New 'Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion' trailer shows off remaster improvements

ffvii.JPG

Launching next month is Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion, the remaster of the PSP's Crisis Core. In anticipation of its launch, Square Enix has aired a new trailer today showcasing the improvements featured in this revamped version for current systems:

The story of Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion begins seven years before the events of FINAL FANTASY VII and follows Zack Fair, a young Shinra SOLDIER operative. As his adventure unfolds, he discovers the dark secrets of Shinra’s experiments and the monsters they create.

Improvements in this remaster include HD graphics overhaul, newly arranged soundtrack, fully voiced dialogue in English and Japanese, and an updated combat system. The PS5 and Xbox Series X versions will support 4K resolution and the PC version will enable the game to be played at up to 120 Frames per second.

Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII - Reunion launches launches this December 13 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC. Preorders are now open for the game.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a looking time, they were adamant they wouldn't touch VII. Gradually making spinoff.

Management f**ked any IP they had, so out if desperation, they finally caved and remade VII itself. They STILL mananaged to make a sh*tshow if that at every turn too.

Incompetent doesn't come anywhere close. To think they earn what they do too?

Last edited by yoyoyo69,
  • Haha
Reactions: tabzer and Naster

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'd like to see a modern remake of Final Fantasy 1. I really really enjoyed that story line at the time and would love to see it depicted in movie scenes.

aruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's good to know they added some few QoLs like a chance to cancel enemy limit breaks and use your own DMW limit break at your time of choice so it's less intrusive (you can skip the limit break cutscenes too!)

I'm really looking forward to this! An early Christmas gift for me :D

G25900

Trophies
XP
Country
Square Enix likes this cow called Final Fantasy VII
People always say things like this yet ignore the fact there was a 15 year straight run of them releasing some version of FF IV and it's sequels somewhere in the world every year. It's honestly ridiculous how many times that games been released.

Between ports of the original, the remake, the sequels and their remakes, they just pumped out FF IV non-stop.

VII releases have been pretty tame in comparison, they usually only put stuff out around an anniversary.

Reactions: Flame

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Honestly, I'd like to see a modern remake of Final Fantasy 1. I really really enjoyed that story line at the time and would love to see it depicted in movie scenes.

That's pretty much what Stranger of Paradise is. Even though you know that the main character (Jack Garland) is Chaos, the story still is surprisingly good (with the FF twist). It seems that SE cannot make a remake of a game without going completely off script and attempting to break the molds they've created. FFVII - remake was great btw.

Reactions: EldritchPenumbra

EldritchPenumbra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty much what Stranger of Paradise is. Even though you know that the main character (Jack Garland) is Chaos, the story still is surprisingly good (with the FF twist). It seems that SE cannot make a remake of a game without going completely off script and attempting to break the molds they've created. FFVII - remake was great btw.
Wow I was not aware of this game.

Reactions: tabzer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0