Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well its hard to say if it was the hwfly/rp2040 or ur install , like i said i heard from a few people who have installed a hwfly/rp2040 and it did something to the ram (thats how far i found my issue).

now if it was the installer or the firmware thats on the chip who Knows , a way to find that out is to take that excakt same chip and give it to a installer if he wants to test the chip and see if it fries his.

then u know if it was u or the chip Firmware
Hello, I have this problem on a V1 switch too, "black screen" with the SD card and "NO SD" without the SD.
UMS works, Hekate / Tegra explorer / Lockpick does not work (black screen)
I installed the chip on another switch, the switch works, nothing is broken.
The rp2040 chip is not the problem, To date I have no solution.

I have already tested on another V1 to start the chip without the max under Soc,
Hekaté works without the max because Hekaté runs on a "BOOT microprocessor" included in the Soc, the real CPU are not started at this time.

In the nvidia Soc there is:
-The "Boot processor"
-CPUs
-GPUs
When starting the Soc only the "Boot processor" is used, the CPU / GPU are not used and not supplied with voltage.
The max on a V2/lite/oled is used for the CPU/GPU voltage and on a V1 the max to the left of Soc is used for the GPU and the max under the Soc is used for the CPU.

Reactions: Marax

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well its hard to say if it was the hwfly/rp2040 or ur install , like i said i heard from a few people who have installed a hwfly/rp2040 and it did something to the ram (thats how far i found my issue).

now if it was the installer or the firmware thats on the chip who Knows , a way to find that out is to take that excakt same chip and give it to a installer if he wants to test the chip and see if it fries his.

then u know if it was u or the chip Firmware

I will buy a new board for the switch. Should I also buy a new Chip? I’m afraid of soldering the one in that I have…

IMG_4286.jpeg

IMG_4287.jpeg

This was my install btw. on the now defective unit

Last edited by Marax,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I have this problem on a V1 switch too, "black screen" with the SD card and "NO SD" without the SD.

I have already tested on another V1 to start the chip without the max under Soc,
Hekaté works without the max because Hekaté runs on a "BOOT microprocessor" included in the Soc, the real CPU are not started at this time.

-The "Boot processor"
-CPUs
-GPUs
When starting the Soc only the "Boot processor" is used, the CPU / GPU are not used and not supplied with voltage.
The max on a V2/lite/oled is used for the CPU/GPU voltage and on a V1 the max to the left of Soc is used for the GPU and the max under the Soc is used for the CPU.
If ums works u most likely have a issue with the ram since ums loader runs on iram
Post automatically merged:

I will buy a new board for the switch. Should I also buy a new Chip? I’m afraid of soldering the one in that I have…

View attachment 397420

View attachment 397422

This was my install btw. on the now defective unit
Thats up to u what u do new or old chip, If it was me I would install a tiny/zero

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If ums works u most likely have a issue with the ram since ums loader runs on iram

Thats up to u what u do new or old chip, If it was me I would install a tiny/zero

Okay thank you I will look up into it. Maybe I’m buying a HWFLY because I’m a bit scared of Picofly now

Noobization

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello dears,
i just modded the switch oled, first thing is i created backups of the eMMC GPP and BOOT0 & BOOT1 from Hekate, then i partioned the SD and made an emuMMc.
i did not try launching CFW from EMUMMC or SYSMMC or even run the OFW
then i used lockpick and dumped SysNand and amiibo keys, and mariko partials, then rebooted.
i got Pkg1 decryption failed! Is BEK missing while launching, then i powered off and powered on
then i tried launching the CFW from emuMMC and it launches fine and i can get to home screen
but entering CFW from SysMMC results in an error page 2002-3539
and restarting Normally into OFW will Stuck on just the LOGO with Joycons.

i am not sure as why this is happening, i read that systemwipe will fix the issue, other places saying Dat0 issue, sthetix mentioned that use better wires as he got the same error because of bad wire from dat0 (although my EMMC info page looks fine)

UPDATE: Okay, i just had some luck, so i found a twitter post of sthetix saying that using FPCB causes interferences from D point, and is better to use fly wires instead, i soldered a fly cable above the D point to the picofly board, and low and behold i can enter CFW sysnand from hekate just fine, but still OFW is not working, i am still stuck on The logo with joycons.

TL,DR: I cant enter OFW, stuck at logo with joycons. sysnand works fine after resoldering a fly wire to D point, emunand is fine from beginning.

Any advise on why this is happening and what to do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Okay thank you I will look up into it. Maybe I’m buying a HWFLY because I’m a bit scared of Picofly now
From your pictures it doesn't look like you installed a picofly at all, but rather the hwfly with a rp2040 chip. Those are really troublesome. A standard picofly will work just fine, with the correctly added mosfet(s), or you can reuse the ribbon you already installed for the CPU point.
Here are some links to the know-good and working picofly versions:
https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-zero.htm
https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-tiny.htm (for this you still need the add-on board to program it, only one is enough, since it can be reused. also this already has the 47ohm resistors, so you can add additional 47 ohm ones if needed, but try to use it as is at first)

This might work, but it wasn't tested: https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-one.htm

Cheers!

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
u shouldnt be scared of the picofly if u use the supported board (Zero or Tiny).
U need to be carefull with those clone boards since u have no clue what firmware is really on them.( im not saying all are bad).

just get a tiny flash the proper firmware and be happy u already have the flex cables all u need is a 4 dollar tiny or zero just make sure u get the original ones

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
u shouldnt be scared of the picofly if u use the supported board (Zero or Tiny).
U need to be carefull with those clone boards since u have no clue what firmware is really on them.( im not saying all are bad).

just get a tiny flash the proper firmware and be happy u already have the flex cables all u need is a 4 dollar tiny or zero just make sure u get the original ones

Okay I will get one. I flashed the latest Picofly firmware by myself and flashing progress worked great so most likely the chip isn’t bad at all

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Hi !!!

I make a pico on my Oled and i have this error "** RST is not connected"

the point is connected but when i plug the bateri, my console starts automatically :(

I dont know why... I unsoldered all the wires but I still get the same error
:(

I change the 3.3v and it work !!!

Last edited by chronoss,

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
From your pictures it doesn't look like you installed a picofly at all, but rather the hwfly with a rp2040 chip. Those are really troublesome. A standard picofly will work just fine, with the correctly added mosfet(s), or you can reuse the ribbon you already installed for the CPU point.
Here are some links to the know-good and working picofly versions:
https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-zero.htm
https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-tiny.htm (for this you still need the add-on board to program it, only one is enough, since it can be reused. also this already has the 47ohm resistors, so you can add additional 47 ohm ones if needed, but try to use it as is at first)

This might work, but it wasn't tested: https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-one.htm

Cheers!
"This might work, but it wasn't tested: https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-one.htm"

it works perfectly, but is a little thick and has a large layout. I tested an original waveshare rp2040-one that I received from the seller as a gift. It is better to buy the common or tiny model.

Reactions: hippy dave

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I have the Rp2040 waveshare chip in original and in aliexpress clone, I also have the rp2040 Hwfly clone chip - the three chips make the same error, and the 3 chips work perfectly on other switches. (I have a lot of switches and chips)
On the clone rp2040 Hwfly chip it's me installed the firmware.
I have ram I will change them to test.

Reactions: Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the Rp2040 waveshare chip in original and in aliexpress clone, I also have the rp2040 Hwfly clone chip - the three chips make the same error, and the 3 chips work perfectly on other switches. (I have a lot of switches and chips)
On the clone rp2040 Hwfly chip it's me installed the firmware.
I have ram I will change them to test.
That sounds like a plan.
I also planned on doing that, orders the stencil but it never arrived so I don't really bother with it anymore.

So let's see if that solves the issue

"This might work, but it wasn't tested: https://www.waveshare.com/rp2040-one.htm"

it works perfectly, but is a little thick and has a large layout. I tested an original waveshare rp2040-one that I received from the seller as a gift. It is better to buy the common or tiny model.
They have been tested and work.
But why use those when u can just get a tiny that fits like it is.
And be done with it

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They have been tested and work.
But why use those when u can just get a tiny that fits like it is.
And be done with it
[/QUOTE]
exactly

NPC-Modder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purchased a switch with battery charging issues. Replaced parts on it and it seemed to be working fine, after installing a mod chip I now have intermittent charging issues. Basically the switch will stop charging both in OFW and CFW and wont charge in hekate until I reflash or initialize the mmc. sometimes it will refuse to boot past the nintendo switch logo until I reflash the nand.. Anyone know a potential fix for this? I'm thinking it isnt hardware related since i repalced the m92 chip with a working one and was able to get a charge. Not too sure, if anyone's ever ran into a similar issue let me know.

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

-The "Boot processor"
-CPUs
-GPUs

A few ppl and me have the same problem. If you boot into OFW you will get a bluescreen ?
(On "NO SD" Screen - Press Vol - & + together)
Did you have try to rebuild a "donor" nand and restored on your switch ? Possible only if you got befor your biskeys.

We are concerned that the content of the NAND is corrupt. No Hardware/RAM issue.

Last edited by rogras,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Teaser of my next project, I call it Project McFlex eliminating the need of jump wires.
Why not connect the flex cable to the capacitors on the back of the motherboard?
Those caps are so big that even with my dollar-shop soldering iron I could safely connect a flex cable to them.

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A few ppl and me have the same problem. If you boot into OFW you will get a bluescreen ?
(On "NO SD" Screen - Press Vol - & + together)
Did you have try to rebuild a "donor" nand and restored on your switch ? Possible only if you got befor your biskeys.

We are concerned that the content of the NAND is corrupt. No Hardware/RAM issue.

So I think mine is gone if I have no backups of anything. Could it also be the Picofly firmware that f upd the mainboard?

I got a new switch lite should I use the same HWFLY Lite RP2040 again? It glitched fine to the Picofly screen. I’m a bit scared of using it again… but I don’t want to buy a new one because it takes so long to arrive. Also is the new Picofly firmware good 2.75? Or should I use the 2.73?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js