Feedback Modded wii gives me black screen while running games from an usb. A different wii works just fine.

Matias61

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hey. So 1 week ago i decided to clean my modded wii (that hasn't been used since 2019, model RVL-001). Everything worked fine except for the hard drive i used (which was faulty i think?), So i bought a new case for it.

Ok, now to the point. I tried running a game using usb loader gx but it just gave me a black screen, weird because it worked fine 3 years ago. Then i installed wiiflow but that didn't work too.

At first i thought it was the hard drive but its not because when i put the same hard drive in another modded wii (model RVL-101) the games run just fine... I tried every solution but those dont work, This is making my hair fall off... I did run a syscheck on both wiis so im going to show them.

My wii's syscheck and IOSsyscheck:

The other wii's syscheck and IOSsyscheck (sorry if it's in spanish):

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
USB Loader GX need at least one cIOS 249,250 or 251 with a base 56,57 or 58 and dx2-v10r52 patch (base 38 is for games who need a mic or keyboard). Follow this guide to install them correctly. For more information show here as this is related to a full guide to solve such problems.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: SylverReZ

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. So 1 week ago i decided to clean my modded wii (that hasn't been used since 2019, model RVL-001). Everything worked fine except for the hard drive i used (which was faulty i think?), So i bought a new case for it.

Ok, now to the point. I tried running a game using usb loader gx but it just gave me a black screen, weird because it worked fine 3 years ago. Then i installed wiiflow but that didn't work too.

At first i thought it was the hard drive but its not because when i put the same hard drive in another modded wii (model RVL-101) the games run just fine... I tried every solution but those dont work, This is making my hair fall off... I did run a syscheck on both wiis so im going to show them.

My wii's syscheck and IOSsyscheck:

The other wii's syscheck and IOSsyscheck (sorry if it's in spanish):

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Hey, both Wiis have an outdated HBC version, and no Priiloader, and missing cIOSs.

You can either use ModMii to get them, just drag & drop the syscheck into ModMii, it should tell you what to do.
Or you can download them from the Wii.guide site (links are above).
Btw, you should use this modded version of usbloadergx.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan why did you say wtf bunny?