Hardware Playing Wii games on vWii.

EvoBuddha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*I think I posted this in the wrong area, I ment to post in the Hacks section*

I hope this hasn't been covered. I recently bought a Nintendo WiiU (last friday to be exact, when I install everything first thing it did was update).

My question. I bought the Wii because I wanted to play the Metriod series and Zelda series of games, and also all the old marios. For the most part all the old "nintendo" games.

I was sad when I tried to by a copy of the metroid trilogy to find it the game(s) would set me back 300 bucks or so. So I started to look for "other" ways to get these games. Short of buying an older Wii and the games one at a time I couldn't come up w/ a suggestion.

A friend of mine said I should just "hack" the vWii, and run the roms of the metroid trilogy and, well any other games.

Before I got buy stuff to do this I want to make sure this will work.
Things to buy
A. Nintendo Wii U - Complete
B. Super Smash bros brawl - Local gamestop has this in stock
C. 2 gig SD card
8854714_sc.jpg

SanDisk - 2GB SD Gaming Memory Card for Nintendo Wii .
Best buy has this for $5.99

I have downloaded the Smash files needed. Will install this and the homebrew goodies :) Will this allow me accomplish my goal?

Is there anything else needed?

Thanks in advance :)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll also need to purchase an external hard drive. Check out the wiiu hacking and homebrew section to see what types will work best for your needs

http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ will help you after you've been able to install the homebrew channel. Read through it VERY thoroughly, because it's easy enough to brick your vWii if you don't know what you're doing.

After you follow that guide, look through the Wii U hacking and homebrew section to answer the rest of your questions.

EvoBuddha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll also need to purchase an external hard drive. Check out the wiiu hacking and homebrew section to see what types will work best for your needs

http://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-install-cios-on-vwii-backup-nand-and-keys.339890/ will help you after you've been able to install the homebrew channel. Read through it VERY thoroughly, because it's easy enough to brick your vWii if you don't know what you're doing.

After you follow that guide, look through the Wii U hacking and homebrew section to answer the rest of your questions.

Thank you for the reply, I forgot to mention I have several external Hard drives already that are not being used.

momocop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to work better if the External Hard Drive has a external power supply. It is a pretty straight forward process.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol