ROM Hack Pokemon HG/SS fix discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvd42387

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_chaz_ the arm7 doesnt help I tried alot of things last night I even put the DATA file from the US version into the JP rom all that did was screw alot of things up look back around page 3 and you can see that whole experiment from last night

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delta517 said:
laxman0220 said:
Delta517 said:
Can we focus on seeing the results of changing 01410000C with 02260344 instead?

Mine just keeps freezing at the menu screen now. How did it go for you others?

Hey can u give me directions on how to find the string. I've got a hex editor and the rom, i got the rom open in the hex editor, i just dont know how to find the string

Search for it.

searth with the find function, or the goto function, or do you wan't me to just look through all those strings D:

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
_Chaz_ said:
where in the .nds file is the AP found?

I've replaced the arm7.bin file and have had no problems thus far...

AP doesnt show up as a file in the rom if you unpack it. its in the hex adresses(?)

Alright, thank you.

Does this mean that I'll experience problems later on?

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
Delta517 said:
laxman0220 said:
Delta517 said:
Can we focus on seeing the results of changing 01410000C with 02260344 instead?

Mine just keeps freezing at the menu screen now. How did it go for you others?

Hey can u give me directions on how to find the string. I've got a hex editor and the rom, i got the rom open in the hex editor, i just dont know how to find the string

Search for it.

searth with the find function, or the goto function, or do you wan't me to just look through all those strings D:
Iv'e never used a hex editor but I assume there is some sort of find and replace function.

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R1kk1 said:
Dunno if this will be of any help:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...=auto&tl=en

and

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/tra...-2O2X59jCJjMU3A

It looks like they have updated the YSMenu for R4's to fix the Soul Silver AP Problem! O.o

The translation is really broken, but it seems to be legit.
Nice find!
yaywii.gif

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes there is, but if it cant find the string it does nothing. also, this has been tried, it kills your start menu, dunno how, but it does.

anng12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just got another freezze.. i was chalenged by youngerster mikey on route 30/31

and now my 2 poke balls are spinning

everything froze. music is sitll playing

baldymcbald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good luck with the hex editor that was my first guess as well but it will take forever to find the proper addresses its not like hacking ps2 codes where u have a labler to find the proper addresses for the codes you need a program with developer function that allows you to see active memory not just all the memory for example almost all the addresses from 02e000000 and on are all graphics indicating where the program needs to add various sprites and objects as well as animations with out a decent guess from active memory where the error is occurring you could spend hours looking for the right address out of the approximitly 18million addresses that are used in the game.
ps i'm trying the code posted earlier on so far so good it got past the initial freeze i will post back after i go through a bunch of actions give me bout n hour 2 test it

Robedom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think for CycloDS users, we will have to wait until sunday for them to release a patch fixing this AP issue.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robedom said:
I think for CycloDS users, we will have to wait until sunday for them to release a patch fixing this AP issue.

Actually, CycloDS users aren't experiencing anything too severe.
We just have random freezes that aren't too often. The game is overall, very playable.

quaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an idea that just might work to fix for R4 (though im not a coder so i have no idea how to do it). On an original r4 it takes 22 events for something to trigger the black screen. If you can (or have) find out what the code is being executed that causes it to do this i think the best and simplest way to fix it and keep everything else working is to simply change it from 22 events to a number nearing infinity. This seems like an easier fix compared to just trying to completely remove it as that might cause some other mechanisms in the game to not work correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt32379128/ Pirates!