bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Hey,
I'm going on a long trip next weekend and my MP3 player is broken so I was wondering about moonshell and it's music playing capabilities. I imagine there is some battery life extension purely from closing the lid and not having to power the screens, but does anyone actually know how long the battery (in a Phat) lasts if using moonshell as a pure audio player?

Thanks.

DSMASTER17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would strongly reccomend Moonshell as an mp3 player, the best one out there for the DS.

There is some power-saving things that were programmed into it, just close the lid and it goes into sleep mode (music obviously resumes playing).

I'm surprised you don't have it already!
It's pretty much a must-have.

bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sorry, I worded it a bit wrong. I already do use moonshell as an MP3 player, but only on short walks and the occasional train journey. This weekend though, I've got over 6 hours of travelling to do in one go and I hate being without music on public transport, but will a DS Phat battery last me 6 hours?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Take a book with you just in case
smile.gif

bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
LOLz. I am taking a book, but a book doesn't prevent me from hearing the general public (eugh!). I'm hoping I can fix my MP3 player so this is all redundant, but failing that, I just hope the battery lasts me long enough so that I don't have to go on a killing spree.

DSMASTER17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhmm... with a DS Phat.

Not sure. Turn the backlight off too to save even more battery power
smile.gif

I kno the Lite probably would, but not the Phat.

I'd say 6 hours is... ALMOST as far ias the battery will make it.
It's in sleep mode, you never know
wink.gif

Maybe it will, unless you're like me and constantly keep switching through songs.

bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Thanks guys. Still, if anyone has a definitive answer, please post. I might do some tests this week, cuz I think I get about (sometimes a little more) 4 hours of gameplay on a full charge on my DS Phat with an R4, but I have no idea what percentage of that power consumption is screen, file access, sound output, etc.

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You will not get 6 hours out of a DS Phat with moonshell. It also depends when you bought your DS phat because the battery loses its charge over time. My DS phat has a lasting power of about 2 hours and I bought my ds since 2005.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
With the backlight/screens off, the battery time should increase a lot.

Lisa_ said:
Use lmp-ng (An iPod mp3 player which still plays and has powersaving if you need to change songs etc..)
I've heard Lick's Media Player has low sound quality, I think SpikeyNDS was the one who said this, but it might have been someone else.

QUOTE(xblackoutx @ Apr 5 2008, 11:28 PM) I don't think you would even get 6 hours out of a lite.
You can get twice as much as that, supposedly.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my DS phat in sleep mode over night with a battery that wasn't fully charged several times. It lasts quite a while (more than most people would think).

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
falcon64z8 said:
You will not get 6 hours out of a DS Phat with moonshell. It also depends when you bought your DS phat because the battery loses its charge over time. My DS phat has a lasting power of about 2 hours and I bought my ds since 2005.

My one still runs for around 4 hours. It depends on how often you drain the battery, not necessarily how long you played with it or had it. Some games/apps drain battery faster than others. Even if you don't play it, the charge goes naturally but at a much slower pace.

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It also depends on your flashcart as well doesn't it. I think Slot 2 flashcarts don't last as long as slot 1 flashcarts.

Tanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went on a trip with my DS phat. I had my M3 cart with me of course. I did nothing but use moonshell MP3 the whole trip. That was aout 4 hours. I got to my destination, where I used it every now and again, but I never charged it. I took my trip back, again, 4 hours. The battery finally died as we pulled back into my driveway.

bunnybreaker

OP
Trophies
Website
devlkore.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Tanks said:
I just went on a trip with my DS phat. I had my M3 cart with me of course. I did nothing but use moonshell MP3 the whole trip. That was aout 4 hours. I got to my destination, where I used it every now and again, but I never charged it. I took my trip back, again, 4 hours. The battery finally died as we pulled back into my driveway.

Woah! Much more than I expected.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1