Picofly AIO Thread

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It should work. Maybe there is a problem with one of the solder points. Do you have pictures? What type of switch is it?
I would start from begining, pico with firmware 2.74, single mosfet, and SDA/SCL lines soldered as well. Then we see where that takes us...
before i solder everything else back, take pics and edit them just wanna make it clear that i don't have a soldering point on the CPU that's necessary for glitching. the point im talking about is in the pic attached. i removed this cap, cause if you don't do that it just shorts with a single mosfet. how confident are you it's gonna work with a cap soldered to the one point only? i'm willing to do a double mosfet install now if it's gonna work. also i appreciate you taking your time to help me out

pad.png

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
before i solder everything else back, take pics and edit them just wanna make it clear that i don't have a soldering point on the CPU that's necessary for glitching. the point im talking about is in the pic attached. i removed this cap, cause if you don't do that it just shorts with a single mosfet. how confident are you it's gonna work with a cap soldered to the one point only? i'm willing to do a double mosfet install now if it's gonna work. also i appreciate you taking your time to help me out

View attachment 378353
I'm quite confident that single mosfet is all you need, i've done 13 installs all with single mosfet. There might be some cases were 2 are needed but I haven't encounterd any.
What type/model of mosfet are you using?
Also, your soldering look OK and wires as well, so it will work, eventually :)
And don't worry about the cap, it goes to the same circuit with the other one so as long as you have 1 you are ok.

Reactions: blazeaster

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm quite confident that single mosfet is all you need, i've done 13 installs all with single mosfet. There might be some cases were 2 are needed but I haven't encounterd any.
And don't worry about the cap, it goes to the same circuit with the other one so as long as you have 1 you are ok.
I'm using irfhs8342. I ordered a batch from aliexpress and it took quite some time. It's a V2 switch which is probably obvious to someone who did 13 installs lol. the last pic i provided is from the internet just for the reference. mine wasn't any worse, but deslodering and resoldering messed that one pad up. so if i solder that cap back, there's a huge chance that it's gonna work just hanging on one soldering point? resoldering everything back tomorrow and reporting back with pics

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive tried a single install a couple times now , I tried 1 mosfet with one wire to two caps and 2 wires to two caps and never had a success.
Why did I never have success ?
Well I did have one success with a unpatched v1.
But patched v1 and v2,lite,Oled never work with one mosfet I always use 0.2mm wire for caps and 0.1 for CPU pin.
Always get cyan on old firmware and ==* on new firmware

That's why I always tell people just to use 2 and be done with it.

Now since u say u have done 13 installs with one mosfet what models where they ?
What wire are u using

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I'm using irfhs8342. I ordered a batch from aliexpress and it took quite some time. It's a V2 switch which is probably obvious to someone who did 13 installs lol. the last pic i provided is from the internet just for the reference. mine wasn't any worse, but deslodering and resoldering messed that one pad up. so if i solder that cap back, there's a huge chance that it's gonna work just hanging on one soldering point? resoldering everything back tomorrow and reporting back with pics
V2 (redbox) and Oled have same layout of caps on APU so no, it is not obvoius which model it is.

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ive tried a single install a couple times now , I tried 1 mosfet with one wire to two caps and 2 wires to two caps and never had a success.
But patched v1 and v2,lite,Oled never work with one mosfet I always use 0.2mm wire for caps and 0.1 for CPU pin.

Now since u say u have done 13 installs with one mosfet what models where they ?
What wire are u using
do you believe there's a chance that my install will work if i put a cap back on, again i have to point out that one padding is missing?

V2 (redbox) and Oled have same layout of caps on APU so no, it is not obvoius which model it is.
taking into equation that i have a cpu solder point issues specifically though it doesn't matter tho

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

What wire are u using
Hey Dee, so it's 2xLite, 2xV1 (unpatched), 6xV2, 3xOled, all with single mosfet single wire to both caps, 5 of them I think with 8342 and other a combination of AON7506, irf8714, irf8736).
The wire was can't know for sure since I pulled it off some old hardware but it should be 0.2-0.25. The last 2 ones were 0.2 for sure since I finally got it from Ali.
For 3.3 and gnd I always used 34-32awg and data lines 36-38awg (depending on what I had on hand).
So, seems pretty standard in my opinion, not really something that stands out from others...
Post automatically merged:

do you believe there's a chance that my install will work if i put a cap back on, again i have to point out that one padding is missing?

taking into equation that i have a cpu solder point issues specifically though it doesn't matter tho
Well kinda it does tho, you said that the mod never worked for you, even using different boards.
You also got CMD error at some point, which is totaly different scenario depending if it is V2 or oled.
The cpu solder point issue is a done deal, nothing you can do about a broken solder pad there. You need to focus on making the mod work with what you have left.

Last edited by QuiTim,

blazeaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey Dee, so it's 2xLite, 2xV1 (unpatched), 6xV2, 3xOled, all with single mosfet single wire to both caps, 5 of them I think with 8342 and other a combination of AON7506, irf8714, irf8736).
The wire was can't know for sure since I pulled it off some old hardware but it should be 0.2-0.25. The last 2 ones were 0.2 for sure since I finally got it from Ali.
For 3.3 and gnd I always used 34-32awg and data lines 36-38awg (depending on what I had on hand).
So, seems pretty standard in my opinion, not really something that stands out from others...
Post automatically merged:

Well kinda it does tho, you said that the mod never worked for you, even using different boards.
You also got CMD error at some point, which is totaly different scenario depending if it is V2 or oled.
The cpu solder point issue is a done deal, nothing you can do about a broken solder pad there. You need to focus on making the mod work with what you have left.
i dont think i can make it work though without replacing the CPU/APU which would be impossible without an IC soldering station, cause that one pad is wasted. idk if i should try scratching the dye on the CPU but i know that can mess it up totally from the PS3 era lol

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i dont think i can make it work though without replacing the CPU/APU which would be impossible without an IC soldering station, cause that one pad is wasted. idk if i should try scratching the dye on the CPU but i know that can mess it up totally from the PS3 era lol
Don't scratch there, it's ground all around. I still think you can make it work with what you have but it's up to you to give it a shot. Maybe you might need to use a bigger mosfet or thicker wire, but believe me having only one cap makes almost no difference in this mod whatsoever.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Mh okay well I did try he never got it to running , I guess I'll just stay with 2 it doesn't really bother me anyway so not a big deal.

Was just curios why some people get it running with one but I can't.

I could try with SDA/scl but I'd rather not run another 2 wires if I don't have to so I will just stay with 2 mosfets B-)

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Mh okay well I did try he never got it to running , I guess I'll just stay with 2 it doesn't really bother me anyway so not a big deal.

I could try with SDA/scl but I'd rather not run another 2 wires if I don't have to so I will just stay with 2 mosfets B-)
Until today:
5 device with 1 mosfet 1 cap.
2 device using hwfly flex (2 mosfet 2 cap).

Reactions: QuiTim

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’ve never gotten a single mosfet to work either 🤷🏼‍♀️

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

All mine have been successful with single mosfets but to 2 caps. Except one lite (BSOD) due to the bad 2.72 fw I think.
1x lite
2x v1 patched
1x v2

Never used sda/scl.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Me.
around 25, mostly lite and a few v2.
Single mosfet single caps, all with green pi pico board trimmed down so no led indikator, all lite is installed on the emmc shield except 1, for v2 no shield is cut yet, no scl sda yet, also no corpse unit yet.
Firmware ranging from 2.64 to 2.74

Last edited by cgtchy0412,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/V2iXvd38S5g?si=O-rGrEqaEk13iqHQ