Picofly AIO Thread

dewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah i see.
Even total 200 as of today is fascinating.

hahaha no guys i'm not a machine :) 200 in total since i start modding :) (i lost the count actually, 200 is a general number to say a lot)
on picofly i'm more sure of the number (more or less are 40) and just to be clear... only 2 went in purple screen (so is little number) but happen... i don't have an explaination... i want to find the reason... what can i say so far is that is not connected to the hardware ;)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still doing mine. I have a terrible time with the double MOSFET. Literally chasing them around the blue mat. lol. But I believe I got it now. just waiting for the uv mask to cure.
set them next to the apu and put uv mask on the side then they wont run away Xd

Last edited by Dee87,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
and you lost money my friend...
because if you've read what i wrote i've also the same issue with the new HwFly Rp2040 (so there can't be issue with soldering)

but to give to you final proof :
- rp2040 Purple screen
- i mount HWFLY (problem fixed)
- i install another FRESH RP2040 (with new set of resitor) : Purple screen
- i re-mounth HWFLY (problem fixed)

so if we want to "hide" the problem... for me it's ok... but it's unfair to say that picofly firmware don't have problem...
just i want to make anyone aware that "can happen" this problem

i've install at today something like 200 mods chip... (on 40 picofly install) only with 2 picofly i've this problem... but happen... and there is no "apparently" reason so far... i'm more than happy to provide any further information
The board you use is rp2040-zero from waveshare?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• C41D7C79-3532-4AD4-AC7C-2D71EE8E15A1.jpeg
    C41D7C79-3532-4AD4-AC7C-2D71EE8E15A1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 27

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for what the Long wires?
shorten them set the mosfets next to the apu
like the pics in the aio thread
The long wires because i couldn't get them to stay next to one another. I did this before you mentioned about the solder mask by the apu. will give it a try

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The long wires because i couldn't get them to stay next to one another. I did this before you mentioned about the solder mask by the apu. will give it a try
position the mosfets like they are in the picture the top one first , add uvmask to the top and right cure it , then set the bottum one add mask to the bottum and right side and cure it, then solder to it
Post automatically merged:

makes sense but how are you getting them to stay next to one another and not running all around? Where are you putting the solder mask? On the bottom?
^^

Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
position the mosfets like they are in the picture the top one first , add uvmask to the top and right cure it , then set the bottum one add mask to the bottum and right side and cure it, then solder to it

^^
beautiful. brb.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
makes sense but how are you getting them to stay next to one another and not running all around? Where are you putting the solder mask? On the bottom?
Use a toothpick and place a small dot of mask on the switch motherboard next to the APU and then set your MOSFET down on it and cure it. Repeat the process for the second one right next to it.

Reactions: Dee87 and BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda like that , the cpu wire isnt normally tinned that much its just tinned where i needs to be this is just because of the testing i did earlier

View attachment 378127

Here we go.

Well I’ll be damned….

You guys are amazing. Thank you for being so so patient with me.

Attachments

• BD7FA361-D5DA-4F24-8ED2-F4E575835294.jpeg
    BD7FA361-D5DA-4F24-8ED2-F4E575835294.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • 12950B0D-9922-4DB3-8CE6-8EBAC2CEA76C.jpeg
    12950B0D-9922-4DB3-8CE6-8EBAC2CEA76C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here we go.

Well I’ll be damned….
well look at that ....... so now u know the wires where to long :-) i would set the mosfets a bit further down then the wires can be even shorter set it so where the ground pad of the mosfets are , are at the same hight as the apu ground pad :-)
see my pic for reference

• Love
Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well look at that ....... so now u know the wires where to long :-) i would set the mosfets a bit further down then the wires can be even shorter set it so where the ground pad of the mosfets are , are at the same hight as the apu ground pad :-)
see my pic for reference

Will do. Have an OLED to do as well. Glad I was able to get all this knowledge from a V1 and didn’t have to do all the trial and error on an OLED lol

see my pic for reference

So now my question is is why won’t the single mosfet work? When I’m theory it should only take one right?

Last edited by BlueBeans,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3