Pokemon Black (Creepy Pokemon Red Hack)

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by zidanewild, Aug 1, 2010.

Aug 1, 2010
  1. zidanewild
    OP

Newcomer zidanewild Member

United States
    Ok, you can Google Pokemon Black, and you'll discover Nintendo is releasing a Pokemon Black. that's not what this is about.
    Google search Pokemon Black Hack, or Pokemon Black Creepy, and you'll get a whole story about how somebody found a Pokemon Red cartridge with a death-theme to it. anyone who mentions anything about a 4-word phrase being in a sentence is an idiot and will jump to conclusions. we either need someone to find the actual hacked game, or end up not finding it. dismissing a story as a hoax is stupid, whether or not it's unbelievable. only after this thread dies after a significant amount of people (I mean like well over 75) bother to try for a couple weeks to dig something up, will it be decided if it's fake, or if it's real. if nothing turns up after all this, it's either fake or people destroyed the only copies out of terror-fueled panic. anyway, get searching.
    Pokemon Black starter search

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Was googling for this and I found this creepy youtube video. link. Read the description while you listen. Once finished, read the first letters of each paragraph. Finally go to ~9:00 in the video and read the writing.

3. Neku_12

Newcomer Neku_12 Newbie

United States
    This is creepy stuff, i read the article on tinycartridge, i will ook for stuff

4. zidanewild
    OP

United States
    Oh, right, I forgot to mention, there's a hack elsewhere floating around the net, it's "Pokemon Black: Palace Edition", or something like that, it's ALSO a Pokemon Red hack, but it's crap, and not the one we're looking for.

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I listened to it, eventually I began reading the description. I got to the part about "something missing" and then, right on cue, the added sound waves popped in. I continued listening until the next distortion and got a surprise from the Unknown.

The part after that actually began to give me chills and raised my heart rate a bit. This is some freaky shit.

6. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I have no idea what this is, someone explain, I can't read that whole story, too much reading for me. Something in the game about that annoying sound??

7. zidanewild
    OP

United States
    the youtube thing is unrelated, nearly as creepy though, so maybe sorta related.

8. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    Read this. It tells you all about it in detail. Then proceed to read the comments, their hilarious. (But completely unrelated)

9. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    That YouTube video was only scary! [​IMG] It was a story about a guy and his friend. One day the friend mysteriously dies, and the first guy check his friends computer and finds this creepy mix of Lavender Town song. The creepy part is reading the story while the music goes in the background...

10. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    I also remember coming across a pokemon red hack, it was called pokemon knife. Basically you go around pressing select and the sprites disappeared. Nothing creepy happened though. And when killing a main sprite, e.g. Gary, the game freezes. But as I said nothing creepy.

11. zidanewild
    OP

United States
    Well, just got out of contact with a good friend of someone I know, who actually had it a few years back, but due to annual backup-what-you-want/drive formats, he very likely doesn't have it. he says he doesn't remember where he got it, he used google. it'd suck if it used to be hosted on Geocities. but at least there's 1 person who's trustworthy who claims to have had it as an ROM.

12. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thats actually pretty creepy, and probably quite a difficult hack, done by a very skilled rom editor

13. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    After reading that wall of text I have to say I don't believe this is true. Too many things happen in the game that act so legit it seems an official of Nintendo made it,which definitely did not happen.

14. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    [​IMG]

I really doubt any of these actually exist. Changing resources is one thing, but changing the actual programming in such drastic ways is another entirely. It would take a fuckton of work to do this, these things mentioned are not any normal "hack". If this existed it'd be a huge undertaking, the ROM would be available/archived somewhere. I have searched and no such ROM exists, while many other far less useful/interesting hacks nobody gives a damn about can be found easily.

It's like claiming there's a football event more important than the Super Bowl the big media companies recorded, but having no actual footage of it. No, it's bullshit.

Really interesting stories with a good point, though. The original creator of pokemon wanted it to be more serious where they could die and such, though the anime series didn't go that route... Pokemon Special (the name of a manga) did go his route, though.
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokemon_Adventures

15. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah i dont think it exists either, the first thing on google said it might have originated on 4chan, which basically means fake

16. zidanewild
    OP

United States
    and so we now have a platypus.

17. Takanato

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    Lol ...reading all of you guys' comments made me lolz. This cartridge is in fact true and I used to play it on vba, that old gameboy advance emulator, yar. The game is in fact scary [​IMG] at the last part of the game where you see the pokemon and trainers you used "Curse" on with the amazingly well sprited custom pokemon named "Ghost". The Lavender Town music playing at the end while I watched the pokemon and trainers fade, made my heart beat fast as hell. I'm not sure if its still on that forum site I got it from but you can try to find it.

18. zidanewild
    OP

United States
    if you remember the site, post a link, or something. don't just say you had it, then leave it at "well, I hope you find it good luck!".

19. Takanato

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    http://www.pokehacks.in/

The site no longer exists it seems. I used to get pokemon hacks from there. Thats where I found "Pokemon Creepy Black".

20. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Many other rom hacks have had added elements and seemed really legit as well, just look at ShinyGold.
    Also, Pokemon Red an Blue weren't exactly the most advanced pieces of code.