PlayStation's Play At Home initiative lets users keep Uncharted and Journey for free

g3uJ4p8.png

With the record amount of gamers stuck at home, PlayStation is ready to help out, by offering two games to PS4 users for free. Both Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Journey will be free to download and play for a limited time as part of the Play At Home initiative. The best part, is that you get to keep the games, too, permanently. Be sure to grab both games from the PlayStation Store starting on April 15th, or until the promotion ends, on May 5th. That isn't the only thing that PlayStation is doing, either, as the Play At Home initiative also means Sony will be donating $10 million dollars to indie game developers that are struggling as a result of COVID-19.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

Trust me I totally understand you but for the vast majority they either bought this or got it for free on PS Plus service . Maybe they should have just gave PS Now for free for 2 months or PS Plus for free for 2 months and extended PS Now or PS Plus for the current users for 2 months during the pandemic. To me that's very beneficial and no gamer would complain about that. Xbox didn't give us anything that is true. I know the thought that counts but the game selection wasn't good selection.
no, 2 free games is better, 2 months is just 2 months, especially when it's 2 months of some shitty overpriced paid service. these 2 games could easily last longer than just 2 months, it has better value. sure a lot of people may have them, but those of us that couldn't give less of a fuck about ps+ likely don't have them (or bought them seperately)

i'd take 2 free games everyone has access to over 2 months of a service i'll only use like 3 days of, that way i don't have to worry about an arbitrary time limit

Reactions: RyRyIV
D

Deleted User

epic is giving away games regularly.
i've gotten like a total of 10 steam games for free in the past week lol, i'm just commenting about the fact that after all these years sony only ever gave away 2 free games

ps+ games aren't free

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I think a lot of people (not just here but all over the internet) who are complaining are doing so because they either already own the games or that it somehow doesn't count because they were already PS+ titles.

I got Uncharted 1-3 when I bought my PS4 a few years ago and subsequently bought Journey. But that doesn't mean that this isn't a good thing overall. Not everyone had PS+ in August of 2016 for Journey and not everyone got the Nathan Drake bundle.

Just because the free stuff doesn't apply to you doesn't mean that it's a bad thing.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Plus I'm sure loads of people out ther only pld uncharted games once and every game in the series is worth playing again and can also achieve extra trophies or try and plat them- now Sony just announce uncharted 5 for PS5

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy if they did this monthly until the pandemic is done with trust me a) no work= no extra cash for games b) who wants to play the same old library *mine includes only 4 puchased games* since most won't get can't afford ps+/XBLG?

Reactions: Deleted User

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I can finally check Journey off the list, as I tend to prefer physical, and it's stupid expensive that way. Digital is overpriced too.. if we're being honest, considering it's a PS3 game. I already bought Uncharted collection, then reinstalled it for the PS+ license.. wonder if I'll need to reinstall it a third time.. to finally have its permanent discless version installed on my console. Glad they are doing this though.. holla back Xbox :)

Last edited by simbin,

RLXD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
US only once again, anyway. Europeans never get good freebies or deals when it comes to PSN. One exceotion was the free Monster Hunter World, but that was UK only.

D

Deleted User

US only once again, anyway. Europeans never get good freebies or deals when it comes to PSN. One exceotion was the free Monster Hunter World, but that was UK only.
the only not worldwide people don't get is germany and china, and they get knack 2 instead of uncharted

i cAn't english

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good initiative from Sony to give gamers and parents 2 free games to stay at home. I guess most players already played Uncharted 1-2-3 and Journey on PS3 or PS4. But what counts is the gesture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol