• Replies 389
  • Likes 13

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have noticed that too.
For me it is a bit of a waste since, as we know, there's already an official Tetris DX out there.
No it's legit because Tetris DX lacks the nostalgic atmosphere and music of the OG Tetris (I know there's a patch for the music but still...).

I still wonder why that guy just directly went for Rosy. Hopefully he gets that done before Christmas holidays. Would be sweet! =)

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No it's legit because Tetris DX lacks the nostalgic atmosphere and music of the OG Tetris (I know there's a patch for the music but still...).

I still wonder why that guy just directly went for Rosy. Hopefully he gets that done before Christmas holidays. Would be sweet! =)
I'm no Tetris guy so I don't have a preference on either. But I think the DX version is good enough because it has color and you can even play it on DMG. And the music? I too don't have preference on that, I always play the game with the music turned off.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
S8cu8ko.png

I like this older, simpler Super Mario Land Colour hack, it's far less polished than Toruzz hack, but I like the original sprites.
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1187/

My top wish is the one Toruzz is already working on, Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru.
I'd also like to see Gargoyle's Quest and the sequel, and Kirby's Dream Land 2 colorized.
Also, I don't know how realistic it is, but the Final Fantasy Legend/SaGa games.
Didnt the toruzz hack have an option to use the original Sprites?

Reactions: lordelan and Ligeia

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Didnt the toruzz hack have an option to use the original Sprites?
Not before he updated it to version 2.0.
Post automatically merged:

Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX author, kkzero, has blocked me as well on Twitter.

This is the second colorization author I get blocked by!

Last edited by SDA,

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
No, apparently because I asked them to make a DX version for Kirby's Dream Land 1 as well.

Specialagentape, who colorized the first two Donkey Kong Land games and Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge, has blocked me some time ago already.
Requesting stuff shouldn't be a Bad thing

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmm, let's see...
Somewhat I like keep the original palette tones and gbc hw colorization as it more correspond to the original.
But anyway It would be nice to check how these games looks with colors:
The Amazing Spiderman
Batman - Return of The Joker
Operation C
Tail Gator
Pinball - Revenge of the Gator (from the Kirby's Team)
Spartan X
Duck Tales 1 and 2
Wizard and Warriors - Chapter X
Mickey Mouse
Banishing Racer
also I awaited For the Frog the Bell Toss colorization since I've seen the Zelda DX feeling on it.
Hope the project will go on.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, let's see...
Somewhat I like keep the original palette tones and gbc hw colorization as it more correspond to the original.
But anyway It would be nice to check how these games looks with colors:
The Amazing Spiderman
Batman - Return of The Joker
Operation C
Tail Gator
Pinball - Revenge of the Gator (from the Kirby's Team)
Spartan X
Duck Tales 1 and 2
Wizard and Warriors - Chapter X
Mickey Mouse
Banishing Racer
also I awaited For the Frog the Bell Toss colorization since I've seen the Zelda DX feeling on it.
Hope the project will go on.
Operation C already has an official colorization as part of the E-region exclusive Konami GB collection.

Revenge of the Gator also already has a color hack. https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7480/

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I found a very interesting feature on Dr. Mario DX. You won't believe me, but it's playable on monochrome Game Boy also!

If you load it in the original Game Boy model, you will get the original, untouched GB game - as if you never patched it with the colorization hack. Of course, you cannot play as any character other than Mario in that mode. Basically, you have TWO games in one: the original game and the hack!

Oh, and the latest version of VBA-M has some serious problems when playing DMG games in GBC mode. The Mega Man games in particular are very screwed up, and in DMG mode Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX shows a white screen which also corrupts your saved data (as it happened to me).

Last edited by SDA,
Reactions: lordelan

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I found a very interesting feature on Dr. Mario DX. You won't believe me, but it's playable on monochrome Game Boy also!

If you load it in the original Game Boy model, you will get the original, untouched GB game - as if you never patched it with the colorization hack. Of course, you cannot play as any character other than Mario in that mode. Basically, you have TWO games in one: the original game and the hack!

Oh, and the latest version of VBA-M has some serious problems when playing DMG games in GBC mode. The Mega Man games in particular are very screwed up, and in DMG mode Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX shows a white screen which also corrupts your saved data (as it happened to me).
Iirc only Toruzz and Marc Max's hacks have the proper checks for DMG Game Boy so the game can be played on them without issues.

The other DX hacks by other authors most of the time don't handle this properly, or do it in a basic way. Not to diminish their work, but in this instance one would assume if we choose the DX hack that it would be played on GBC or GBA.

Reactions: lordelan

SDA

Shame Yourself
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Iirc only Toruzz and Marc Max's hacks have the proper checks for DMG Game Boy so the game can be played on them without issues.

The other DX hacks by other authors most of the time don't handle this properly, or do it in a basic way. Not to diminish their work, but in this instance one would assume if we choose the DX hack that it would be played on GBC or GBA.
Toruzz's Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2 DX have a DMG error screen, as well as most of marc_max's DX hacks.

Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX has an error screen too, but instead you get a white bugged screen if you play it in DMG mode on VBA-M 2.1.8. And if there's any saved data it's cancelled instantly.
Post automatically merged:

Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX shows a white screen which also corrupts your saved data (as it happened to me).
And Kirby's Dream Land 2 DX has been updated to version 1.2!

I guess that kkzero tried this hack on the latest VBA-M version and noticed that the error screen did not show up there, so he fixed it. But I can't tell for sure since he's blocked me.

Last edited by SDA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P