Not open for further replies.

yazoomafroo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccgriffith said:
I think I remember reading somewhere, that someone would make their NDS sleep before the ~20 actions came up, and it wouldn't crash.

So, apparently, sleep/awake resets the counter? Anyone else wanna give it a try?

No luck with that.

Alucardd

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ccgriffith said:
I think I remember reading somewhere, that someone would make their NDS sleep before the ~20 actions came up, and it wouldn't crash.

So, apparently, sleep/awake resets the counter? Anyone else wanna give it a try?

Just tried. Did 10 events, slept the DS, and it still froze after about another 10 or so.

EDIT: Using Heart Gold with a DSTT.

Artix

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Regarding the touchscreen - it does not seem to work.
I went inside a house, left it, touchscreen'd the trainer card, but while leaving it [the card] it froze.

I tried going in, touchscreenan and then leaving - froze.

Posts merged

Sleep mode does not work either

Flexibility

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Souldragon's codes don't fix Wi-Fi's AP yet, trying to freeze it by going in and out of houses and stuff.

Still freezes.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
has any one thought about why the counter counts events on Flashcards and not Retail carts.

EDIT: Maybe its the IR no IR hardware the AP kicks in

Grifstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'm feeling a little charitable right now, so I'm gonna try being a tester too for DSTT (I don't remember the version right on the top of my head anymore but I'm pretty certain it has to be the latest one), with SoulSilver.

What all has been tried so far?

EDIT: Also I have only one Pokemon and no badges yet.

ccgriffith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ctr3k said:
has any one thought about why the counter counts events on Flashcards and not Retail carts.

I'm guessing that, as with the DVDs for, say, Xbox, there is something 'hard-coded' on the retail cart, itself. The Xbox discs have something stamped on the disc that can't be copied (I _THINK_).

Much like with AllData, which requires a hardware key that plugs into the USB port - but that's fixed by overwriting the file that checks for it, so that it "sees" the key, even though it's not there.

So, in short, I'm guessing it's a piece of hardware on the retail cart that the software is looking for, doesn't find, and says "Haha, time to shit things up."

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnt worry bout wahts already happend though i am wondering in my earlier posts i mentioned that during a freeze that on the disassembler if you watch arm9 there are a number of addresses that are recording that they are still trying to calculate various events now then the earlier crashes were caused with an overflow at an 8bit level is it not possible that those calculations are what is causing it to freeze. the emulator is only given 128mbs of memory if for what every reason that these calculations are adding up wrong you could be creating a random cascade failure over a simple single address read error thus causing the freeze
ps
i remember that when i used 2 script for ultima online a simple error in calculations could cause the whole server to be tiled by random objects this could infact be while its been so hard to trace it that the over flow at the 8bit level is actually causing the corruption of the roms memory when active and since it does only occur when actions are being taken can it not be that the game is continually having to calculate its own draw function over simple placement of sprites and objects

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ccgriffith said:
ctr3k said:

I'm guessing that, as with the DVDs for, say, Xbox, there is something 'hard-coded' on the retail cart, itself. The Xbox discs have something stamped on the disc that can't be copied (I _THINK_).

Much like with AllData, which requires a hardware key that plugs into the USB port - but that's fixed by overwriting the file that checks for it, so that it "sees" the key, even though it's not there.

So, in short, I'm guessing it's a piece of hardware on the retail cart that the software is looking for, doesn't find, and says "Haha, time to shit things up."

If it's looking for a hardware chances are it's the IR that has been implemented into the cart in HGSS for the Pokewalker?
I mean.. Previous Pokemon games didn't have this issue so could the AP be IR related?

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccgriffith said:
ctr3k said:

But if that is the case, then it shouldn't be working on any flashcards, right?

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KazoWAR said:
ctr3k said:
Because on Emulators and Flashcarts, it fails the piracy check that is programmed in to the game.
No shit. He was asking what the root of the AP is, ie what hardware differences it is detecting between flashcarts and a retail cart. What causes the counter to start to begin with.

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How does the JP patch "fix" the game i know the patch itself doesn't work but there must be something in it that will help.

OFF TOPIC:
417 Guests REGISTER.

banditkeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ctr3k said:
How does the JP patch "fix" the game i know the patch itself doesn't work but there must be something in it that will help.

OFF TOPIC:
417 Guests REGISTER.

Apparently the JP AP was different to the pesky one we have on our hands now...So yea.. The conditions most probably would have been different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist