Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Dk2022

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I regularly use 91/47/47 or 91/51/51 when the 47ohm resistors run out. I never have slow memory problems or other issue. I didn't buy 100ohm resistors because I already had a large amount of 91ohm resistors.

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, it's really simple - I had only 47 and 210 ohm resistors. The 47 ones worked, and the 210 ones didn't.
If 100 ones work better for you, use them

So there's no specific resistance target in the FW? Just 'some resistance til it works' as a general rule, no FW involved?

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regularly use 91/47/47 or 91/51/51 when the 47ohm resistors run out. I never have slow memory problems or other issue. I didn't buy 100ohm resistors because I already had a large amount of 91ohm resistors.
I got the 'slow emmc" message that was fixed by adding a 100ohm resistor only twice in my 100+ installations. That's why I don't choose to do it regularly.

Reactions: Dk2022

unchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I installed pico rp2040 on my oled. Every connection looks ok but it doesnt work. Im getting 2 short blinks (rst not connected error) and it boots to normal os.
Rst point has 1,5 value in diode mode test if its connected to pico. Without conection is 2.7. Also pico starts right after connecting the battery without pressing the power button. Is it suppose to be like that?
Where could be the problem?

Last edited by unchil,

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good morning guys. I need an instant curing light/laser.
Some lamps that take a few seconds to harden the UV resin. Which one do you recommend?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Good morning guys. I need an instant curing light/laser.
Some lamps that take a few seconds to harden the UV resin. Which one do you recommend?
I've got this one and I think it's really good:
Professional 10W UV Glue Curing Lamp USB Ultraviolet LED Purple Light Plug & Play Used for Phone Circuit Board Repairing
https://a.aliexpress.com/_Ev7PbHV

Reactions: cicci084

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Reactions: cicci084

Phantomas77

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, probably it's just me, but in 3 different consoles that I tried, I never got them to work with a single MOSFET (IRFHS8342 from Digikey, 0.31mm wires on S&D, 100/100/47 and 47/47/47 config, RP2040-zero FW2.73):

- OLED soldered to CPU cap --> ==* (CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)
- OLED soldered in the back (deeps and Abal points) --> ==*
- Erista unpatched soldered in the back (Abal's points) --> glitched few times and than ==*

Some thoughts that came into my mind:
  • should I add another MOSFET so the current will be higher?
  • since the back points are more distant to the SoC than the "original" caps, is the distance enough to affect the glitch?
  • should I stick to double MOSFET on SoC caps as usual? Probably I will.
  • what am I missing here?
Would like to hear your thoughts on this :)

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search in this thread, @lightninjay told some recomendation. And i had confirmed its works in seconds (between 15-50s) under transparent uv resin.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10193981

tough-crowd-comedian.gif

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few pages back there was some conversation about those bootleg RP2040 Tiny's and the LED not working properly. I ended up with a few and yes I can confirm the led codes do not appear when the chip is installed. Luckily the install was a success, but if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to tell what the issue is. Has anyone found a workaround to get these LEDs working properly? Thanks.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
A few pages back there was some conversation about those bootleg RP2040 Tiny's and the LED not working properly. I ended up with a few and yes I can confirm the led codes do not appear when the chip is installed. Luckily the install was a success, but if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to tell what the issue is. Has anyone found a workaround to get these LEDs working properly? Thanks.
Do you have WS logo on your back of rp2040 tiny PCB?

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't found a solution. Have tried swapping the led and the chip next to the voltage regulator from a zero with no difference.

What I've been doing is initially flashing to v2.67 to get the led back. Then once confirmed the install is good, update via pico toolbox to v2.75.

unchil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
My pico in oled shows =*== error - emmc test faliure, read failed. Console boots to normal os.
My diode mode values looks like below
0.614 dat0
0.68 cmd
0.73 clk
1.5 rst
0,62 cpu
Every connnection and every resistor looks ok. Emmc adapter looks like on the photo. Where can I look for the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_20230920_141415.jpg
    IMG_20230920_141415.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

bvang913

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have WS logo on your back of rp2040 tiny PCB?
Nope doesn't have it. I bought real ones from the same store, but when I reordered more these were those ones with the big connector.

I haven't found a solution. Have tried swapping the led and the chip next to the voltage regulator from a zero with no difference.

What I've been doing is initially flashing to v2.67 to get the led back. Then once confirmed the install is good, update via pico toolbox to v2.75.
That sounds good. I'll give that a try for my next install. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: