• Views 58,801
  • Replies 389
  • Likes 13

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Man I wish someone would give "Tetris - Rosy Retrospection" the DX treatment. Shouldn't be too much work. Wish I knew how to do it or at least find good source to read into how to start off with things. I learned that toruzz had some videos on YT explaining it a little but took them off. :/

• Love
Reactions: zfreeman

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man I wish someone would give "Tetris - Rosy Retrospection" the DX treatment. Shouldn't be too much work. Wish I knew how to do it or at least find good source to read into how to start off with things. I learned that toruzz had some videos on YT explaining it a little but took them off. :/
I thought we already had an official "Tetris DX" game... to think it's not exactly the same.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Oh man, lots of titles have been just added to my wishlist.
Who does remember for example Mario's Picross? Yes, that game is one of the most popular on the GB and deserves more than a simple Super Game Boy palette.
finished it a couple of months ago ;) now i moved on to picross e7 on 3ds, but will never forget the title song of the GB game.

Last edited by ciaomao,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought we already had an official "Tetris DX" game... to think it's not exactly the same.
Tetris DX looks alright but of course doesn't have all the QoL features of the Rosy hack (you don't wanna play any other GB Tetris again after playing Rosy once) and it also misses the amazing soundtrack. How in the world did they decide to remove the signature title melody?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  • Angry
Reactions: SDA

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/5564/

The author of Mega Man World 5 DX made this way back in 2020.
I'm aware of this but even with the original music I don't wanna play any GB(C) Tetris ever again without the Rosy QoL features.
I just meant that I don't get why Nintendo themselves did not use the iconic melody in the original GB's Tetris successor (what the rom you linked did later).

The perfect Tetris game for me would be either:
  1. Tetris - Rosy Retrospection with a colorization treatment, basically turning it into Tetris - Rosy Retrospection DX
    or
  2. Tetris DX - Rosy Retrospection (basically all the nice QoL features of the Rosy hack added to Tetris DX too but of course with the title melody swap hack you mentioned also included or at least being able to be applied on top of it)

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The perfect Tetris game for me would be either:
  1. Tetris - Rosy Retrospection with a colorization treatment, basically turning it into Tetris - Rosy Retrospection DX
    or
  2. Tetris DX - Rosy Retrospection (basically all the nice QoL features of the Rosy hack added to Tetris DX too but of course with the title melody swap hack you mentioned also included or at least being able to be applied on top of it)
Somebody will probably do one.
Just know that that "somebody" will not be me.

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was not wrong. People are still concerned about the palette choices used in GB to GBC colorizations.

And they still complain about the colors in Metroid II EJRTQ.

• Sad

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy games in color makes a huge difference and honestly looks pretty damn nice.

I'll have to give Super Mario Land on GB a chance even though I'm not a fan of how it plays or looks (a bit too tiny).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy games in color makes a huge difference and honestly looks pretty damn nice.

I'll have to give Super Mario Land on GB a chance even though I'm not a fan of how it plays or looks (a bit too tiny).
See, I'm the opposite... I find Super Mario Land 2 to have too large of sprites. And super Mario Land 1 was too small. Something in-between would have fit the screen better. Wario Land sprites were fine being large because the game generally was slower-paced.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I also forgot to say that I deleted Donkey Kong '94 from my wishlist. Not because the colorization hack has been completed, but rather because I'm not too interested in the game. I can play the four arcade levels and some more stages after that, but ultimately I'm no good with this kind of platformer.

Someone even told me to put it in the first post as an order...

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Btw someone did a DX version of GB Tetris.
This is the last cornerstone before what might be the colorization I've been hoping for the most: "Tetris - Rosy Retrospection". I'd die happily when that happens. And luckily the dev already stated to tackle that one next. My Analogue Pocket is ready!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo