PlayStation "State of Play" slated for Wednesday, Jan 31st

state.jpg

Sony has announced today that they will hold a brand new "State of Play", which is scheduled to air on Wednesday, January 31st, 2024, and it's estimated to be around 40 minutes long.

The State of Play will cover around 15+ games according to Sony's post, including titles like Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin, which will come later down on 2024, as well as giving new information regarding other upcoming titles for both the PlayStation 5 as well as the PS VR2.
The show is slated to air at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT through YouTube, Twitch and TikTok.

:arrow: Source

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
4pm CST I always thought it was weird that things like tv listings usually don't include central times, as if no one lives in that time zone. :P
Don't know what's worse, having it at 4pm and be at work or having it at 00:00 and having to wake up at 6. I'll suffer the consequences tomorrow

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to suffer. Although I get it's kinda fun to watch it live, there's no good reason (imo) to have to. :)
I always watched them live, the anticipation when you see a blackscreen and then the dissapointment when there's a weird game. Like, when they announced GtaV for ps5 at first you see the rockstar logo and think: GTA VI! and then.....oh....gta v on ps5....

Still, it's kinda fun to watch it live, especially the live chat and the reactions

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Cystra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony has announced today that they will hold a brand new "State of Play", which is scheduled to air on Wednesday, January 31st, 2024, and it's estimated to be around 40 minutes long.

The State of Play will cover around 15+ games according to Sony's post, including titles like Stellar Blade and Rise of the Ronin, which will come later down on 2024, as well as giving new information regarding other upcoming titles for both the PlayStation 5 as well as the PS VR2.
The show is slated to air at 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT through YouTube, Twitch and TikTok.

:arrow: Source
F-qHpXfbAAAhAb8

Sonic Generations remake anyone?

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I literally forgot about this until just now. lol. Nicest day in a long time and I just got over being sick for a month and a half so took my car out for a wash, visited with a neighbor, and picked up a few groceries. Got home just in time. Hope I see something new that I like.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just learned more about Stellar Blade; while I'm really glad that at least one game is trying to buck the 'woke' trend that has infested modern media (to the point of firing feminist staff that tried to sabotage the project), I'm concerned that it's a PlayStation exclusive, as it's no goddamn secret that Sony's been heavy on censorship in the last decade, forcing devs to remove offensive language and overly-sexualised scenes or cover up overly-exposed characters (for more info, go look up Censored Gaming's YT channel, for one source; it's ludicrous how many videos are over Sony's forced changes, when not even Nintendo mandates this as much).

So yeah, I'm worried Sony's restrictive policies will have affected the development of Stellar Blade, in a way Valve, Microsoft, or even Nintendo wouldn't have. Hopefully it hasn't, but as a PS-exclusive...most likely, it has been, which would be a shame for an openly anti-'woke' game and studio.

Either way, I'm not going to play it as I don't own a PS5, and I don't like playing as female PCs either; it's much easier to connect with and relate to male PCs, in my mind, and sexual dimorphism has resulted in (all else being equal) men generally being physically stronger and physically resilient than women, and thus better suited for physical combat - like using swords to slice'n'dice opponents, for example. So female PCs doing it just as well as men (if not better) ruins the immersion, ruins the suspension of disbelief, for me.

Cystra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just learned more about Stellar Blade; while I'm really glad that at least one game is trying to buck the 'woke' trend that has infested modern media (to the point of firing feminist staff that tried to sabotage the project), I'm concerned that it's a PlayStation exclusive, as it's no goddamn secret that Sony's been heavy on censorship in the last decade, forcing devs to remove offensive language and overly-sexualised scenes or cover up overly-exposed characters (for more info, go look up Censored Gaming's YT channel, for one source; it's ludicrous how many videos are over Sony's forced changes, when not even Nintendo mandates this as much).

So yeah, I'm worried Sony's restrictive policies will have affected the development of Stellar Blade, in a way Valve, Microsoft, or even Nintendo wouldn't have. Hopefully it hasn't, but as a PS-exclusive...most likely, it has been, which would be a shame for an openly anti-'woke' game and studio.

Either way, I'm not going to play it as I don't own a PS5, and I don't like playing as female PCs either; it's much easier to connect with and relate to male PCs, in my mind, and sexual dimorphism has resulted in (all else being equal) men generally being physically stronger and physically resilient than women, and thus better suited for physical combat - like using swords to slice'n'dice opponents, for example. So female PCs doing it just as well as men (if not better) ruins the immersion, ruins the suspension of disbelief, for me.
"Woke" lmao get a life, feminism isn't bad.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
"Woke" lmao get a life, feminism isn't bad.
This really isn't the place for this, but all I'll say is that feminism ISN'T egalitarianism - feminism is strictly all about female empowerment, males be damned; egalitarianism is about the promotion and beneficial improvement of both males and females.
By that metric alone, feminism is bad. Not to mention everything feminists have done to raise women up, often at the cost of men, but as I said...not the place for this. This ain't the Politics section.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4