Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The dat0 pad still bothers me, because I don't particularly know what the expected default value is for a regular dat0 connection.

My current dat0 connection value, post reconstruction is 655 on the continuity scale. The others (CMD and CLK) are above 700~780. I know that there is a connection between my reconstruction and the alternative DAT0 point, as that is where the picofly wire is soldered. But I'm not sure if the DAT0 pad is connected.
The diode mode check is only cheap detection, it could be false positive.

Unfortunately to check it correctly you need to take off the emmc. And check the continuity between the Dat0 pin and the Dat0 right Pad to make sure the connection from the emmc to the cpu is good.

Reactions: Mr Skinner

tsukimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Yes, Blue screen of death. I used a dual mosfet array as always and it's a coin toss at this point. I made sure I applied all the tips you guys have shared with me here (check for shorts before powering on, making sure just the necessary amount is tinned, etc) and still dies.

At this point I'm done with this mod but I want to know if there's any way I can get those consoles back since I've burned near 600USD in replacing damaged boards.
Anything on this guys? I'm super desperate to know if it can be done or if it's a lost cause :'(

Mr Skinner

Trophies
Website
www.nerdfy.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The diode mode check is only cheap detection, it could be false positive.

Unfortunately to check it correctly you need to take off the emmc. And check the continuity between the Dat0 pin and the Dat0 right Pad to make sure the connection from the emmc to the cpu is good.
Means Reballing right?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Man this seems all messed up. When I put black on S and red on D I get 50ohm. When I black on G and red on D I get 50ohm.
I might forgot the value for v1.
But i am sure for lite and v2 its 12ohms, since i've done this last week.

And i am sure G and D is high, maybe not in MOhms, but i remember its a high resistance.

That mosfet is like cockroach, shouldn't be easily damaged. But seeing your beautiful solder, it left with the probability that the mosfet is damaged.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might forgot the value for v1.
But i am sure for lite and v2 its 12ohms, since i've done this last week.

And i am sure G and D is high, maybe not in MOhms, but i remember its a high resistance.

That mosfet is like cockroach, shouldn't be easily damaged. But seeing your beautiful solder, it left with the probability that the mosfet is damaged.
But that would mean I damage it every time. How is that possible?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why you mean damage everytime?
every single time i mod a switch i get the same error code. ==* and then i add the SDA/SCL lines, and it works. but I was told that i shouldnt even be getting that error let alone every single time. I was wondering if Both S/GND on the mosfet need to be connected to the cpu GND or just one? I have only been connecting one. Idk if that would make a difference.
Post automatically merged:

every single time i mod a switch i get the same error code. ==* and then i add the SDA/SCL lines, and it works. but I was told that i shouldnt even be getting that error let alone every single time. I was wondering if Both S/GND on the mosfet need to be connected to the cpu GND or just one? I have only been connecting one. Idk if that would make a difference.

Well I went ahead and connected both points on the mosfet and then to the cpu and it made no difference. when installed should D and S have continuity between them? Because they don’t when it’s not connected to the board.

Last edited by BlueBeans,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The first time i do this mod, like 3-4 month ago.
I check the characteristics of the cap which will be modded.

First the resistance between its pin (the cap), is 12 Ohms. The measurement will start from 0 then slowly increase until 12 ohms.

Measure the resistance of S part of the cap to GND its zero ohm. Means the S part is connected to the GND of the system. You could measure to any GND on the board, and its zero ohms.

Then measure the resistance between two cap, the D part on both cap is zero ohm. And the S part on both cap is zero ohms. Means the capacitor is paralelly connected.

So the conclusion is just use one cap is enough. The circuit behind the cpu board will connect it to the other cap, i rely on that circuit. And we need not necessary to solder the S part of cap, or the squared pad, just soldered it to GND which the best option is the shield. So the D mosfet goes to One cap and the S goes to GND shield. And the G goes to the pico.

Editted:
The characteristics resistance of the mosfet before you soldered it. All combination is high resistance (D-S, D-G, S-G). That is what is in my memory, but i have bad memory, age strike. So pardon me, if i am wrong. But the characteristics is important for us as a cheap detection whether the mosfet is alright or damaged.

Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First the resistance between its pin (the cap), is 12 Ohms. The measurement will start from 0 then slowly increase until 12 ohms.

Measure the resistance of S part of the cap to GND its zero ohm. Means the S part is connected to the GND of the system. You could measure to any GND on the board, and its zero ohms.

Then measure the resistance between two cap, the D part on both cap is zero ohm. And the S part on both cap is zero ohms. Means the capacitor is paralelly connected.

So the conclusion is just use one cap is enough. The circuit behind the cpu board will connect it to the other cap, i rely on that circuit. And we need not necessary to solder the S part of cap, or the squared pad, just soldered it to GND which the best option is the shield. So the D mosfet goes to One cap and the S goes to GND shield. And the G goes to the pico.

Editted:
The characteristics resistance of the mosfet before you soldered it. All combination is high resistance (D-S, D-G, S-G). That is what is in my memory, but i have bad memory, age strike. So pardon me, if i am wrong. But the characteristics is important for us as a cheap detection whether the mosfet is alright or damaged.
SO then i should just try connecting to 1 cap? is that what you do?

Editted:
can you post a pic of one of your installs on a v1?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
SO then i should just try connecting to 1 cap? is that what you do?
Yes 1 cap.
Its also the original configuration, if you follow the development.
Look in the important post, there is still image in there.
erista_s.jpeg
erista_v.jpeg
erista.jpeg

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
this is how you install yours?
No.
That is the first development.
Problem is you couldn't close the shield smoothly.
Without the shield, theres will be heat issue.

Later, people cleverly put it on the right side, and everything happy.
Problem is you need to deliver the high current through the cable. So the cable to D mosfet or GND to S mosfet, must big enough so the glitch worked. And i experiment on it. 0.1mm doesn't work. 0.2mm sometimes work sometimes not. 0.3 mm works.

As long you confident that the G is connected. Then the problem lay whether the D/S cable is good enough to steal the power, or do the mosfet working properly as it should be to steal the power from the cpu power line.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
That is the first development.
Problem is you couldn't close the shield smoothly.
Without the shield, theres will be heat issue.

Later, people cleverly put it on the right side, and everything happy.
Problem is you need to deliver the high current through the cable. So the cable to D mosfet or GND to S mosfet, must big enough so the glitch worked. And i experiment on it. 0.1mm doesn't work. 0.2mm sometimes work sometimes not. 0.3 mm works.

As long you confident that the G is connected. Then the problem lay whether the D/S cable is good enough to steal the power, or do the mosfet working properly as it should be to steal the power from the cpu power line.
ok i will order 0.3mm Is that the equivalent to 30awg?

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
ok i will order 0.3mm Is that the equivalent to 30awg?
I am not suggesting that. 0.3mm might ripped your cap pad.

Use u-shaped 0.2mm is the same with 2x0.2mm = 0.4mm cable.

The 0.2 mm i bought from aliexpress seems like similar with yours.
Its seems fake. Not a pure copper. That is why i try to solve it using U-shape cable to increase the maximum current it could deliver.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so then what should i do? I am at a loss and i need to get this back to the customer.

Its seems fake. Not a pure copper. That is why i try to solve it using U-shape cable to increase the maximum current it could deliver.
should i just try the single mosfet and go from there?

so then what should i do? I am at a loss and i need to get this back to the customer.

so you would go from D to the top of one cap then to the bottom and back to S? and then G to 15?

can you post a pic of your work? i think I've seen it but i cant seem to find the picture.

Last edited by BlueBeans,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

My cheap suggestion.

Take wire from a cable you've known the quality. Usually earphone use a good quality wire, if you have broken earphone.

(I once have a jumper cable i usually use on arduino. And i am sure its pure copper. I take the insulated plastic off, inside theres lot of cable. I took one, its around 0.3mm. And i use it when desperate).

Add/replace using that wire on the D line. And add more cable to the S of the mosfet to GND.

Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cheap suggestion.

Take wire from a cable you've known the quality. Usually earphone use a good quality wire, if you have broken earphone.

(I once have a jumper cable i usually use on arduino. And i am sure its pure copper. I take the insulated plastic off, inside theres lot of cable. I took one, its around 0.3mm. And i use it when desperate).

Add/replace using that wire on the D line. And add more cable to the S of the mosfet to GND.
ill see what i can find. If you could post a pic of yours that would be awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...