Picofly AIO Thread

RedFawkes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
Some time ago I had a problem with a V1 Switch that had the Orange Screen error after installing Picofly. If I launched atmosphere, it displayed the 2 Atmosphere screens (text and logo), and then Black Screen, and after some seconds, Orange Screen. If I booted System Firmware bypassing picofly and hekate pushing VOL+ & -, black screen and then Orange Screen.

I've made quite a few successful installations before and never had this problem. I also have 20+ years of microsoldering experience, so I can make clean installations and clean soldering points.
I thought the orange screen was a problem with the Wifi chip, even if I didn't damaged any traces or pads making the installation.
So I desoldered everything and tried to boot the switch. It was kind of weird, now with all the hours I've been in front of this console, I can't rememberif it booted or not. I think not, but it booted into Recovery Mode. Under recovery mode, I made a "Reset preserving saves & accounts" and it did it successfully. Then I entered recovery mode and did a system upgrade. It searched for all the wifi networks, I connected to mine, and it downloaded the firmware with no problems.
I did a couple of bootings / powering offs of the console and everything now looked fine and working properly.

So, discarding the wifi chip, I made a new picofly installation, triple checking every single solder point. So, I prepare the SD with all the updated files. Hekate loads up fine. Atmophere shows both screens, and then the Nintendo Switch & Logo screen appears, and it hangs there. No black screen, no Orange Screen. I stays there.
If I boot System Firmware bypassing Picofly, the same happens. Nintendo logo, then Nintendo Switch & Logo screen, and it stays there.

Under Hekate, I went to Nand Info and everything looks fine, BUT, I clicked on "Benchmark", and it starts benchmarking, but halfway it gives an error and forces me to press any key to exit.

So, is the eMMC the problem? Can it be fixed? I saw a program called EmmcHaccGen that I think it can rebuild and flash a new nand. Should I use that?

Thanks a lot for all the help you can provide me. I'm desperate with this console.

EDIT / UPDATE: I tried another MicroSD brand and now after the Nintendo Switch Logo, instead of hanging there, I get an Atmosphere error with Error Code: 2002-3539.
I looked for that error, and I read that 2002 is a Filesystem error. So maybe I'm right and the eMMC is corrupted? Should I try to flash it with any program?

What happens if you try to boot to OFW via Hekate reboot button?
See attached pic (borrowed from Sthetix's HATS pack page)

If OFW is boots correctly then I would imagine that your eMMC is ok.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-23 001405.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-23 001405.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 32

ojobenito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What happens if you try to boot to OFW via Hekate reboot button?
See attached pic (borrowed from Sthetix's HATS pack page)

If OFW is boots correctly then I would imagine that your eMMC is ok.
Nintendo Logo, then Black Screen, and it hangs there. No Orange Screen after waiting about 30 seconds or so.
What's weird is that with no chip installed, the console didn't boot (I think), but official recovery mode did boot, and I did a reset (keeping saves), and then an update, and then, the console booted normally after powering off and on 2 or 3 times.

Eds05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had some issues with the RP2040 Tiny:
- emmc slow mode,
- No boot in OFW mode,
- No boot in SysCFW mode (atmosphere logo and black screen),

EmuMMC was always ok.

I fixed all of these issues by adding an extra 47ohms resistor on DAT0. I had to do that for some oleds and some v1/v2.

Reactions: Jehmyson

Jehmyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
- emmc slow mode,
- No boot in OFW mode,

EmuMMC was always ok.

I fixed all of these issues by adding an extra 47ohms resistor on DAT0. I had to do that for some oleds and some v1/v2.
Thanks for the tip bro. It fixed for me too! :yay:

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi everybody. I'm new to this site, and I am very happy to join this community.
Recently, I installed the picofly on two lite units. On the first one, I installed two MOSFETs on the APU points regularly. But on the second one, I managed to install one on the alternative points on the back of the board. It worked, and I was excited to come here to say thanks to developers and share photos of my installation. It would be great to know your opinion about my work.

Attachments

• 1000000851.jpg
    1000000851.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 1000000847.jpg
    1000000847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 1000000848.jpg
    1000000848.jpg
    655.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 1000000850.jpg
    1000000850.jpg
    684.2 KB · Views: 35

ojobenito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
- emmc slow mode,
- No boot in OFW mode,

EmuMMC was always ok.

Patched V1 Erista.
I had this same errores (not the emmc slow mode, but it didn't boot). I tried to add that resistor and now everything is working again. I've been days trying to diagnose what was happening, and it was just this easy fix.
Thanks a lot!

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi everybody. I'm new to this site, and I am very happy to join this community.
Recently, I installed the picofly on two lite units. On the first one, I installed two MOSFETs on the APU points regularly. But on the second one, I managed to install one on the alternative points on the back of the board. It worked, and I was excited to come here to say thanks to developers and share photos of my installation. It would be great to know your opinion about my work.
Great work, I would suggest in the future you use thinner wires for 3v3, GND and especially for CPU (from mosfet)
38awg is more than enough for everything.

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Great work, I would suggest in the future you use thinner wires for 3v3, GND and especially for CPU (from mosfet)
38awg is more than enough for everything.

Thank you for the advice.
By the way, I need help to choose the right wire. Apart from the size of the wire, the type of coating is also important. There are some wires which when the coating is heated during soldering, instead of melting, act like a shiring coating and do not get damaged. I think those models of wires are very suitable for this work, but the problem is that I don't know the name of that particular model with that good coating.

ojobenito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Quick question.
Is there any alternate 3.3v/vcc point for the V1/V2 Switch?
I REALLY hate that point next to the ram modules on the diagram. There is a capacitor nearby that I accidentally bridged a couple of times and it takes ages to fix and get rid of the solder bridge.
So, any valid and better alternate poknt to 3.3v ?
Thanks!

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Quick question.
Is there any alternate 3.3v/vcc point for the V1/V2 Switch?
I REALLY hate that point next to the ram modules on the diagram. There is a capacitor nearby that I accidentally bridged a couple of times and it takes ages to fix and get rid of the solder bridge.
So, any valid and better alternate poknt to 3.3v ?
Thanks!
Thats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_203522_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_203522_Chrome.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Mr Skinner

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
- emmc slow mode,
- No boot in OFW mode,

EmuMMC was always ok.

How did you add the extra resistor to the Tiny? Did you replace the existing 47 ohm with 100 ohm or just added on? Can you show a picture? Just looking for ideas on how others do it. Thanks

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
How did you add the extra resistor to the Tiny? Did you replace the existing 47 ohm with 100 ohm or just added on? Can you show a picture? Just looking for ideas on how others do it. Thanks
You could just replace them with 0201 or 0402 (like the ones in the picture)

Attachments

• 20230824_215935.jpg
    20230824_215935.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: karatefeet

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country

I did a rather special install with an rp2040-tiny and added 0805 resistors same way as on an rp2040-zero. works but a bit tight

Attachments

• photo_2023-08-07_20-45-47.jpg
    photo_2023-08-07_20-45-47.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 30

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did a rather special install with an rp2040-tiny and added 0805 resistors same way as on an rp2040-zero. works but a bit tight
Thanks for the pic! This is much easier than what I was going to do 😁

You could just replace them with 0201 or 0402 (like the ones in the picture)
Thanks for providing the resistor sizes!

Reactions: QuiTim

Elektronimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey all - so I've done the mod on a Switch Lite -- and there is good news, and bad news.

The good news: the switch turns on and works as intended still.

The bad news: the RP2040-zero doesn't seem to turn on?? It's getting 3V's though (measured with my DMM), so it's not for a lack of energy. There's no indication from the RGB-led on the front of the board, and the Switch just goes straight to the regular OS, no error-messages or anything.

Where should I start to look for the problem? Could it be that my flash of firmware to the RP2040 didn't stick? Or I managed to ERASE it somehow??

Here's some pictures of my mod, as it is currently.

Attachments

• 2023-08-29-17-16-20-726.jpg
    2023-08-29-17-16-20-726.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 2023-08-29-17-16-37-675.jpg
    2023-08-29-17-16-37-675.jpg
    1,003.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2023-08-29-17-17-07-307.jpg
    2023-08-29-17-17-07-307.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 2023-08-29-17-17-17-057.jpg
    2023-08-29-17-17-17-057.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • 2023-08-29-17-17-32-182.jpg
    2023-08-29-17-17-32-182.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all - so I've done the mod on a Switch Lite -- and there is good news, and bad news.

The bad news: the RP2040-zero doesn't seem to turn on?? It's getting 3V's though (measured with my DMM), so it's not for a lack of energy. There's no indication from the RGB-led on the front of the board, and the Switch just goes straight to the regular OS, no error-messages or anything.

Where should I start to look for the problem? Could it be that my flash of firmware to the RP2040 didn't stick? Or I managed to ERASE it somehow??

not sure why you prefer led side facing down and red cable/3.3v line seems easy to contact to metal shield ground.

Dariush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran

What is that wire jumper you made on the left side of the pico between USB and some point at the bottom of it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious