1. 2,047

Front-page

PlatinumGames' Kickstarter for a remastered release of The Wonderful 101 proved to be wildly successful, bringing in over 2 million USD (or specifically ¥235,320,528) in order to fund the project. With the crowdfunding campaign at less than 24 hours to go before completion, Platinum has decided to share a trailer, showing off what the once Wii U exclusive looks like, in its new remastered form. New content will be available, including a time attack mode, two new 2D adventures, and a remixed soundtrack. The Wonderful 101 Remastered will launch sometime next month, for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam.

2. Discussion (17 replies)

3. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    #PhysicalPlaystation4CopyWhen

The last game I need ported off of the Wii U and onto the Switch is Pikmin 3. If I were Nintendo, I would reward long time fans with a trilogy collection on Switch but hey I'm just a guy.

I would love to see Xenoblade Chronicles X jump ship before it's forgotten as the only and only reason to actually own a Wii U but I don't hold any real hopes for that.

And I hold even less hopes for that one last game I need to polish off, The Devil's Third. Yeah you heard me right. I want to give that game a go before its all over. Just once.

Last edited by BORTZ, Mar 25, 2020
    HaloEffect17, Y0shII, Alato and 3 others like this.
  4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Seriously, is this game any good? I never heard anyone talking about this until now. Even when Bayonetta 2 came out, people didn't stop talking about it. This came out and no one said a peep. :blink:

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  5. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I tried it on the Wii U and I have to say: It was really fun. Totally crazy and fun!

6. wii_go

wii_go Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    I GIVE IT A TRY, dont play it at the launch on wiiU... even if i don't understand how you change the 101 heroes in different shape ??

gameboy likes this.
  7. Frexxos

Frexxos GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    The gameplay is really hard to describe. It is a crazy mess :D you are controlling all heroes at once. You move em around, form special attacks etc. The story is on purpose totally japanese crazy style. But I laughed my ass off

gameboy and usernamecharlie like this.
  8. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Seriously don't you read any reviews lol - I'm pretty sure youl get a better judgement of the game then reading someone here say yeh best wii u game out ther

9. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The Wii U has much more comfortable controllers than the Switch does; the Wii U Pro Controller is just flat-out better than either the Joy-Cons or the Switch Pro Controller, while the GamePad beats out the Joy-Cons any day of the week.
    Also, The Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Two more amazing games that the Wii U boasts, and no other console can.

gameboy likes this.
  10. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    remenber wiiu is not portable and while i love it, that alone makes it inferior to the switch you go like 3 meter away from console and cut connection.

11. Hephaestus

Hephaestus GBAtemp Fan

Korea, North
    You didnt hear about it cause it was a Wii U exclusive ^^;;;

It is really good tho.

Lots of fun.

12. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Netherlands
    That looks fun!

13. drazenm

drazenm Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Have no idea why mention this game so often, like it's a mind blowing classic for everyone to experience and that it's gonna be passed on from generation to generation. Sales/earnings have absolutely nothing to do with the games quality, lasting appeal etc.

14. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    This is wonderful news.

15. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I didn't mention range; just better controllers and two awesome Legend of Zelda games.

16. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

It runs decently on cemu if anyone wants to try it.

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    also switch screen is 720p wiiu gamepad screen is 480p whick makes it not even hd, so the whole portability aspeck on wiiu is 100% loss to switch imo.

i still love my wiiu hacked with emulators and gc games on gamepad and the few wiiu exclusives that remain.

18. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    this game was already hard to play with the gamepad, i have no idea how your gonna draw the formations on pc and ps4 or switch. It was only a decent game anyway.

Bimmel likes this.
  19. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Gambia, The
    Exactly. And people seem to forget that over the hype.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Remastered, Wonderful, Platinum