Newly registered "Sonic X Shadow Generations" domain has been spotted

Screenshot from 2024-01-30 09-19-01.png

Rumours about an upcoming Sonic Generations Remaster have been swirling around in several websites, with apparent leaks floating around with hints at a possible port or even a remaster of the now 10+ years old title.

Today, a very intuitive fan by the name of MbKKssTBhz5 managed to find a new domain registration by the name of "Sonic X Shadow Generations", registered back in January 9th, 2024, which adds fuel to the circulating rumour about a possible imminent announcement for a resurgence of the Generations entry in the Sonic franchise. While fans where quick to catch the domain, trying to access it returns a "403 Error", with the message that the access "request [was] blocked".

It's possible that this could be a fan-registered website, however, some people have compared this to the Sonic Superstars leaks that made their rounds a few months ago, with a similar masking system to block any access request to the website, so it could very well be a legitimate website registered by SEGA in preparation for an upcoming announcement (which many cite could be in the upcoming PlayStation "State of Play" this Wednesday, January 31st.

:arrow: Sonic X Shadow Generations website (Unavailable at the time of writing)

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That could be a possibility, though what would they base the new levels on? Games that came after Generations? Games before Gens that they didn't bother to touch? Entirely new stuff? ...I guess given the Shadow theme, maybe more SA2 levels?

We'll just have to see. 🤷‍♂️
I saw the Sonic X Shadow Generations video and tbh...I'm worried, the first part where Shadow is homing attacking those enemies reminds me of Sonic Colors "level design" which I hate.

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought everyone saw this already, I'd swear it was posted already. Well I suppose not standalone to this instance of a video.
Can be I somehow missed it. Got this with the Sega newsletter.
Anyhow, I don't care too much about Shadow, who is just an over-edgy 2000s Sonic with a gun. But it says on Sega's website that it will contain a complete remaster of Generations, so if they don't mess it up, that is something I will enjoy a lot. I have it in PC but I always feel like I have to fiddle around endlessly before I have it running well with controller and and mods and stuff. If I get a nicely remastered version on PS4 to plug and play, that's all I ever need.

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ever since that damn game it ruined his image because before, he ain't got no guns.
I am not familiar with post-Megadrive Sonic lore. I was the perfect age to be ardent Sonic fan when he first appeared, after that, it was just not for me. The whole world with it's characters and style seemed more incoherent, too. What was that with guns, aliens, humans, human cities? Black Knight, Princess? I am sure that I would have enjoyed it more if I had still been a kid back then. It also seems Japanese manga culture has less reservations throwing it all together for a big crazy setting and storyline, but it's not quite my cup of tea. Big the Cat and that Crocodile dude are fun, though.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not familiar with post-Megadrive Sonic lore. I was the perfect age to be ardent Sonic fan when he first appeared, after that, it was just not for me. The whole world with it's characters and style seemed more incoherent, too. What was that with guns, aliens, humans, human cities? Black Knight, Princess? I am sure that I would have enjoyed it more if I had still been a kid back then. It also seems Japanese manga culture has less reservations throwing it all together for a big crazy setting and storyline, but it's not quite my cup of tea. Big the Cat and that Crocodile dude are fun, though.
Black Knight was a Sonic game for the Wii.

The "Shadow is just an edgy Sonic with guns" was this one:

818UXQ1mjSL.jpg

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Black Knight was a Sonic game for the Wii.

The "Shadow is just an edgy Sonic with guns" was this one:

818UXQ1mjSL.jpg
Yes! I tried that one and honestly, I wonder what went through Sega's mind. And that werewolf ehm werehog stuff in Unleashed (I think?) was weird, too. Though I have never tried that, maybe it is fun.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! I tried that one and honestly, I wonder what went through Sega's mind. And that werewolf ehm werehog stuff in Unleashed (I think?) was weird, too. Though I have never tried that, maybe it is fun.
The Wii/PS2 versions of Sonic Unleashed is a more traditional Sonic game in 3D, but it still has the werewolf stages, I think.

Sonic's model in Wii looks really nice over the rest, imo.

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Wii/PS2 versions of Sonic Unleashed is a more traditional Sonic game in 3D, but it still has the werewolf stages, I think.

Sonic's model in Wii looks really nice over the rest, imo.

Ok. I guess I'll finish Generations first, and I'll do it on the ps4 once it's out. I just tried reinstalling on PC, and it's that whole trouble of getting it to accept a controller in the first place. Then I would like to stream it to my ayn odin, I guess that's going to be the next couple of hours trying configurations etc. And that is still without some nice mods that restore cut-out content.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but do you guys think SONIC ADVENTURE: Dreams Edition is cool for a 2d Sonic fan who wants to get into the 3d Sonic Games?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I guess I'll finish Generations first, and I'll do it on the ps4 once it's out. I just tried reinstalling on PC, and it's that whole trouble of getting it to accept a controller in the first place. Then I would like to stream it to my ayn odin, I guess that's going to be the next couple of hours trying configurations etc. And that is still without some nice mods that restore cut-out content.

Sorry if this is off-topic, but do you guys think SONIC ADVENTURE: Dreams Edition is cool for a 2d Sonic fan who wants to get into the 3d Sonic Games?

That looks awesome and I had no idea until now. Thanks.

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(late response oopsie)

I saw the Sonic X Shadow Generations video and tbh...I'm worried, the first part where Shadow is homing attacking those enemies reminds me of Sonic Colors "level design" which I hate.
I'm pretty sure that level is just FInal Chase from SA2.

I could be wrong though, or they added more to FInal Chase that's a lot more like the modern 3D stages from Colors and such.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto