Request: A mod/hack/code for Bully: S.E. to allow use of Gamecube Controller

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dyxlesci, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Dyxlesci
    OP

Dyxlesci Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    I am currently building a wii portable that uses an integrated gamecube controller as my primary method of control. Bully is one of my favorite games, and I would love to play bully on it.

Can someone who is more software savvy than me perform a hack for the game that will allow controls that are similar to the other consoles controls? Im have done quite a bit of work with hardware, but not much with software. I would certainly be able to make your effort worthwhile.

Currently my only option would be to use bluetooth to connect the wii remote via bluetooth and play it without the integrated controls. That seems to defeat the purpose, so I am attempting to find another way to do so.

Yes, I am aware it is on xbox 360 as Scholarship Edition
    Yes, I am aware it is on PC as Scholarship Edition
    Yes, I am aware it was originally for PS2
    Yes, I am aware it was ported to PS3 in its original form
    Yes, I am aware I could play it on these systems
    Yes, I am aware all of these versions do not use motion controls.
    I am building a wii portable, and would like to have this game playable on-the-go without having to build a dedicated portable for it.

Thanks GBA Temp. Keep up the progress. I never would have begun this project if it weren't for your software work.

<3,
    Dyx

pelago and Margen67 like this.
  2. Geeh

Geeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    Italy
    Assembly / C++ programmer
    I'll be looking into it, sadly you'll have to use codes for this one, which could make the booting process a bit..Not-so-vanilla, for a portable Wii, if you know what I mean.

3. Dyxlesci
    OP

Dyxlesci Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Thanks. Certainly. I have no problem with using lots of software modding. Im familiar with using gecko and other cheat codes, so that isn't much of an issue for me. Im not savy at all when it comes to creating the actual mods, however.

The hardware will be the same, just rearranged, so everything will operate the same as a regular wii.

4. Geeh

Geeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    Italy
    Sadly I have no working Gamecube GC, but I managed to find addresses regarding the mapping for the other controls, and made the assembly code to remap. If any other coder's interested, I'll send them the reference.

5. Dyxlesci
    OP

Dyxlesci Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2013
    United States
    Wow that's incredible. Could the same be done for other games as well? How difficult would it be?

6. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i didnt knew this game was available for the wii

what is the quality compared to pc\other plataforms? is it a good port? or glitched as the book of mormons?

7. Geeh

Geeh Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2015
    Italy
    The same can be done for other games really, I'm pretty sure they handle controls the same way. Infact I've done it for some other game. :)