somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Eh, the Vita had so much potential, retail and otherwise.

Sony has done a completely shit job at marketing it, and there are very few games worth playing on the Vita, especially if you have another console, and it just doesn't have "personality". I mean, it plays ports and PSP games very well, but where are the exclusives? Ones that aren't chopped down versions of console games? If it doesn't make a comeback in 2013, Sony will probably be done with the handheld market, which is a shame, because then we get less games. The Vita desperately needs a price cut.

Heh, I wouldn't have been surprised, if in an alternate timeline, the 3DS would have found itself in this very same position if it weren't for it's own price cut.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe if half the game's roster wasn't ps3 ports. >_>
The Vita doesn't play PS3 ports. It plays stripped down, shittier versions of PS3 games. If Sony was aiming for a portable PS3, they certainly failed. Funny thing is, a PS3 is probably a cheaper, better investment anyways, if you include the memory cards and stuff, and piracy as well (Don't flame, most of us pirate in one way or another, so it's a valid point in this forum), if you buy a pre-hacked one, sucks the more recent ones can't be hacked, as I've learned recently,

And it barely has a roster to begin with. Shame, really is.

Reactions: Valwin

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
well tbh i gave a look at vita specs and uhm the cpu was kinda weak, even on ARM. Maybe the psvita price isn't accurate right now compared to ps3

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I just heard today that the Vita had a $50 price cut during the Christmas rush in the last few weeks or something. In all honesty, if I knew about it at the time (and had $200 to spare), I might have actually bought one...
If you don't have the money to get one now I completely understand.

You can always try buying one at a local AT&T store since some of them are clearing the 3G version with 8GB memory card for $99.99 to $199.99.

Frys is selling the Wifi version for $199.99 in store only.....

If your willing to buy used go to cowboom use celebrate15 and you can get a Vita for $118.99 Wifi or $127.49 3G.

If that doesn't work you can always wait for the New Years sales. They usually aren't to great but maybe there will be a great one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well tbh i gave a look at vita specs and uhm the cpu was kinda weak, even on ARM. Maybe the psvita price isn't accurate right now compared to ps3
lolwut?

I wasn't even going to post here anymore, but please, do post another device with equivalent specs at that price point. It's a scalable quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore running at up to 2Ghz (according to the spec sheet), there isn't another mobile device with this much juice on the market, not at that price, and to top that off, it can use that CPU to its fullest since it doesn't have to carry a heavyweigh OS.

The CPU alone is pretty darn strong, and it's paired with a quad-core SGX543MP4+, which is the enhanced iPad 3rd Gen GPU running at almost twice the clock rate.

Adding to that, it has twice the System RAM and half the VRAM of the PS3.

Overall, it's a beast - check your facts Coto.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
lolwut?

I wasn't even going to post here anymore, but please, do post another device with equivalent specs at that price point. It's a scalable quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore running at up to 2Ghz (according to the spec sheet), there isn't another mobile device with this much juice on the market, and to top that off, it can use that CPU to its fullest since it doesn't have to carry a heavyweigh OS.

The CPU alone is pretty darn strong, and it's paried with a quad-core SGX543MP4+, which is the enhanced iPad 3rd Gen GPU running at twice the clockspeed. Check your facts Coto.
The Vita has so much potential, in terms of raw power, and homebrew, and games, but that matters very little if no one (this is an expression used figuratively) is buying it, and the library is mediocre.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
okay im just going to say it.

"ITS STILL EARLY DAYS!"......................... kind off.

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
lolwut?

I wasn't even going to post here anymore, but please, do post another device with equivalent specs at that price point. It's a scalable quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 MPCore running at up to 2Ghz (according to the spec sheet), there isn't another mobile device with this much juice on the market, not at that price, and to top that off, it can use that CPU to its fullest since it doesn't have to carry a heavyweigh OS.

The CPU alone is pretty darn strong, and it's paired with a quad-core SGX543MP4+, which is the enhanced iPad 3rd Gen GPU running at almost twice the clock rate.

Adding to that, it has twice the System RAM and half the VRAM of the PS3.

Overall, it's a beast - check your facts Coto.
Just dropping in with a few Vita screengrabs.
3WJ6c.jpg

mic1e.jpg

Now we're playing with power.

Reactions: Valwin

Andim

Trophies
XP
Country
counterparts.
If you zoom in or increase the resolution of certain images they look like crap.
These are screengrabs. Native resolution. But go ahead, zoom out.
Are they the portable PS3 games we were promised yet?
Most modern smartphones can outdo the Vita's meager offerings. Even the screen resolution isn't too impressive. This is all made worse by the fact that no one's doing anything properly with this power. Pics related. Even if the Vita were "a beast", publishers are avoiding it like the plague. Where are the games, Sony? Where are the games?
inb4 a list of ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)