OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello GBATempers,

Here is my second patient.
Please see the startup recorded on thermal imaging camera and advise me if you can.

I have checked pretty much everything around the board. No shorts, voltage rails are there. It turns on, beeps and blinks blue EXACTLY 5 times and then turns off. I am kind of lost.

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are difficult to solve because no obvious short. You'll need to swap components to figure out what's wrong unless you find some resistance readings that are off compared to a good board. A guess would be ram.

rtncyp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
These are difficult to solve because no obvious short. You'll need to swap components to figure out what's wrong unless you find some resistance readings that are off compared to a good board. A guess would be ram.
It is a proper ball ache. So first cycle completes and turns off. When you press the power button one more time it just beeps and 2 components on the mb shows heat under the camera for couple seconds and do nothing. One more press to power button and it does the 5 times flash cycle. If it was bios it should at least keep blinking. I was thinking the ram too but which one. Pfff
Post automatically merged:

Also dont have a good board which is another issue...

FiXiNGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have two boards EDM 020 with exactly the same issue. I already reflowed the RAM and reflashed the BIOS. Nothing helps. One of them was able to boot into safemode but fails with „Update file is corrupted“ and after that will cycle as you said between beep without light and beep with 2 sec light.

I have two boards EDM 020 with exactly the same issue. I already reflowed the RAM and reflashed the BIOS. Nothing helps. One of them was able to boot into safemode but fails with „Update file is corrupted“ and after that will cycle as you said between beep without light and beep with 2 sec light.
On my board during the „little cycle“ only SSD Controller, Southbridge and the Voltage regulator IC between SB and SSD Controller slightly heats an I can see a current draw like initialisation. It goes from 0A to nearly 300mA and then drops to 20-30 mA

On my board during the „little cycle“ only SSD Controller, Southbridge and the Voltage regulator IC between SB and SSD Controller slightly heats an I can see a current draw like initialisation. It goes from 0A to nearly 300mA and then drops to 20-30 mA
The second cycle where GPU, RAM and more voltage regulators are heating is consuming 3-4 Ampere but then suddenly shuts off

Last edited by FiXiNGA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played