Platinum shows off The Wonderful 101 Remastered gameplay in new trailer

PlatinumGames' Kickstarter for a remastered release of The Wonderful 101 proved to be wildly successful, bringing in over 2 million USD (or specifically ¥235,320,528) in order to fund the project. With the crowdfunding campaign at less than 24 hours to go before completion, Platinum has decided to share a trailer, showing off what the once Wii U exclusive looks like, in its new remastered form. New content will be available, including a time attack mode, two new 2D adventures, and a remixed soundtrack. The Wonderful 101 Remastered will launch sometime next month, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#PhysicalPlaystation4CopyWhen

The last game I need ported off of the Wii U and onto the Switch is Pikmin 3. If I were Nintendo, I would reward long time fans with a trilogy collection on Switch but hey I'm just a guy.

I would love to see Xenoblade Chronicles X jump ship before it's forgotten as the only and only reason to actually own a Wii U but I don't hold any real hopes for that.

And I hold even less hopes for that one last game I need to polish off, The Devil's Third. Yeah you heard me right. I want to give that game a go before its all over. Just once.

Last edited by BORTZ,

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The gameplay is really hard to describe. It is a crazy mess :D you are controlling all heroes at once. You move em around, form special attacks etc. The story is on purpose totally japanese crazy style. But I laughed my ass off

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously, is this game any good? I never heard anyone talking about this until now. Even when Bayonetta 2 came out, people didn't stop talking about it. This came out and no one said a peep. :blink:
Seriously don't you read any reviews lol - I'm pretty sure youl get a better judgement of the game then reading someone here say yeh best wii u game out ther

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The last game I need ported off of the Wii U and onto the Switch is Pikmin 3. If I were Nintendo, I would reward long time fans with a trilogy collection on Switch but hey I'm just a guy.

I would love to see Xenoblade Chronicles X jump ship before it's forgotten as the only and only reason to actually own a Wii U but I don't hold any real hopes for that.
The Wii U has much more comfortable controllers than the Switch does; the Wii U Pro Controller is just flat-out better than either the Joy-Cons or the Switch Pro Controller, while the GamePad beats out the Joy-Cons any day of the week.
Also, The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Two more amazing games that the Wii U boasts, and no other console can.

Reactions: gameboy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The Wii U has much more comfortable controllers than the Switch does; the Wii U Pro Controller is just flat-out better than either the Joy-Cons or the Switch Pro Controller, while the GamePad beats out the Joy-Cons any day of the week.
Also, The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Two more amazing games that the Wii U boasts, and no other console can.
remenber wiiu is not portable and while i love it, that alone makes it inferior to the switch you go like 3 meter away from console and cut connection.

Hephaestus

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Seriously, is this game any good? I never heard anyone talking about this until now. Even when Bayonetta 2 came out, people didn't stop talking about it. This came out and no one said a peep. :blink:

You didnt hear about it cause it was a Wii U exclusive ^^;;;

It is really good tho.

Lots of fun.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have no idea why mention this game so often, like it's a mind blowing classic for everyone to experience and that it's gonna be passed on from generation to generation. Sales/earnings have absolutely nothing to do with the games quality, lasting appeal etc.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't mention range; just better controllers and two awesome Legend of Zelda games.
also switch screen is 720p wiiu gamepad screen is 480p whick makes it not even hd, so the whole portability aspeck on wiiu is 100% loss to switch imo.

i still love my wiiu hacked with emulators and gc games on gamepad and the few wiiu exclusives that remain.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game was already hard to play with the gamepad, i have no idea how your gonna draw the formations on pc and ps4 or switch. It was only a decent game anyway.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
this game was already hard to play with the gamepad, i have no idea how your gonna draw the formations on pc and ps4 or switch. It was only a decent game anyway.
Exactly. And people seem to forget that over the hype.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay