Hacking Plailect guide part5, how to set up GW EmuNAND correctly?

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
hi,

Im at the last Part of Plailects guide for setting up arm9loaderhax and i did follow every step from the beginning. I want to update SysNAND from 2.1 to 9.2 just to feel safe and keep Gateway EmuNand, which i did back up with emuNAND Tool before starting the guide.

For that i have to follow everything but "Section V - Removing RedNAND from your SD", right?

And at Selection IV, i restore the backups from 9.2 SysNAND to SysNAND and the Gateway EmuNAND to EmuNAND, right? Will there be any conflicts with my current RedNAND and the GW EmuNAND i want to restore? Or do i have to delete RedNAND first and then restore GW EmuNAND?

The last question, how do i get acces to GW EmuNAND after finishing the guide? Is this tutorial what i am looking for?

thanks in advance :)

SimplyFedorable

Evangelion Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you ok with deleting your rednand, or do you have games and saves on your rednand? If not, delete rednand to prevent conflicts and save space. That guide you have is for using a gateway card. If you are using cfw and not a gateway card, any will work for you cfw except for saltfw. If you are using a gateway card, use that guide.

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I dont want to make anything on sysNAND, just keep it like on my old setup (4.5.0 + GW emuNAND) and play the games over GW card. The redNAND was just needed for the guide, its basicly empty.
@Quantumcat will the tutorial i linked create a new emuNAND which is compatible with the GW card?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I dont want to make anything on sysNAND, just keep it like on my old setup (4.5.0 + GW emuNAND) and play the games over GW card. The redNAND was just needed for the guide, its basicly empty.
@Quantumcat will the tutorial i linked create a new emuNAND which is compatible with the GW card?
You are installing a9lh which will not be anything like 4.5 with Gateway emuNAND. You should stop now, restore a backup at 9.2, and use menuhax. The ENTIRE point of a9lh is to have everything on your sysNAND and not need to worry about emuNAND anymore (well, and the debrick tools). Having an emuNAND just makes everything harder and less convenient, for zero gain. Like having airbags and also putting bubble wrap on the inside of your windscreen. The bubble wrap will do nothing for you in a crash, and just make it impossible to see where you're going.
The guide you linked is for making Gateway work with the newest a9lh build, so not relevant to you since you're not interested in a9lh.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
i read that arm9loaderhax gives you a 100% bootrate directly into emuNAND. The old methode with the DS exploit takes too much time to get into the GW emuNAND, thats the reason i wanted to switch :)

edit: so it is safe to play on and update sysNAND now without having a emuNAND with this hack?

Last edited by wii94,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i read that arm9loaderhax gives you a 100% bootrate directly into emuNAND. The old methode with the DS exploit takes too much time to get into the GW emuNAND, thats the reason i wanted to switch :)
You can, but you have to modify the guide, which is a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing. Plus, you need to do extra work to change SD cards, and extra work to play GBA or DSiWare games, you need double the space on your hard drive to store backups, and a whole bunch of stuff just will not work and will require workarounds. All this for ZERO benefit. You can have everything that's on your emuNAND on out sysNAND and use Gateway with it. I can't understand why you would want to inconvenience yourself for no reason. You can use the guide you linked afterwards, but you'll have to figure out all the changes in the guide and the different settings you'll have to set. If you run into problems, people are going to roll their eyes at you when they find out your problems are caused by having an emuNAND. So, just so you're prepared.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, but you have to modify the guide, which is a bad idea if you don't know what you're doing. Plus, you need to do extra work to change SD cards, and extra work to play GBA or DSiWare games, you need double the space on your hard drive to store backups, and a whole bunch of stuff just will not work and will require workarounds. All this for ZERO benefit. You can have everything that's on your emuNAND on out sysNAND and use Gateway with it. I can't understand why you would want to inconvenience yourself for no reason. You can use the guide you linked afterwards, but you'll have to figure out all the changes in the guide and the different settings you'll have to set. If you run into problems, people are going to roll their eyes at you when they find out your problems are caused by having an emuNAND. So, just so you're prepared.
Well said. I might actually switch to sysNAND now, even though I DO know what I'm doing.

Reactions: Quantumcat

wii94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
@Quantumcat thanks for explanation. I was on the mindset that emuNAND is the highest security you can get on the 3ds.
I will finsih (hopefully) the guide tomorrow, its to late for today :)

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1