Gaming Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Since when do you do this? Cause since bank is up, that's a legit way to get BPs, so now they aren't using that counter as a flag for piracy.

Probably since December. Just since when the BP cheat was released in PowerSaves.
Do you think it is safe to edit the counter of earned BPs or any other save counter (e.g. Caught Pokémon). Also is it safe to edit the Poké Finder thumb-ups? What is the "Snap Count" field shown in PKHex?

Last edited by UltraBlast93,

shadowpanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably since December. Just since when the BP cheat was released in PowerSaves.
Do you think it is safe to edit the counter of earned BPs or any other save counter (e.g. Caught Pokémon). Also is it safe to edit the Poké Finder thumb-ups? What is the "Snap Count" field shown in PKHex?

No, definitely DO NOT think editing earned BP is safe lol (unless it's upwards, but even then I wouldn't risk it). At this point, I'm not even sure editing Poké Finder data is safe, but I can tell you I see myself tempted to do it VERY OFTEN. And "Snap Count" is the number of pictures you've taken.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, definitely DO NOT think editing earned BP is safe lol (unless it's upwards, but even then I wouldn't risk it). At this point, I'm not even sure editing Poké Finder data is safe, but I can tell you I see myself tempted to do it VERY OFTEN. And "Snap Count" is the number of pictures you've taken.

Of course it would be upwards. Since I have 9999 BP, I would like to increase the number of earned BP to 9999 or over. What do you think about it? Can I do it safely?
Also, I believe that if I decide to increase the thumb-ups, I should also increase the snap count in order to make it look legit. Do you agree?

shadowpanic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course it would be upwards. Since I have 9999 BP, I would like to increase the number of earned BP to 9999 or over. What do you think about it? Can I do it safely?
Also, I believe that if I decide to increase the thumb-ups, I should also increase the snap count in order to make it look legit. Do you agree?

I think the BP counter limit is 9999, so I'd input 9998 BP earned, earn a bit more and check if that's the actual limit. If that's the limit, you got nothing to worry about, cause the cap is that, so you'd be able to edit anytime you want cause cap is uneditable.

And yeah, in order to have consistency, I'd increase the snap count too. But I won't lol. At least not in my Sync'd game.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the BP counter limit is 9999, so I'd input 9998 BP earned, earn a bit more and check if that's the actual limit. If that's the limit, you got nothing to worry about, cause the cap is that, so you'd be able to edit anytime you want cause cap is uneditable.

And yeah, in order to have consistency, I'd increase the snap count too. But I won't lol. At least not in my Sync'd game.

Yeah, 9999 is the limit for the BP. However I've just discovered there is no way to either see or modify the total number of collected BP, so actually this will not be a problem

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zenamez I am not sure having "mismatched currency" triggers the ban. I had earned 0 BP but had 9999. Did not get banned

I'd say you were lucky with it. I've read a few posts over on the 3DS modding subreddit that people have been banned for having mismatching "earned" and "actually have on hand" values.

They did sync up pre-bank however, which may change things going forward (since Bank is a good way to get BP now which would lead to a lot of false positives if they keep their check in place).

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd say you were lucky with it. I've read a few posts over on the 3DS modding subreddit that people have been banned for having mismatching "earned" and "actually have on hand" values.

They did sync up pre-bank however, which may change things going forward (since Bank is a good way to get BP now which would lead to a lot of false positives if they keep their check in place).

Wow that is scary!

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, 9999 is the limit for the BP. However I've just discovered there is no way to either see or modify the total number of collected BP, so actually this will not be a problem

In old versions of PKHex, when you edited the BP value - it edited the "total collected" instead of actually giving you the BP (this happened to me with my older copy of PKHex). Don't know if it's been fixed yet with the latest release though (same with the Plaza currency. I wanted to upgrade my plaza to max level, and yet my value never changed).

Wow that is scary!

Knowing Nintendo, there'll be false positives for about a month or 2 before they get off their asses and fix it.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In old versions of PKHex, when you edited the BP value - it edited the "total collected" instead of actually giving you the BP (this happened to me with my older copy of PKHex). Don't know if it's been fixed yet with the latest release though (same with the Plaza currency. I wanted to upgrade my plaza to max level, and yet my value never changed).

I understand. How could you see the total collected BP? However FC now works properly. Used that cheat on Monday and synced the same day, but no ban.

@zenamez Also, I have used the PokéFinder cheat. I will let you know on Tuesday whether I got banned or did not. Hope not haah. I also modified the counter for "Photos Taken" in the general trainer counters. Do you think this is safe?

Last edited by UltraBlast93,

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. How could you see the total collected BP? However FC now works properly. Used that cheat on Monday and synced the same day, but no ban.

@zenamez Also, I have used the PokéFinder cheat. I will let you know on Tuesday whether I got banned or did not. Hope not haah. I also modified the counter for "Photos Taken" in the general trainer counters. Do you think this is safe?

I found it under the Trainer Info -> dropdown box section (can't remember the name. It was still a number the last time I looked). My PKHex version is mid-December which probably explains why the BP spent stat is a number, and the FC coins weren't usable (it just updated the "max FC value" (or whatever it's called), not the "on hand" value.

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found it under the Trainer Info -> dropdown box section (can't remember the name. It was still a number the last time I looked). My PKHex version is mid-December which probably explains why the BP spent stat is a number, and the FC coins weren't usable (it just updated the "max FC value" (or whatever it's called), not the "on hand" value.

Oh, I meant the collected ones, not the spent ones... however, do you think it is safe to modify the total photos taken from that dropdown box section?

Flying Scotsman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I meant the collected ones, not the spent ones... however, do you think it is safe to modify the total photos taken from that dropdown box section?

I haven't heard anyone getting stung for it, but it's early days yet though. I'd say as long as it isn't a huge jump in value since your last game-sync value, you should be fine (for example, you could boost your value over a few days to make it look believable etc).

UltraBlast93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't heard anyone getting stung for it, but it's early days yet though. I'd say as long as it isn't a huge jump in value since your last game-sync value, you should be fine (for example, you could boost your value over a few days to make it look believable etc).

Right! Thank you! I will let you know about possible bans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: what i didn't do anything!