Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If you've played Pokemon games for a while, you probably know the drill by now. Choose your starter, use it to grab a mixture of established favorites and a hundred or so new additions, and then make those adorable animals fight each other for money and glory. Pokemon Black & White is aiming to mix up the formula, chiefly by removing the "established favorites" part of the equation.

Adriasang reports that the next Pokemon title will include all new Pokemon throughout completion of the main story -- no more Pikachus or Vulpixes to be found in the wild. Junichi Masuda of GameFreak said in his blog that they want everyone to have the same starting ground for this game, rather than rely on old tactics. He also wants to instill a sense of discovery akin to the one felt when fans played the original games. Matsuda says designing all new Pokemon has been tough, but the staff will be happy if players enjoy themselves.

Of course, this is only until completion of the main story. Afterwards, we assume the rest of the Pokemon cast will join in, or will be importable from previous games. This joins a sizable list of other new features coming in Black & White, so it seems that GameFreak is aiming to make this edition significantly different than past incarnations. Check out a few of the new Pokemon above.

Source

I CAN'T SURVIVE WITHOUT MY ALAKAZAM! Unless they implement some other insanely fast high special attack Psychic Pokemon.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh My!
frown.gif

I guess they wanted to stop the classical:

1-Start the game, choose the starter, play through. the first gym.

2-Arrived at second city go to pokemon center and exchange some crappy pkm with your own pkm from older games and have fun.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good. A main story with a completely fresh slate should be interesting. We haven't had a game with entirely new Pokemon pre-elite four since Gen 1.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Noooooo! Now I can't use my level 50 Luxray to pwn everyone. My plan was destroyed!

Seriously though, it'll be nice to have that surprise factor I had with my first Pokemon game.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, Sinnoh's PokéDex didn't include a lot of Pokémon from previous gens either IIRC, so this shouldn't be very different. At least I never use any Pokémon from previous gens to play through the game, I only use the regional Pokémon (well, at least until I beat the Elite Four and get the National Dex).

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They should have done this with every pokemon game, starting fresh is WAY more fun than geting to a point where you can trade and snatching your old pokemon. I hope the new pokemoon aren't all retarded -_- I'm mean seriously some of them......why would anyone want to catch them (no I'm not a hardcore player yes I'm a shallow player I go for pokemon via looks/favouritism) hopefully I can find some awesome pokemon in the new bunch, I don't want to have to eventually resort to old pokemon.

Through typing this I came up with an idea which would be an interesting addition to pokemon, migration (y'know like birds in winter migrate to warmer climates) having that system would make catchin some possibly elusive pokemon more interesting.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
Well, Sinnoh's PokéDex didn't include a lot of Pokémon from previous gens either IIRC, so this shouldn't be very different. At least I never use any Pokémon from previous gens to play through the game, I only use the regional Pokémon (well, at least until I beat the Elite Four and get the National Dex).

Well, I never import Pokemon from game to game, but usually there's a Pokemon that keeps popping up in almost every game. Like Abra. He's always there. I always catch him, train him, make him a big badass Alakazam, and go "WHOOSH PSYCHIC" and beat the living shit out of anything that doesn't have a resistance to Psychic.

Although I do think this decision should be a good one provided the new Pokemon don't suck. If they're actually pretty good and diverse enough you can make some very interesting teams and new Pokemon can have a chance to breathe in terms of competitive play.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Guild McCommunist said:
Although I do think this decision should be a good one provided the new Pokemon don't suck. If they're actually pretty good and diverse enough you can make some very interesting teams and new Pokemon can have a chance to breathe in terms of competitive play.
My thoughts exactly.

Let the new pokemon shine for a bit before replacing them with your favorites from the first games. : )

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Ellie said:

Well, I never import Pokemon from game to game, but usually there's a Pokemon that keeps popping up in almost every game. Like Abra. He's always there. I always catch him, train him, make him a big badass Alakazam, and go "WHOOSH PSYCHIC" and beat the living shit out of anything that doesn't have a resistance to Psychic.

They'll probably have a new pyschic chracter that's fast and has low defense just saying.

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're going to make a Dex of all new Pokemon, they have no choice but to make the new Pokemon viable in combat.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ellie said:

Same here I never trade over until I complete the game other wise it just shows your not good enough to get through the game without help or your just lazy.
yay.gif

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
NOOO.
My team from platinum was almost all old pokemon I caught in the wild. With maybe 2 gen 4 pokemon.
I've done that in every game... Now what am I going to do.
ohnoes.png

Learn how to use new Pokemon. It could be a nice challenge.

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no, no more Zubats and Geodudes that seem to solely populate most caves.
They'll probably just make some similar Pokemon to them and stick them in caves instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty +1