Hacking Please Be a Kind Person and Help Me!

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Im a hacker and im trying to play GC games through neogamma through DML r12.

OK so i first go to multimod manager,
Second i install the wad,
Third i used fastfix to Compress the gcm i downloaded,
Fourth, i Made a iso using DiscEX and i copied the whole folder to the games folder in the sd
5th, i just went to neogamma i think the beta 58 where the DML menu shows up.
The Game DID show up and when i press it (Yes there was a disc in the Drive) Its says writing boot.bin i think i forgot and then it says reseting drive and the normal booting says Streaming Audio i think becuase i watched a Guide on youtube but my drive suddenly turns quiet and 1 2 3 POOFF!! Black screen!!!! Can anyone Help Me?? Im a 4.3 user.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hi Im a hacker (No your not.) and im trying to play GC games through neogamma through DML r12.

Fourth, i Made a iso using DiscEX and i copied the whole folder to the games folder in the sd
The Game DID show up and when i press it (Yes there was a disc in the Drive)Its says writing boot.bin i think i forgotand then it says reseting drive and the normal booting says Streaming Audio i think becuase i watched a Guide on youtube but my drive suddenly turns quiet and 1 2 3 POOFF!! Black screen!!!! Can anyone Help Me?? Im a 4.3 user.

What game are you trying to play? Not all of them work, most have bugs.

Reactions: 1 person

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Im a hacker (No your not.) and im trying to play GC games through neogamma through DML r12.

The Game DID show up and when i press it (Yes there was a disc in the Drive)Its says writing boot.bin i think i forgotand then it says reseting drive and the normal booting says Streaming Audio i think becuase i watched a Guide on youtube but my drive suddenly turns quiet and 1 2 3 POOFF!! Black screen!!!! Can anyone Help Me?? Im a 4.3 user.

What game are you trying to play? Not all of them work, most have bugs.

Im trying to play super smash bros melee and Super mario sunshine

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not really. The latest revision is 21 at moment of writing (though game compatibility hasn't improved much afaik).

fstfix is optional; its influence is unsure. More so: "discex -c" does the same thing, so "compressing" it twice is, at best, not doing anything. Please try it without the fstfix part. And if it still doesn't work, try using discex without the "-c" option. Chances are low it'll make a difference, but still...

Oh, and a question I should've asked from the start: you're using games from the same region, right? Assuming you're from the US, that'll be NTSC (once again: I'm not sure if region free is enabled, and even if, whether it'll work on US wii's...but as long as it doesn't work, it's worth noting).

Finally: would you please not call yourself a hacker? I know the process is called "hacking a wii", but it takes more than following a guide to claim such a title. Frankly, it's like calling yourself a car technician because you once "repaired" a car by refilling the gas: it's misleading to others and it won't make you popular among those who actually know their stuff.

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really. The latest revision is 21 at moment of writing (though game compatibility hasn't improved much afaik).

fstfix is optional; its influence is unsure. More so: "discex -c" does the same thing, so "compressing" it twice is, at best, not doing anything. Please try it without the fstfix part. And if it still doesn't work, try using discex without the "-c" option. Chances are low it'll make a difference, but still...

Oh, and a question I should've asked from the start: you're using games from the same region, right? Assuming you're from the US, that'll be NTSC (once again: I'm not sure if region free is enabled, and even if, whether it'll work on US wii's...but as long as it doesn't work, it's worth noting).

Finally: would you please not call yourself a hacker? I know the process is called "hacking a wii", but it takes more than following a guide to claim such a title. Frankly, it's like calling yourself a car technician because you once "repaired" a car by refilling the gas: it's misleading to others and it won't make you popular among those who actually know their stuff.

I know i downloaded 21 and 12

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm...this is interesting. Did the wad compile correctly?
I don't have the r12 around, but r21 should have following hashes:

CRC32: 7FDA9B1B
MD5: 87880DCB4FB423C0D3F4286C32C9B95F

Can you check those? (most zip programs can tell you either one of those).

In case you're using uneek+DI or neek2o: make sure the wad is installed to the real nand and not the emulated one.

but when i drag the game gcm to disc ex it doesnt give me an choice it just converts it

*sigh*

That's the second time I notice you didn't follow fix94's guide correctly. Here's the part that's important:

Open a command prompt in the DML folder and convert your games with the command "DiscEX.exe -c game.iso". This is the best way for pretty much all games, it will also compress the game. If the game doesn't work on your wii you can also try "DiscEX.exe game.iso", this won't compress the game at all, or "DiscEX.exe -c -a game.iso" to convert, compress and 32kb align it, this is pretty much always unneeded and should be only used if you know why.
Assuming windows, you go to the command prompt by clicking 'start', then 'run' then type "cmd" (on windows vista and 7, you click that logo thingy in the lower left, then type "cmd" in that "search programs and files" part).
That black window is your command prompt. Go to the correct folder with the CD command ("CD c:\folder" or something), then manually type DiscEX.exe -c game.iso. except "game.iso" is of course the name of your iso or gcn.

Another question, straight from the guide: did you try the following?
If you want to remove DML again either reinstall a cMIOS or the RVL-mios-v10.wad. If DML doesn't work for you make sure you have a clean BC, to get it run the get_bc.bat included in the DML wad creator package. Then just install the RVL-BC-v6.wad on your wii and try it again.

Reactions: 1 person

Luigipenguin

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...this is interesting. Did the wad compile correctly?
I don't have the r12 around, but r21 should have following hashes:

CRC32: 7FDA9B1B
MD5: 87880DCB4FB423C0D3F4286C32C9B95F

Can you check those? (most zip programs can tell you either one of those).

In case you're using uneek+DI or neek2o: make sure the wad is installed to the real nand and not the emulated one.

but when i drag the game gcm to disc ex it doesnt give me an choice it just converts it

*sigh*

That's the second time I notice you didn't follow fix94's guide correctly. Here's the part that's important:

Open a command prompt in the DML folder and convert your games with the command "DiscEX.exe -c game.iso". This is the best way for pretty much all games, it will also compress the game. If the game doesn't work on your wii you can also try "DiscEX.exe game.iso", this won't compress the game at all, or "DiscEX.exe -c -a game.iso" to convert, compress and 32kb align it, this is pretty much always unneeded and should be only used if you know why.
Assuming windows, you go to the command prompt by clicking 'start', then 'run' then type "cmd" (on windows vista and 7, you click that logo thingy in the lower left, then type "cmd" in that "search programs and files" part).
That black window is your command prompt. Go to the correct folder with the CD command ("CD c:\folder" or something), then manually type DiscEX.exe -c game.iso. except "game.iso" is of course the name of your iso or gcn.

Another question, straight from the guide: did you try the following?
If you want to remove DML again either reinstall a cMIOS or the RVL-mios-v10.wad. If DML doesn't work for you make sure you have a clean BC, to get it run the get_bc.bat included in the DML wad creator package. Then just install the RVL-BC-v6.wad on your wii and try it again.

OK since the commmand thingie keeps shuting off automaticly i did the CMD thingy(like you said) And I draggd the DiscEX exe to the CMD and I pressed Enter. It works but how do i type it in and how do i dragg the iso file to the CMD??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Wake up, it's da first of da month
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Wake up, it's da first of da month