Status
Not open for further replies.

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real question now is how soon will Sony stop the production and keep its losses to minimum.

That is to be seen. Stay tuned for more spicy news right here at.

Valwin TV

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the strangest feeling of deja vu.
Like we've done this before.
All of it.
Repeatedly.
ViEg8.png

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's all sony's fault, so much power, so much potential with that quad core processor and graphics chip, they need more games . I honestly don't like most of their lineup, The only ones I like and have are LBP , Assassins creed, Uncharted and PlayStation allstars. I can't wait for homebrew again to play some n64. Most people ( I said most) aren't into anthing other then that as well, I have friends that only buy nintendo systems, and only for mario games. If sony had the marketing department of nintendo, It would have 100 games by now and be off the shelves in most stores.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its interesting that people are so staunchly defending the Vita when back when the 3DS originally launched within a shorter time frame of its release with stronger sales than the Vita were declaring the 3DS a flop. When the full reality of that situation was that it didn't end up being a flop at all even if they did have to cut the price. Meanwhile the Vita isn't seeing much growth in its consumer base, no price cut seems to be around any corner, and frankly the sales just aren't there. None of this means the Vita is a bad handheld by any means. I can't stress that enough. But it is factually selling much much worse than the 3DS, and in fact isn't making Sony money at this point. That by definition makes it something of a flop in my book especially since its been a year and not much has changed.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think its interesting that people are so staunchly defending the Vita when back when the 3DS originally launched within a shorter time frame of its release with stronger sales than the Vita were declaring the 3DS a flop.

Eh, no. No they weren't unless you take flippant remarks seriously.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the handheld is a flop at all. I have like 15 games for it and I might have some minor complaints about some. Overall though, I have fun whenever I play it. I think most people expect too much. I know you want developers to jump all over this thing and they should. Most were probably scared though due to piracy on the last gen. I think this thing is going to be like a snowball rolling down a hill. It will get bigger and have more added with time, then smash you in the fucking face. Just be patient. I'm happy regardless because even if support drops for it, the thing will get hacked (fully). Then at worst we have the psp that we should of got in the first place (dual analog). I got a hell of a deal on my vita, and I'm happy with it.

retrodoctor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the handheld is a flop at all. I have like 15 games for it and I might have some minor complaints about some. Overall though, I have fun whenever I play it. I think most people expect too much. I know you want developers to jump all over this thing and they should. Most were probably scared though due to piracy on the last gen. I think this thing is going to be like a snowball rolling down a hill. It will get bigger and have more added with time, then smash you in the fucking face. Just be patient. I'm happy regardless because even if support drops for it, the thing will get hacked (fully). Then at worst we have the psp that we should of got in the first place (dual analog). I got a hell of a deal on my vita, and I'm happy with it.
It doesn't matter if you're happy with it. You being pleased with it and it being a flop are two different things.

Reactions: Rydian

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If developers were scared of piracy, they would have stopped releasing games on the Wii and the DS a long time ago. Both of which are absurdly easy to mod and pirate on. No, rather the developers see the poor sales of the system and feel like their invested time and energy would be wasted for little gain. Thus they cancel and drop PS Vita releases. As a side note, homebrew game releases for the PS Vita would not come even close to the quality of big name commercial releases. The only thing it would have running for it would be a bunch of emulation potential (not bad necessarily but definitely wasted potential). So, all us adopters of the Vita better hope for a decent break that revitalizes Sony's handheld.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter if you're happy with it. You being pleased with it and it being a flop are two different things.
Labeling it a flop is an opinion, just as mine. That's been claimed as stated earlier in the thread of other consoles/handhelds, which turned out to be wrong long term. Slow starts happen, and a system that isn't even a year old I believe in no way can be a determining factor of it's fate. People by nature just put more energy into complaining than complimenting. Gamers in general are a hard crowd to please. Some want graphics, others want gameplay. Some complain about being overloaded with shovelware, others complain that there aren't enough A titles. Sales numbers in a garbage economy doesn't prove much either, at least on my end.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone mentioned Wipeout, and didn't deliver screenshots. So here's one directly from my Vita (not the best shot, but i tried). The Vita's OLED screen makes it look a lot more vibrant than the screenshot does on a regular monitor.
1H93m

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone mentioned Wipeout, and didn't deliver screenshots. So here's one directly from my Vita (not the best shot, but i tried). The Vita's OLED screen makes it look a lot more vibrant than the screenshot does on a regular monitor.
1H93m
You forgot to remove the banner from the bottom right hand corner. I don't believe you. :<

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You forgot to remove the banner from the bottom right hand corner. I don't believe you. :<
It's the game's fault. It disables the actual screenshot function and forces you to use the photo mode within the game. Image quality is the same, but it replaces the HUD with that watermark.
EDIT: if you want proof, I'll get a screenshot of a wall or something and it'll still put that watermark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!