Hardware Edm-030

BirdManPhil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going nuts. I have an edm-030 that beeps once when you press the power button then shuts right down.
Power supply provides 12v exactly.
All fuses are good and no shorts detected.
Thermal camera shows rapid intense heat on southbridge .
Upon checking standby voltages I was able to locate a 16 pin step down converter that is getting 5v in but not putting out 3.3v like it should. Enable pin 13 is not getting any voltage at all, so I suspect the 4 kohm pull down resistor is bad, but I can't find the damn thing anywhere.
Pin 13 (enable) goes directly to a through board via. It was suggested that it might pop back up on the opposite side of southbridge but there are no 4 kohm resistors or open resistors that I can find in that area.

Groborona

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I'm going nuts. I have an edm-030 that beeps once when you press the power button then shuts right down.
Power supply provides 12v exactly.
All fuses are good and no shorts detected.
Thermal camera shows rapid intense heat on southbridge .
Upon checking standby voltages I was able to locate a 16 pin step down converter that is getting 5v in but not putting out 3.3v like it should. Enable pin 13 is not getting any voltage at all, so I suspect the 4 kohm pull down resistor is bad, but I can't find the damn thing anywhere.
Pin 13 (enable) goes directly to a through board via. It was suggested that it might pop back up on the opposite side of southbridge but there are no 4 kohm resistors or open resistors that I can find in that area.
Can you make photo and mark 16 and 13 legs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There was a arcade about 10 minute walk from my house when was a kid, so that was my hangout always.