Pokémon Global Link note says almost 6,000 people have been banned online for having altered save da

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Guipradi, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Luckkill4u

Luckkill4u 4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jul 13, 2008
    Canada
    Insomnia
    Honestly all I wish for Nintendo is death. I'm not a fan anymore and will never buy a Nintendo game again. 3rd party games maybe and nothing is stopping me from pirating the Shit out of you Nintendo. It's just not the same company I used to love.

Ban me if you can but there will always be a way around it. When piracy will happen for the switch I will see you again.

It's funny because I have bought plenty of games for PC and PS4 but I will refuse to buy any Nintendo game or Virtual Console games again.

Xiphiidae and Natural like this.
  2. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    Better than not to play. Anyways, what do you suggest for reason?
    "I deleted my saved data—now I have a new Game Sync ID."
    "I registered the wrong game"
    "I don't have my game anymore"
    "Other (please explain below)"

3. Kyek

Kyek Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    Italy
    "Other (please explain below)"

Im circumventing the ban, smell ya laterz!

DarthDub and PrometheusG. like this.
  4. Elveman

Elveman B9S Shitpost Race Smogonite

GBAtemp Patron
    Elveman is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 1, 2015
    Russia
    Moscow city
    I prefer the sincerest (first). Maybe the second one is better, maybe there's no difference, I don't really know

5. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    It was about time.
    Good riddance, cheaters :)

6. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    You do know your 6IV foreign Ditto came from one of us, right?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I thought about that, but they still have the little serial alongside your profile. (In my case, Y-247-3749-K)
    Then what reason should I choose?

7. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    LMAO, thats funny xD

Tbh, I usually keep things in private lobbies, or say on ps3 days made it fun for others or avoided the ones that didnt want anything to do with them.

Like having an Arceus that one shots everything and goes first every time lol Friends hate it, but they laugh right after. Looks like I'll just avoid going online until my save is perfect lol.

Last edited by Biff627, Jan 26, 2017
  8. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    To use a new ID you have to first register it which you cant normally do with a save that is already registered. PkHeX doesn't currently have the ability to reset the link status in the save I guess. So the best way around that is to generate a new ID with a new save. Link that Id to your Global Link Account, then copy that ID so that you can use it in the save you backed up before resetting the game's save.

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Jan 26, 2017
    Elveman likes this.
  9. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    I wasn't aware of such a ban, never encountered it. I understand now, thanks for that.

Hyoretsu likes this.
  10. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Derp

11. WillTheLion

WillTheLion GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2014
    United States
    Well I'd like to know the cause of this too. I think I gave myself a large amount of masterballs, but that's about it. No other cheats and I'm pretty sure I didn't use gamesync before I gave myself them. I just wanted to speed through the game for the story. Go figure that other games would distract me from even finishing this yet.

DarthDub likes this.
  12. Kagami05

Kagami05 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    Oh...Well s***...
    I have 999 Beast balls and 999 rare candies...

Last edited by Kagami05, Jan 26, 2017
  13. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Okay okay, let us all calm down and let's analyze what we have reached so far, so for starters:

- A ban has been a confirmed due to the use of maximizing the amount of items you can get, x999 gold bottle caps isn't just feasible from night to day guys, if anyone is going to reconnect GL, the best thing to do is to lower that number down, I made it with x5 or x6 of them, that should be fine (not like you need that with Hex anyway)

- Another ban was interesting, the report detailed that an user was banned even if he/she wasn't using a item cheat, my best bet is that one of its pokes is most likely Illegal by the nature of Pokehex Legal checker, so let me put this as a PSA: DO NOT THINK THAT POKEMON FROM GTS or WT ARE ALL LEGAL! you can get banned by having an illegal poke on your PC, even if you didn't intended to use it in GL, Game Freak could ban you anyway for having a Pokemon in your PC with impossible data, even if it's the slightest piece of data that is only readable with a program, so suggestion of the day is: Check your Pokemon with PkHex and see if they are okay (and legal)!

I happen to have had an Electivire Shiny from GTS, and that one was Illegal! I deleted that one from my save and I decided to get another Electivire from another player through GTS, this time a normal 'vire with a feasible level and ball, remember, check your Pokemon with PkHex all the time, period!

- Impossible items, moves or stats are obviously going to get you banned, as well the use of any rom hack included, stay away from them if you want to access online features comfortably

There is something concerning me though, if one were to set the date of a 3DS way before the game was even released (let's say you have your 3DS with 2012 as the year, because why not) would that get you a likely ban? I don't think so but with GF you can never be too sure, everyone should adjust their dates to the current one in their countries or regions specified, better be safe than sorry

Xiphiidae and RustInPeace like this.
  14. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    I was managed to create a New Game Sync ID but since I already have it in my GL(Pokemon Moon) account I cant register it cuz you cant register the same twice unless its the opposite game in my case Sun. In theory it works. Will try with Sun

15. Imacaredformy2ds

Imacaredformy2ds Smartass

Banned
    Nov 17, 2016
    Mexico
    Ayyy lmao
    It's getting traction
    Can't wait for all the anti-cheat elitist's videos
    LOOKS AT VERLIS

Attached Files:

Guipradi and MichiS97 like this.
  16. Hyoretsu

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    That's still a few people, successful threads have waaaay more users than that.

Imacaredformy2ds likes this.
  17. EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2013
    DONE!!

Use my Save file, Create a new Game Sync ID with OPPOSITE game you have in your account(I had Pokemon Moon registered so did it with Pokemon Sun), and VOILA! UNBANNED!

I can confirm I can do Rating Battles

**You might wanna change the Save's Trainer info BEFORE conecting it with the Global Link. And thats ok cuz that Save File has never been Online
    **The Save File was made in Pokemon Moon so you need to convert it with PKHex to Sun if you will use Sun
    **Since its a new game all your previous Data like battles, trades, points, etc will be lost but you can always battle again and yeah

bandicam 2017-01-26 13-04-03-461. bandicam 2017-01-26 13-04-18-357.

Attached Files:

Last edited by EvilMakiPR, Jan 26, 2017
    cvskid, 8BitWonder, putti and 4 others like this.
  18. Motisma

Motisma Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    If I do this, I will lost my save of Pokémon Moon ?

Last edited by Motisma, Jan 26, 2017
  19. Purple Mudkip

Purple Mudkip Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2016
    Colombia
    With ur mom
    Creating Pokemon it's fine, spending 8hrs for each perfect Pokemon it's ridiculous!
    But whatever, this is about the fact that people are getting banned, not about ethics.
    Good job!

20. PrometheusG.

PrometheusG. GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2016
    Greece
    With some posts written here I can't tell if Nintendo is banning hackers or just the idiots
    Not for the faint-hearted