Playstation 5 turns one today.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scalpers are one of biggest reason that I lost interest in PS5 nowadays and Sony didn't know how to control the supply, so it should be limited to well established PSN users.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I like the ps5 a lot more than the ps4, it's so quiet.
The PS5 is good but it always just struck me as a better PS4 for the most part.

It's doesn't feel like a place for next gen games, it feels like as though you get it for enhanced performance for certain games, 60fps patches or whatnot.

Not saying that it's bad for the PS5 to enhance PS4 games but that can't what the console should all be about.

It should be having next gen games that push the quality for gameplay (and to some but lesser extent, graphics).

Even then regarding the next gen games problem the PS5 isn't really doing a whole lot for PS1-PS3 era compatibility, Xbox is leagues ahead in this regard with backwards compatibility with OG XBOX-Xbox One with the Series S/X.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1 year and still no games worth getting
As true exclusives, Demon's Souls and Returnal have been doing a lot of heavy lifting no doubt. Plenty of great upgraded PS4 games to keep me happy though, maybe not everybody. And there's always native third-party titles.

Even then regarding the next gen games problem the PS5 isn't really doing a whole lot for PS1-PS3 era compatibility, Xbox is leagues ahead in this regard with backwards compatibility with OG XBOX-Xbox One with the Series S/X.
True, but Series S/X have the same problem of not having enough next-gen exclusives. Halo Infinite and Psychonauts 2 are the only ones not on PS5 IIRC, and they're both on PC of course. It's too early to declare a "winner" of next-gen, because right now the winner is clearly PC. Until supply catches up to demand for both consoles, not many devs are gonna go all-in on exclusivity.

Reactions: HellGhast

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
True, but Series S/X have the same problem of not having enough next-gen exclusives. Halo Infinite and Psychonauts 2 are the only ones not on PS5 IIRC, and they're both on PC of course. It's too early to declare a "winner" of next-gen, because right now the winner is clearly PC. Until supply catches up to demand for both consoles, not many devs are gonna go all-in on exclusivity.
I mean yeah both consoles are lacking in terms of next gen exclusively, I didn't say that Xbox was better then PlayStation at that, only when it came to backwards compatibility Xbox has the major advantage.

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are your favorite games