• Likes 13

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Tetris Rosy Retrospection DX hack is gaining negative reviews for the simple fact the color choices are hideous - in particular, the HUD at the right of the screen is so colorful that it distracts from the action, and these colors against a white background look jarring.

And you know what? I agree with all of this.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Tetris Rosy Retrospection DX hack is gaining negative reviews for the simple fact the color choices are hideous - in particular, the HUD at the right of the screen is so colorful that it distracts from the action, and these colors against a white background look jarring.

And you know what? I agree with all of this.
Yes, the longer I play it, the more I dislike that the preview of the yellow block is almost invisible and that there's no dark mode, especially coming back from Apotris or even Pandora's Blocks (which has it and also had Creepercraft involved).

I feel sorry for Creepercraft for gaining these bad reviews (I always feel sorry when people who invested time get bad reviews, even if the reviews were deserved) and the sad part is that most of these people won't come back to edit their reviews in case he fixes the issues.

That being said, I really hope he comes back to fixing it.
He could implement multiple color schemes to choose from and/or provide a dark mode. At least he should fix the yellow block's shadow.

Also what bothers me the most about his hack is that multiplayer is basically broken.
I love playing Tetris on real hardware with a link cable. I have a friend who's as addicted to Rosy Retrospection as I am, we both have a few modded Game Boys, I even have an Analogue Pocket, and playing Tetris Rosy Retrospection via link cable is just the best way to enjoy it with a friend imho.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Also what bothers me the most about his hack is that multiplayer is basically broken.
I love playing Tetris on real hardware with a link cable. I have a friend who's as addicted to Rosy Retrospection as I am, we both have a few modded Game Boys, I even have an Analogue Pocket, and playing Tetris Rosy Retrospection via link cable is just the best way to enjoy it with a friend imho.
At this point, just play the monochrome version with the Rosy Retrospection hack. There's not much I can do here.
Post automatically merged:

and the sad part is that most of these people won't come back to edit their reviews in case he fixes the issues.
This also happens with all other ROM hacks no matter what they are. If someone writes a negative review on a hack, then they won't bother playing it again since then (with exceptions) and also steer away from the author who made it altogether.

See why I despise RHDN's review system so much?

• Sad
Reactions: SylverReZ

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
At this point, just play the monochrome version with the Rosy Retrospection hack. There's not much I can do here.
Post automatically merged:

This also happens with all other ROM hacks no matter what they are. If someone writes a negative review on a hack, then they won't bother playing it again since then (with exceptions) and also steer away from the author who made it altogether.

See why I despise RHDN's review system so much?
What does this have to do with RHDN ? No one is gonna re-review everything they ever played/watched/etc, especially the things they didn't like, just to check if stuff improved. And it's only natural to steer away from an athor who made something we didn't enjoy. We don't have infinite time to retry everything so we're better off focusing on authors we like. Do you actually retry everything you ever disliked just to check for improvements ? I doubt it.

That's why, on each RHDN review, you can see which version was reviewed, in case some meaningful updates took case in the meantime that can make the review obsolete. It's up to the reader to check that and think for themselves.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The only Mario's Picross hack so far, and so far it's the WORST ONE YET! Look at all those negative reviews, they say you have to guess too much!
I found it rather enjoyable, but I'd consider myself an experienced "Picrosser" and despite having to guess a few times, the finished images are rather obvious sometimes since they used Nintendo sprites.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found it rather enjoyable, but I'd consider myself an experienced "Picrosser" and despite having to guess a few times, the finished images are rather obvious sometimes since they used Nintendo sprites.
That's what several reviews complain about. The author of this hack deliberately made puzzles as pixel art without taking the difficulty curve into account, which is higher considering the puzzles in the original game are symbols and simple stuff.

Besides, I'm not good at playing Picross. I had Picross DS on my R4, tried a few puzzles but eventually gave up.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lock 'n' Chase is a fun little game I'm getting very interested in as of recently.
5169titlescreen.png

I hope to see this game get a DX treatment one day. That's why I just added it to my wishlist (note that it's the first game I put in the wishlist after some time!).

Last edited by SDA,
Reactions: lordelan

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Added BurgerTime Deluxe to my wishlist.

Because... why not?

EDIT: Don't bother what I said, I deleted it now. Since @SylverReZ keeps mocking me with anything I post, I had no other choice.

Last edited by SDA,

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While not a hack, Link’s Awakening DX was the first time I ever bought a game twice. I saved up for a summer and bought the original Gameboy bundle that came with Link’s Awakening and played through it countless times. When the DX version was released I pounced immediately and that’s the version I’ve played since.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While not a hack, Link’s Awakening DX was the first time I ever bought a game twice. I saved up for a summer and bought the original Gameboy bundle that came with Link’s Awakening and played through it countless times. When the DX version was released I pounced immediately and that’s the version I’ve played since.
It's like I was never aware this game existed. Dude, I know Link's Awakening had a DX version since at least SEVEN years now.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like I was never aware this game existed. Dude, I know Link's Awakening had a DX version since at least SEVEN years now.
Well, I wasn’t suggesting that the OG colorized Gameboy game had somehow slipped under your radar. (It is, in fact, the reason the colorized hacks sometimes append “DX” to their name.) I was just reminiscing about a game from my childhood that was colorized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps