBandit said:
KazoWAR said:
ctr3k said:

That's usually what they do for alot of the things I've ... "needed" ... for the PC and Xbox.

But it's easier said than done when it's all Hex. Stuff just gives me a migraine. Now, if I was still on my Adderall, though ... THEN I could be more helpful and delve through everything. But, too bad.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

That's usually what they do for alot of the things I've ... "needed" ... for the PC and Xbox.

But it's easier said than done when it's all Hex. Stuff just gives me a migraine. Now, if I was still on my Adderall, though ... THEN I could be more helpful and delve through everything. But, too bad.
[/quote]
go buy adderall then

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
baldymcbald said:
just continually have events generally entering buildings is enough to do it or entering the bag etc it generally occurs b/w 20-60 actions
24 for 1 badge, 15 for 2 and 3 for 3 I believe

Souldragon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Artix said:
Souldragon said:
QUOTE said:

Can you give me the process of how you freeze it
Um, just go down, walk in and out of the daycare 3 times?

Going in and out daycare 10 times now.. speeding up the process of freezing by using DesMuMe x86 version.. no freeze yet with this new set of code

Zidane24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Souldragon said:
Artix said:
Souldragon said:
QUOTE said:

Can you give me the process of how you freeze it
Um, just go down, walk in and out of the daycare 3 times?

Going in and out daycare 10 times now.. speeding up the process of freezing by using DesMuMe x86 version.. no freeze yet with this new set of code
Thats great news!

PK Strike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like to report the circumstances in which my (U) Soul Silver is working perfectly in:

Don't know if this matters but the English rom was patched with the arm7 fix from the (J) version, of which had been patched at least five times, at least twice itself having an arm7 injection from an (E) Platinum, as well as Rudolph's patch and Magnius' and Kazo's patches at various points.

Save file from clean (J) about to fight Sabrina in Kanto (far past Whitney and Goldenrod) was swapped in.

And on Acekard2i AKAIO 1.6 RC1

Stress test is at 150 something events and going. Been going in and out of everything in Goldenrod, most of Johto and I'm in Pewter in Kanto, also going in and out of menus, still with no problems.

Sorry if this is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: