Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks good but check the red square for short between S and G
To be safe, I would sugest to wire the G as in blue line
Post automatically merged:

Yes, I removed all of them on my first install 🫣
I checked it by wiring the 3.3v and ground. It is working fine blue and then yellow light. I think it is good to go. Because I'm worried about the pads being shorted out.

Edit: I removed the port using a soldering iron. Because I don't have a heat gun.

Last edited by bilalhassan341,
Reactions: Danook28 and QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That is, if I take a pointed wire and carefully stick it between 2 and 3 points (shorting them), should this work?)
Damn, I guess the same idea popped in our heads instantly when we saw this :D

Could you send a picture of that connector?
If it's Oled then its this one

Attachments

• OAHdecpqDCQKFath.jpeg.jpg
    OAHdecpqDCQKFath.jpeg.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: Makc16384

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not ATM ,
its ur display connector,v1/v2 left top side under game cartridge
It's the one I thought, I already checked it and it doesn't seem to be dirty, I turned it on while I was pressing the connector and nothing, I made a video showing the failure

Attachments

• VID_20230520_120829.mp4
    7.1 MB

NooBziN

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Correct, the guide has not been updated to the newest LED flashes for firmware 2.70 and up. That is a fairly recent release, and in that same pinned post, there is an explanation of the new LED flashes.
update as soon as possible there are many people who follow your guide
I had to make my own PDF so I don't depend on other people

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, these past 5 pages were hard to read through.

You guys get paid for all this free troubleshooting? XD

So I tried the SDA/SCL points on a switch lite with v2.72 (single mosfet, single cap) and received.... much worse glitch timings? now it's 10-50s, up from 3-30s. confusing.
I followed the traces and the points certainly match the pins on the MAX77812EWB+ chip at least, and all measurements are good.

I had an OLED-Sammy that was working w\ 2x FETs (-3sec glitch, I'm always one-cap install), updated to 2.7, removed a FET and it stopped working (==*). Soldered SDA\SCL and it was back to -3sec glitch. FETs were 2202As taken from a flex cable.

It is thin enough to fit under the shield without any bulge. The green adapter comes pre-balled on both sides so there's no reballing needed.
The installation process is:
- Detach emmc (add flux around it, then heat 160c 1 minute, 260c 1 minute, 360c 1 minute, then 400c for a few seconds until it detaches if it hasn't already)
- Clean emmc pads on the motherboard with solder wick
- Clean emmc with solder wick
- Add flux to the emmc pads on the motherboard and align green adapter on top. heat 160c 1 minute, 260c 1 minute, 360c 1 minute. Then it should be nicely attached.
- add flux on emmc pads on top of the green adapter and align emmc on top. heat 160c 1 minute, 260c 1 minute, 360c 1 minute. Then it should be nicely attached.
- solder dat0, clk, cmd wires on the nice, large solder pads of the green adapter.

The Picofly RP2040 board in hwfly-style are available from the "main" hwfly sales store on aliexpress now. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005591152539.html

I've been wondering about this adapter but have since moved onto @Dee87's stance of 'just set a fkn dat0 line yourself'. Your experience w\ this adapter was the only thing that made reading these past few pages worth it to me though XD

Reactions: deeps

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update as soon as possible there are many people who follow your guide
I had to make my own PDF so I don't depend on other people
To you and all the other people who expect instantaneous updates on a guide which was made for free, on my time that I spend after work, for an update that is still LARGELY BEING TESTED, I find it ridiculous that you're incapable of reading the exact updated info that I am going to paste into my guide, FROM THE DEV'S POST HIMSELF where you should be downloading the latest Alpha firmwares ANYWAY.

I digress, I was in the process of updating the guide, but I think I'm going to spend some time smoking a couple bowls and evaluating how much I actually enjoy helping entitled folks who can't help themselves.

Note: this post is not meant for all the appreciative people who have used my guide to LEARN how to do this process, instead of just expecting everything to be handed to them on a platter. To you, ROCK ON, and keep doing magnificent mods.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

install picofly

Still being processed by youtube.

EDIT: finally finished processing.

2nd EDIT: @LogicalMadness See?! OLED EASY!! You should be modding them in under 30 minutes apiece! /S

Seriously, solid mod and decent enough camera work to illustrate what you are doing. Skilled permanent Dat0 placement, and unmodded APU shield CLK wire install, QUITE impressive.

Last edited by lightninjay,
Reactions: impeeza

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Not ATM ,
its ur display connector,v1/v2 left top side under game cartridge
It occurred to me to connect it to the dock and make it work in original mode, and indeed it works correctly, does that mean that the problem is with the connector, or could it be something else?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-20 at 12.57.57 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-20 at 12.57.57 PM.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 28
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-20 at 12.57.46 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-20 at 12.57.46 PM.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Danook28

LogicalMadness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To you and all the other people who expect instantaneous updates on a guide which was made for free, on my time that I spend after work, for an update that is still LARGELY BEING TESTED, I find it ridiculous that you're incapable of reading the exact updated info that I am going to paste into my guide, FROM THE DEV'S POST HIMSELF where you should be downloading the latest Alpha firmwares ANYWAY.

I digress, I was in the process of updating the guide, but I think I'm going to spend some time smoking a couple bowls and evaluating how much I actually enjoy helping entitled folks who can't help themselves.

Note: this post is not meant for all the appreciative people who have used my guide to LEARN how to do this process, instead of just expecting everything to be handed to them on a platter. To you, ROCK ON, and keep doing magnificent mods.

Love emote wasn't enough for this post.

Smoking a bowl to you now brother!

Seriously, I can't read these threads like I did when the glitch dropped a few months ago. I let it deteriorate my mental too easily, just like playing LoL or driving in SoCal. I try to just keep scrolling now, someone else will eventually help them, hopefully it's themselves :\

• Haha
Reactions: QuiTim

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It occurred to me to connect it to the dock and make it work in original mode, and indeed it works correctly, does that mean that the problem is with the connector, or could it be something else?
Welp, since the display output is working through the dock, that leaves it being either the connector for the flex on board, the flex itself going to the screen, or the screen itself is damaged.

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
BRAVO HUGE UPDATE from @rehius you did it again! thank you!

led flashes now very usable. I'm in tears 😍

Latest firmware here

ChangeLog:

v2.0 + Active MMC communication
v2.1 + Toshiba support
v2.2 + Fix Toshiba boot fail
v2.3 + SanDisk support
v2.4 + Faster Toshiba boot
v2.5 + fix OFW boot
v2.6 + software update, xiao & itsy support
v2.61 + Instinct-NX sdloader, bug fixes
v2.62 + Make 16.0.1 happy (fix OFW boot)
v2.63 + roll back some 2.62 boot speed tricks
v2.64 + enable back the board detection
v2.65 + RP Pico support, double reset removed
v2.66 + Bypass to OFW after update for proper fuse burning
v2.67 + Don't bypass to OFW on first install
v2.70 + new LED indication, i2c undervoltage hack
v2.71 + support for SQc open-source board
v2.72 + disable CLK check, it's unstable

= is long pulse, * is short pulse:

= USB flashing done

** RST is not connected
*= CMD is not connected
=* D0 is not connected
== CLK is not connected

=** eMMC init failure during glitch process
=*= CPU never reach BCT check, should not happen
==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)
=== Glitch attempt limit reached, cannot glitch

=*** eMMC init failure
=**= eMMC write failure - comparison failed
=*=* eMMC write failure - write failed
=*== eMMC test failure - read failed
==** eMMC read failed during firmware update
==*= BCT copy failed - write failure
===* BCT copy failed - comparison failure
==== BCT copy failed - read failure

If your glitch is unstable (==* error), and the proper boot happens only when you press Reset after joycon logo, you can add two more wires to make glitch much better.

board pins:
Waveshare rp2040: SDA=12, SCL=13
Pi Pico: SDA = 19, SCL = 20
XIAO 2040: SDA=3, SCL=4
ItsyBitsy 2040: SDA = 18, SCL = 19

NS points (v2, Lite, OLED):
View attachment 372191
View attachment 372192
View attachment 372193

Q: What is supported?
A: Erista (v1), Mariko (v2, Lite, OLED)

Q: eMMC types support?
A: Tested on Hynix, Samsung, Toshiba, SanDisk

Q: rp2040 boards support
A: WaveShare 2040-zero/one, xiao-rp2040, adafruit itsybitsy (Pi Pico is not supported for now)

Q: GREEN, but instant reset
A: Clean flux near the RST point

Q: Do I really need 47 Ohm resistors?
A: You can skip them, however in this case you will have to use emuMMC due to the line interference, sysNAND would not boot (sysNAND data can be damaged).

Q: Does the firmware has learning? How to reset statistics
A: Short pin 0 to either 1 or GND during start for chip reset. The statistics is collected each boot. The more you start it - the better it boots.

Q: open source?
A: https://github.com/rehius

Q: why you made it?
A: to prove it possible!

Q: run Atmosphere?
A: no piracy

v2.5 firmware had a bug with BOOT0 corruption. To recover it:
- boot "Full Stock" using hekate
- update to the latest official firmware over Wi-Fi

- boot "Full Stock" using hekate
- perform a full system reset

- show firmware information
- update firmware from SD card (place update.bin into the root folder)
- rollback to the backup firmware slot
- reset learning statistics
- dump / write sdloader

if you have an rp2040-zero from waveshare/ali then it has a neopixel. It is used for diagnosing proper firmware flashes as well as console glitching. If you plug it in, and flash the uf2 firmware to it and immediately see a red light after flashing (this is not the same as flashing, then unplugging and replugging), then no rgb jumper needs to be made. If on the other hand, you get one quick green flashing light, then you need to bridge the jumper pads indicated to swap the LED colors for proper diagnoses capability.

• Haha
Reactions: lightninjay

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Welp, since the display output is working through the dock, that leaves it being either the connector for the flex on board, the flex itself going to the screen, or the screen itself is damaged.
I have several screens and they all do the same, knowing that it is not the flex or the screen, would it be the connector then? can that be changed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, gender fluidity exists +1