• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xXVisionZXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cant make them run properly on my flash card.... i get a loading rom error=-5 when i try running pokemon black/white patched with V3.... i can run em clean tho
ohnoes.png
please help

the mario

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks darkspirit, your patch was a cinch to apply. Although I do prefer the Japanese names, I can't seem to make the child's play patch to work properly. The patched file ends up being a .bak rather than a .nds, which I then can't use with xDelta. Anyone know a solution?

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mario said:
Thanks darkspirit, your patch was a cinch to apply. Although I do prefer the Japanese names, I can't seem to make the child's play patch to work properly. The patched file ends up being a .bak rather than a .nds, which I then can't use with xDelta. Anyone know a solution?

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can change a file from .bak to .nds simply by changing the name of the file from pokemon.bak to pokemon.nds.

Spenstar, are there plans for another update? Curious if I should keep putting off playing this game for a couple more weeks, or if I should just endure not knowing what is happening. It's not like pokemon games have enthralling stories. xD

Saxisai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here is the problem that I am having, for certain pokemon who's names are too long, when they have four moves and level up via rare candy, and the message asking if you want to delete a move to make room for the new one, it semi-freezes. The game is still running, but the YES/NO option never shows up, any way to fix this?

PyRoManiAcV3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pyronikdesigns.com
XP
Country
United States
It's weird that some people can't gain exp after using the patch.

All I did was patch a clean ROM with the new V3 patches, and I'm still able to gain exp. NEver touched Rudolph's patches.
Both White and Black work for me this way.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PyRoManiAcV3 said:
It's weird that some people can't gain exp after using the patch.

All I did was patch a clean ROM with the new V3 patches, and I'm still able to gain exp. NEver touched Rudolph's patches.
Both White and Black work for me this way.
The EXP problem is a measure of antipiracy. The Rudolph's patch is for people who have devices that don't bypass the antipiracy of these games.
So what you're basically saying is "Why do I have a better flashcart than all these other people?"

BTW, I've never had problems with the AP in this game, since I have a DStwo.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
YayMii I have a question.

I have been playing Black version, and no matter what, for some reason my Union Room keeps freezing.

It worked when I applied the V3 Rudolph Patch alone.

But no other way...

No Translations, no translations + Rudolph, no other versions of Rudolph.

How do you have it working fully?

T4-Pod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
the mario said:

I'm pretty sure when you patch the rom with the child's play patch, the .bak file is the original rom (backup) and the rom you just applied the patch onto is well... the patched rom lol, you're not supposed to do anything with the .bak except for save it in a folder somewhere if you want. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched my game with the antipiracy fix and the english translation. When I play the game I can save, but loading the game again later on gives me a "save corrupted" error.

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:

I have been playing Black version, and no matter what, for some reason my Union Room keeps freezing.

But no other way...

I have had this same problem too.
It works with just the AP patch but once the translation was added, it stopped.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont remember when the last patch was released can someone please tell me?

I ask because i don't remember if I had version 2 or 3 last time. I think the last time i got a patch was about 7 days ago or so?

spider476

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonfrontier.zobyhost.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Jran Sakarra said:
Schlupi said:

But no other way...

I have had this same problem too.
It works with just the AP patch but once the translation was added, it stopped.

Ahhh the reason is beacuse the V4 patch doesn't include fix for union room...

So this is what you need to do for pokemon black

1.- Patch V4 rudolph's AP patch
2.- Patch with V3 translation Patch
3.- Patch with V2 Rudolph's patch that fix union room

I have tested that on SC DS2, N5 (wood for clones), R4 (Wood 1.13), Acekard.... If you don't patch it in that way union room is not going to work... but if you patch the game with V2 after doing V4 and translation patch you can enter with out a problem

GammaForce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why I trying patching white with the v3 patch using Delta GUI, and click Apple Patch and nothing happens even after 1/2h waiting, can someone tell me whats up with it?

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kbf said:
i dont remember when the last patch was released can someone please tell me?

I ask because i don't remember if I had version 2 or 3 last time. I think the last time i got a patch was about 7 days ago or so?
Version 3 came out yesterday, so you must have and older patch.

Grifstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the error code 5 is for DSTT? I "think" I might be getting closer to what my problem was with these newer versions (I don't know, I just went from 1.17a12 to 1.18 with the firmware updates from darkspirit. And now it looks like rom is a least trying to load)...

I know code 4 has to do with game IDs, but I have idea what 5 is. I heard people mentioning it before though.

Or is someone could be courteous enough, maybe I can have a copy of their entire firmware and possibly save me a lot of time? Really, I'm still at a total loss why it's being so picky about it now when it'll play the v2 just fine :|

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:

But no other way...

I don't use the union room... I don't use the Rudolph's patch either. I have no problems with the rest of the game.
But I just checked, and it seems that the union room issue is a problem with the translation itself. They'll need to fix that in the next version.

EDIT: It seems that there's a fix for it (described above), and it involves using the V4 Rudolph patch before using the translation patch, then using an older Rudolph patch after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo