Picofly AIO Thread

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone!

I did an install, and at the end the diode values seemed to check out (the CPU pin was a little above 0.900 but my multimeter shows direct probe to probe as anywhere between 20 to 120, so I figured it would be inside the 0.900 range). So picofly works, no sd card screen, all good. After I put in sd card package black screen. Removed sd card, pressed volume+/- to go to OFW, purple screen. Purple screen means I screwed up CMD point. Fixed it.

Now I get a blue screen, so it seems I may have screwed up more than one thing. Everything I found pointed to the APU, so I removed the hwfly flex ribbon, disconnected the pi, still blue screen. I was really careful when installing the flex cable, I knew those caps are heat sensitive so I tried to be as quick as possible, pre-tinned the cable, plenty of flux and everything.

Is it possible I fried one of the two caps and that's the reason for the blue screen? Since the pico manages to glitch shouldn't the caps be fine? I suppose that if there was a problem with those SP1 and SP2 caps the pico would give an error code.

If photos are needed of RST I can post tomorrow, but since I get to the no sd card screen I'm guessing that shouldn't be the problem. Also don't have photos of the apu with the flex cable since I removed it for testing.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to explain the problem the best way possible.

Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• fiished.jpg
    fiished.jpg
    957.4 KB · Views: 37
  • dat0.jpg
    dat0.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 25
  • CLK CMD and 3.3V.jpg
    CLK CMD and 3.3V.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 29
  • finished_noheatsink.jpg
    finished_noheatsink.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by roxzii,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi everyone!

I did an install, and at the end the diode values seemed to check out (the CPU pin was a little above 0.900 but my multimeter shows direct probe to probe as anywhere between 20 to 120, so I figured it would be inside the 0.900 range). So picofly works, no sd card screen, all good. After I put in sd card package black screen. Removed sd card, pressed volume+/- to go to OFW, purple screen. Purple screen means I screwed up CMD point. Fixed it.

Now I get a blue screen, so it seems I may have screwed up more than one thing. Everything I found pointed to the APU, so I removed the hwfly flex ribbon, disconnected the pi, still blue screen. I was really careful when installing the flex cable, I knew those caps are heat sensitive so I tried to be as quick as possible, pre-tinned the cable, plenty of flux and everything.

Is it possible I fried one of the two caps and that's the reason for the blue screen? Since the pico manages to glitch shouldn't the caps be fine? I suppose that if there was a problem with those SP1 and SP2 caps the pico would give an error code.

If photos are needed of RST I can post tomorrow, but since I get to the no sd card screen I'm guessing that shouldn't be the problem. Also don't have photos of the apu with the flex cable since I removed it for testing.

Sorry for the long read, just wanted to explain the problem the best way possible.

Appreciate any help!
What guide you use for that 3.3v point?
nvm its correct, i wrongly see it, some rotation and everything is okay.

Reactions: roxzii

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you @Dee87 for mentioning using a Lower Gauge Wire on the MOSFETS.
Switching from 0.1mm Magnet Wire to 30 AWG Insulated Wiring fixed it for me and i get the no sd screen on my OLED B-).
No problem ;-)
That's why we are here

The next best thing u should do is get ride of that trash dat0 adapter :rofl2: :rofl2:

axlcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

Appreciate any help!
Same problem here yesterday on an oled except for the purple screen part, I think your problem is because of the DATO adapter, I uninstalled the picofly and my DAT0 adapter was broken (damaged or corrupt EMMC)

Reactions: roxzii

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Same problem here yesterday on an oled except for the purple screen part, I think your problem is because of the DATO adapter, I uninstalled the picofly and my DAT0 adapter was broken (damaged or corrupt EMMC)
Thank you for the reply! Wouldn't that give me an error code on the picofly though?

EDIT: If it was emmc/nand curruption it would still get to hekate, so that can't be it.
Post automatically merged:

Hi everyone!

Appreciate any help!
Update: Resoldered the flex cable, turned the pi back on. Tried running UMS-Loader as a payload and it ran. Not sure what to make of this. Since it only uses RAM and it works, the problem must be in the APU?

EDIT: It appears I was wrong. Since it runs from iRAM it means the APU is fine, not the RAM.

Would appreciate any help, really lost on this one.

Last edited by roxzii,

agus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
need help.. emmc init.. what should i do now? rp2040zero with 2 resitor it same .

Attachments

• IMG_20230708_145338.jpg
    IMG_20230708_145338.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 37

Ring0man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I installed my Picofly onto a new Switch Lite I bought. It boots to the Hekate screen no problem, but no matter what I try I can't boot into the actual console, not even OFW. I'm using all 40 awg magnet wire, a FAT 32 128 GB SD card, and the 47 ohm resistors on the DAT 0, CMD, and CLK. Is there anything I can do here?

roxzii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone!

Appreciate any help!
So a few updates:

Mangled both SP1 and SP2 caps, have not been able to replace them. Saw in a post soldering the hwfly flex directly to the pads would work.

At this point I was getting anxious and took some anxiety meds (pro tip: don't)

From there the screw ups kept growing. First I (very stupidly, I know) soldered the hwfly flex tape directly to the pads WITHOUT disconnecting the battery. Just from that I'm assuming I killed the switch. But there's more.

Since I was working with the APU shield off I managed to touch the picofly's contacts to the DRAM metal housing where the shield fits over. I heard some kind of sound and immediatly realized.

Since then picofly gives RST error (which it never did before). Tried another picofly, no leds at all. Still have't installed the old one back.

I'm assuming it's something burnt from soldering with the battery on that's causing that RST problem, because at least the pico was working flawlessy before.

Anyone know if this is salvageble or completely dead?

I can post pictures of current install but figured that wouldn't help much.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by roxzii,

Ring0man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I installed my Picofly onto a new Switch Lite I bought. It boots to the Hekate screen no problem, but no matter what I try I can't boot into the actual console, not even OFW. I'm using all 40 awg magnet wire, a FAT 32 128 GB SD card, and the 47 ohm resistors on the DAT 0, CMD, and CLK. Is there anything I can do here?

So in case anyone wants to help me figure this out, I've done some troubleshooting steps but I'm still stuck. Just to be clear, when booting CFW, OFW or even Ubuntu off the SD card, it can't boot into it. The Joycon logo does not appear when trying to boot, it's just a black screen. This tells me (from my research) that it's not getting past the first boot sequence. Where should I start from here?

Hellflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So a few updates:

Mangled both SP1 and SP2 caps, have not been able to replace them. Saw in a post soldering the hwfly flex directly to the pads would work.

At this point I was getting anxious and took some anxiety meds (pro tip: don't)

From there the screw ups kept growing. First I (very stupidly, I know) soldered the hwfly flex tape directly to the pads WITHOUT disconnecting the battery. Just from that I'm assuming I killed the switch. But there's more.

Since I was working with the APU shield off I managed to touch the picofly's contacts to the DRAM metal housing where the shield fits over. I heard some kind of sound and immediatly realized.

Since then picofly gives RST error (which it never did before). Tried another picofly, no leds at all. Still have't installed the old one back.

I'm assuming it's something burnt from soldering with the battery on that's causing that RST problem, because at least the pico was working flawlessy before.

Anyone know if this is salvageble or completely dead?

I can post pictures of current install but figured that wouldn't help much.

Thanks in advance!
hrmm , the chip might hv been shorted to ground , you can stick some kapton tape behind the chip

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
So in case anyone wants to help me figure this out, I've done some troubleshooting steps but I'm still stuck. Just to be clear, when booting CFW, OFW or even Ubuntu off the SD card, it can't boot into it. The Joycon logo does not appear when trying to boot, it's just a black screen. This tells me (from my research) that it's not getting past the first boot sequence. Where should I start from here?
what is the total resistance on dat0, clk, cmd? did you use 1 or 2 resistors?
what fw version was the console before moding?

Ring0man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the total resistance on dat0, clk, cmd? did you use 1 or 2 resistors?
what fw version was the console before moding?
All were 47 ohms, 1 resistor. FW was the latest one. Nothing should be wrong EMMC wise, I did a full backup of the NAND and it didn't mention it being slower than normal or anything.

It had to be a physical fault with the system I think, I remember I started the system with the modchip installed, the first time I did it the negative wire for the chip wasn't fully connected. I must have blown something.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
All were 47 ohms, 1 resistor. FW was the latest one. Nothing should be wrong EMMC wise, I did a full backup of the NAND and it didn't mention it being slower than normal or anything.

It had to be a physical fault with the system I think, I remember I started the system with the modchip installed, the first time I did it the negative wire for the chip wasn't fully connected. I must have blown something.
I think at this point you need to remove all the wires and modchip and see what we can do to boot the Switch to ofw first.
If you have done this already, what happens when you power on the switch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Having every channel is fun lol
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    Actually, finally found someone who was looking for the same thing. https://gbatemp.net/threads/lost-hyrule-warriors-legends-v1-6-0-ntr-plugin.628141/ to no avail.
  • D @ diamondsofmayhem:
    well, sorry for bugging yall with this.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sup nerds
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sup dawg, watching old rap vids so feel like I gotta talk...Real
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    Hi there, it's any way to recover original LFCS if I don't have a NAND backup?
    Bought second hand 3DS, it seems it was "unbanned" but that was before I bought it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got these in today for $20 stink buds they aren't that bad https://a.co/d/fOMSn8g
    +1
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my asshole every time I shit, or if i have my toilet seatbelt on.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Crazy, the rich get away with this shit, and I can't shit without the poop police checking my...