Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Hi guys, solution for this?

Hi guys, today I received a switch victim of an incorrect picofly DIY installation.
I immediately identified the problem (it was very evident) as the CPU cable was shorted to ground.
The console did not turn on.
I just partially got it working again.
The current conditions are as follows:
1) The console can start hekate but it doesn't start in OFW, Nintendo appears and then black screen. To start hekate again, I have to disconnect the battery.
2) I get slow emmc error, but I think it's an EMMC hardware error, as I can backup boot0,1 and also all emmc. However, I cannot save the keys, I receive an error (photo attached).
3) I created emummc and it starts up, but it doesn't wake up from rest mode.
My question is is there any way to reset mmc? (I have a donor switch, in case I could use the mmc.)
Can I wake from sleep in emummc?
I attach all the photos.
Thanks for your support.

EDIT:
after trying to restore the nand with sthetix videos, now everything works in EMUnand, even waking up.

In OFW it does not start, black after the writing nintendo.

How is it possible that in emunand it works?
I created emuNand from the switch when the switch itself wouldn't boot in OFW, so it's probably not corrupted?
Could it be some resistor on the cmd lines/other?
Yes try to add resistor to the cmd line.
Post automatically merged:

How about cutting on the red line? So he won't need to find the new position, and if the connection has no problem, maybe the big fat right side stuck between dat0 and NC pin will make the contact more stable. View attachment 378867
Yeah that is my original proposition.
But he already cut it into O shaped.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there an alternative pad for 3.3v on oled board? Just don't like to solder on components.
1687198704181.png

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Danook28

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Switxh I was able to fix the 'slow gitch' on my Lite.

Storytime. Completed a Lite (now I know it's a Samsung) for a client that had 0.1mm wire, PZero-2.67FW and a flex cable installed. Glitch times seemed fine, from what I stoner-remember, but I do also remember thinking they weren't great\consistent. They still haven't picked up the Lite and I completed it weeks ago, so I stole it's PZero for another client while I waited for my second batch of more chips.

The new chip I eventually installed had 2.74FW and glitch times seemed like crap. I decided to ditch the garbage flex and replaced it with a single-FET-single-cap-install using my new 32AWG wire. Same slow glitching though. SOMETIMES it would fast glitch twice in a row and I would think 'got it!', but then 30-60 sec (idk exactly, didn't time) glitch again.

Downgraded to 2.7FW, same issue. 2.67FW, same issue. Fk it, all new wires, same issue. Add another FET, works! Update to 2.74FW, works instantly, CONSISTENTLY!

I don't remember everything you tried, but I hope that may help you\others.

IMG20230619143024.jpg

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I've got this install where I can run both emunand and sysnand, however, if I run complete sysnand backup, I get the "slow emmc" error. Sometimes with both sysnand and ofw I had a crash error (but forgot to write down the error code).
I guess the two things are related, right? Is this one of those cases where i need to put more resistors than the default three?

Switxh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Switxh I was able to fix the 'slow gitch' on my Lite.

Storytime. Completed a Lite (now I know it's a Samsung) for a client that had 0.1mm wire, PZero-2.67FW and a flex cable installed. Glitch times seemed fine, from what I stoner-remember, but I do also remember thinking they weren't great\consistent. They still haven't picked up the Lite and I completed it weeks ago, so I stole it's PZero for another client while I waited for my second batch of more chips.

The new chip I eventually installed had 2.74FW and glitch times seemed like crap. I decided to ditch the garbage flex and replaced it with a single-FET-single-cap-install using my new 32AWG wire. Same slow glitching though. SOMETIMES it would fast glitch twice in a row and I would think 'got it!', but then 30-60 sec (idk exactly, didn't time) glitch again.

Downgraded to 2.7FW, same issue. 2.67FW, same issue. Fk it, all new wires, same issue. Add another FET, works! Update to 2.74FW, works instantly, CONSISTENTLY!

I don't remember everything you tried, but I hope that may help you\others.

View attachment 378890
Wow yes this sounds exactly like the issue I have with an OLED! Especially when you said about how you would sometimes get a couple of fast glitches in a row and think "it's fixed" then the next glitch takes absolutely ages LOL! I fitted mosfets but not in the way you have with it on a single cap. Do you have a diagram of how to wire them the way you have done it? Thanks!

Reactions: Takezo-San

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey guys, I've got this install where I can run both emunand and sysnand, however, if I run complete sysnand backup, I get the "slow emmc" error. Sometimes with both sysnand and ofw I had a crash error (but forgot to write down the error code).
I guess the two things are related, right? Is this one of those cases where i need to put more resistors than the default three?
Yep, that's the case most likely. You have a section on this in the Definitive Guide

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230620_013704_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20230620_013704_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 24

malgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i got 2 oled, one with dat0 resistor around 600 and it boot within a sec, another one with black adapter and much higher 800 ohm i guess. This second one struggle with data0 error, after some reflow, the resistor drop a bit but still way slower than the first one
maybe yours second unit oled emmc was skhynix brand

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow yes this sounds exactly like the issue I have with an OLED! Especially when you said about how you would sometimes get a couple of fast glitches in a row and think "it's fixed" then the next glitch takes absolutely ages LOL! I fitted mosfets but not in the way you have with it on a single cap. Do you have a diagram of how to wire them the way you have done it? Thanks!
IMG20230619143024~2.jpg

meeebro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about cutting on the red line? So he won't need to find the new position, and if the connection has no problem, maybe the big fat right side stuck between dat0 and NC pin will make the contact more stable. View attachment 378867
I have the crappy OAT0 adapter, tried cutting the red area first, still get 0.720 V and the error. I cut the left as well and a little of the other corner to move it more right and I still get 0.72v and the error. At least the switch boots into stock HOS still. I guess I will wait for a new adapter, is there a link to better ones?

johndoenut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use this point shown by mouse cursor.
Tested, but this point is no joke and you need uvmask or glue to secure the wire. I ve done probably 5 lites with this point, also its now my preferred dat0 point onwards.
Opps! sorry for not clarifying. The pad that I repaired was cmd. Thanks for the dat0 point though, I'll keep it in mind.

Have you ever used this other point for cmd though in the included picture? I used the pcb scan to follow the trace backwards (or forwards, lol) . Do you think it would be suitable? I superimposed the picture of the trace so the path could be clearer.
cmd point.jpg

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
Opps! sorry for not clarifying. The pad that I repaired was cmd. Thanks for the dat0 point though, I'll keep it in mind.

Have you ever used this other point for cmd though in the included picture? I used the pcb scan to follow the trace backwards (or forwards, lol) . Do you think it would be suitable? I superimposed the picture of the trace so the path could be clearer.View attachment 378911
You need to make the ripped LEFT pad connecting back to the right pad, no point to make a long wire to the resistor and RIGHT pad not damage so resistor to the RIGHT pad is in good condition.

Reactions: abal1000x

johndoenut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make the ripped LEFT pad connecting back to the right pad, no point to make a long wire to the resistor and RIGHT pad not damage so resistor to the RIGHT pad is in good condition.
As I mentioned in my other posts earlier in the thread, I already fixed that but I didn’t get pictures of the repair. What I’m referring to is using the far alternate point so I won’t disturb the bridge I made. Or worse, rip the pad that’s left.

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

Have you ever used this other point for cmd though in the included picture? I used the pcb scan to follow the trace backwards (or forwards, lol) . Do you think it would be suitable? I superimposed the picture of the trace so the path could be clearer.View attachment 378911
Warning.... dont use that alter cmd point.. its very very easy to ripped out and result to purple screen .. not worth the headache.
Just use normal point.. its easy with enough cleareance.
Also if you install pico on top of ram module you can use this big fellow ground point (tested).
1687228067362.png

Reactions: Danook28

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
As I mentioned in my other posts earlier in the thread, I already fixed that but I didn’t get pictures of the repair. What I’m referring to is using the far alternate point so I won’t disturb the bridge I made. Or worse, rip the pad that’s left.
I see, A broken resistor is easy repair compared to a ripped pad. YMMV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...