Picofly AIO Thread

Ring0man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think at this point you need to remove all the wires and modchip and see what we can do to boot the Switch to ofw first.
If you have done this already, what happens when you power on the switch?
Yeah, black screen. I'm sure the CPU still works since it's able to boot Hekate and do NAND dump operations but I'm kinda lost after that.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there! I installed my Picofly onto a new Switch Lite I bought. It boots to the Hekate screen no problem, but no matter what I try I can't boot into the actual console, not even OFW. I'm using all 40 awg magnet wire, a FAT 32 128 GB SD card, and the 47 ohm resistors on the DAT 0, CMD, and CLK. Is there anything I can do here?
Screenshot your emmc info from Hekate--> console info-->eMMC

broadw3ll

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there, I've been trying to install the rp2040 without luck, I've already checked the connections with a a multimeter in continuity, no maters what I tried I just won't boot to the no sd card screen it just boots to the nintendo animation and initialize the console without problems but never reachsr to the sd card screen im gonna ad pictures of the installation so I would appreciate a lot if you can give I a look maybe you can se something that I dont, im also gonna upload the schemes that im using as a guide, I've chose to use some points directly from the Emmc than the PCB but I've also checked if they are the same line using again the continuity mode in the multimeter, just to end im using thru hole resistors for the moment until the SMD ones arrived from amazon. thanx 4 u time

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpg
    IMG_8921.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8922.jpg
    IMG_8922.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 28
  • rs=w-1160,h-773.png
    rs=w-1160,h-773.png
    691.4 KB · Views: 27
  • rs=w-1160,h-879.jpeg
    rs=w-1160,h-879.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 27

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I've been trying to install the rp2040 without luck, I've already checked the connections with a a multimeter in continuity, no maters what I tried I just won't boot to the no sd card screen it just boots to the nintendo animation and initialize the console without problems but never reachsr to the sd card screen im gonna ad pictures of the installation so I would appreciate a lot if you can give I a look maybe you can se something that I dont, im also gonna upload the schemes that im using as a guide, I've chose to use some points directly from the Emmc than the PCB but I've also checked if they are the same line using again the continuity mode in the multimeter, just to end im using thru hole resistors for the moment until the SMD ones arrived from amazon. thanx 4 u time
Assuming the photos are the exact way that you are attempting to power your switch, then you need to insulate your RP2040 board from the metal in the console with something like Kapton tape. Also, your wires seem quite thin. While they MAY work, most would recommend using something slightly thicker like .2mm

broadw3ll

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I’ve forgot to add that it seems to kind of working because when I hit reset it restarts the console trying to enter in the bug, I’m gonna buy a thicker wire and try again, also when I hit power in the console i got a blue light in the status led then goes to yellow

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
So in case anyone wants to help me figure this out, I've done some troubleshooting steps but I'm still stuck. Just to be clear, when booting CFW, OFW or even Ubuntu off the SD card, it can't boot into it. The Joycon logo does not appear when trying to boot, it's just a black screen. This tells me (from my research) that it's not getting past the first boot sequence. Where should I start from here?
I was stumble upon this kind of problem with a Lite. Did you use flex cable on APU or mosfet? Changing mosfet worked for me.

• Wow
Reactions: QuiTim

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
does pico chip drain the battery power a little bit or a lot? i found a brand new switch oled from a friend which battery drains empty after 1-2 days without playing any games.
im not sure if it was standby or even shut down.

Does the chip drains so much power `?

Or does the picofly software have a bug?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi guys,
does pico chip drain the battery power a little bit or a lot? i found a brand new switch oled from a friend which battery drains empty after 1-2 days without playing any games.
im not sure if it was standby or even shut down.

Does the chip drains so much power `?

Or does the picofly software have a bug?
I rather doubt your friends claim.

I see lot of people claiming something that ridiculous in the picofly main thread.
Like using longer wire on mosfet, or faster emmc speed then 20Mbps for the random test, which for me is a bs. I conclude people just simply lying.

roice2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no
I rather doubt your friends claim.

I see lot of people claiming something that ridiculous in the picofly main thread.
Like using longer wire on mosfet, or faster emmc speed then 20Mbps for the random test, which for me is a bs. I conclude people just simply lying.
no, i saw it myself.
full Oled switch and after one day empty power.

I dont know what causes this problem.
His thought was maybe a buggy chip. His switch was turned off i think, and i think it still drained much power.

How long can you keep a OLED switch in stanby Mode with full battery with picofly?
More than 2 weeks ?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
no

no, i saw it myself.
You saw it straight until it offs?
His thought was maybe a buggy chip. His switch was turned off i think, and i think it still drained much power.
Mod is bad, don't mod it.
How long can you keep a OLED switch in stanby Mode with full battery with picofly?
More than 2 weeks ?
Can the unmodded survive more than 2 weeks in sleep mode?

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
no

no, i saw it myself.

More than 2 weeks ?
i saw this since sxcore...maybe atmosphere or hekate related than chip related

switchuserfriendly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
Hi Guys, help pls, this is the error code *=*, is a switch lite with picofly, it booted one time but after a lost resistor (alternative cmd point indicated by Modi) and replaced it, ive that code :

in diode mode the strange reads are :

cpu : 1,2 v
rst : 1,5 v

are them normal??

HELP ME
Thanks

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi Guys, help pls, this is the error code *=*, is a switch lite with picofly, it booted one time but after a lost resistor (alternative cmd point indicated by Modi) and replaced it, ive that code :

in diode mode the strange reads are :

cpu : 1,2 v
rst : 1,5 v

are them normal??

HELP ME
Thanks
Could you post pictures of your install?

3L_S4N70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi all. First of all, thanks to the creator for this amazing development.

I have a problem, I am receiving a =* error code (thrice), so I think it is indicating a problem with D0, although I've checked continuity from D0 in the NAND board to the Pico, and it seems to be ok. Do you know what the problem could be? I know I have to share photos of my installation, I am out now, will do it ASAP. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions, I am fully open.

I haven't tried yet to add the double resistors, nor the i2c lines.

Thanks in advance

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi all. First of all, thanks to the creator for this amazing development.

I have a problem, I am receiving a =* error code (thrice), so I think it is indicating a problem with D0, although I've checked continuity from D0 in the NAND board to the Pico, and it seems to be ok. Do you know what the problem could be? I know I have to share photos of my installation, I am out now, will do it ASAP. Meanwhile, if you have any suggestions, I am fully open.

I haven't tried yet to add the double resistors, nor the i2c lines.

Thanks in advance
FYI, pico check the D0 voltage, its should be around 1.6V 1.8V +- 0.2V. Outside of this voltage, it will throws that error.

My cheap guest, you use wrong point of D0, or something bridging.

Last edited by abal1000x,

3L_S4N70

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
FYI, pico check the D0 voltage, its should be around 1.6V +- 0.2V. Outside of this voltage, it will throws that error.

My cheap guest, you use wrong point of D0, or something bridging.
Thanks for the comment, I will check if there is a bridge, I am sure the point is correct (I have checked it -and all the other points- both visually and with the multimeter when possible three times). Nonetheless, I will recheck all the points again with a different diagram just in case I've used the wrong source.

I'll keep you informed, nonetheless I appreciate any other comments in the meantime :)

Thanks!

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Thanks for the comment, I will check if there is a bridge, I am sure the point is correct (I have checked it -and all the other points- both visually and with the multimeter when possible three times). Nonetheless, I will recheck all the points again with a different diagram just in case I've used the wrong source.

I'll keep you informed, nonetheless I appreciate any other comments in the meantime :)

Thanks!
Sorry my memory is blurring. Its 1.8V +- 0.2v

a.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NicoXChan @ NicoXChan:
    Hello there :)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Holla
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Dinoh scene is on the scene!
    So don't be mean and keep it clean!
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    murdering teal and purple in HOMM3
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah Dinoh psi wants you to destroy his booty
    +1
    Ken stop projecting lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Start rubbing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder how many people end up falling in love from customer service
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Don't f#ck in front of everyone, geez
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Uremum has the best customer service
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ow 100hp hit out a billion
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's ironic, last time I went to uremum, I had to take a number, and it was 100
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes just shows how important you are to her unlike urewife where I can even get ahold her by pager
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Freaking 97 degrees here now, even my dog went out and turned right back around, like nope!
    +1
    Yeah it's a bit warm outside
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Florida already misses the hurricanes
    One is supposedly forming in the gulf lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Florida citizens meth is a ac unit in the mouth
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Psi, Did you get any Flooding near you, or is it all south?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we need back yard pools it's Florida
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do we need back yard pools it's Florida