Minecraft dlc

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mike a, Aug 31, 2018.

1. mike a
    OP

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    OK so I have Minecraft completely updated to 1.6 and have gotten 2 dlc's for it. And it shows most skins and a few textures locked still, you're supposed to go to their store and unlock them, but I figured that's what the dlc is for. So what is the deal here

2. seren3

seren3 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    I have the same issue. This is just speculation, but I think there must be a flag that needs to be set in the save file that enables it, which marks the content as purchased.

Would anyone who has successfully installed the Minecraft DLC packs care to comment?

3. Nemos59

Nemos59 A random user

Aug 1, 2018
    France
    Somewhere
    Same issue here...

4. legoinventeor

legoinventeor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    Me too!

5. seren3

seren3 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    Okay, from what I can tell https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switc...h-edition/answers/462487-bought-the-packs-but

There is ordinarily a pop-up that occurs when you buy the packs, and if you download the pack but miss this pop-up, then the data that says that your content is purchased doesn't get written.
    (This happens for people who legitimately bought the DLC, as well).

So, for people who pirated the DLC, there would be no opportunity for this pop-up to occur.
    To solve this, we need a hex wizard to either make a code to induce the pop-up with an NTR plugin or Sharkive code, or someone needs to identify the hex values in the save file that need to be changed in the savefile/extra data in order to tell the game that the DLC has been bought, and either distribute a tutorial on how to do it yourself or a Checkpoint save that an end user can install.

If someone is willing to take one for the team and buy the game and packs legitimately, (to get the pop-up) we can dump it and try to reverse-engineer it to come up with something we can redistribute.

Last edited by seren3, Aug 31, 2018
  6. mike a
    OP

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Awesome I realized a problem we all have, and hasn't been solved yet. It's hard for me to go online with my 3ds though because of that stupid sign in thing. And I doubt you can spend eShop cards to unlock skins.

legoinventeor likes this.
  7. seren3

seren3 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2018
    United States
    There are a couple of approaches I can think of to solving the problem. The first is to try to get a save/extra data file that has all the DLC unlocked and activated, and to compare that data set with other control sets to find where the file differs, to figure out how to save-edit existing files into an unlocked state.

The other way I can think of is for someone to install RAM Explorer https://gbatemp.net/threads/plugin-ntr-ram-explorer.419162/ and to live purchase the DLC while observing what values change in RAM. If we can isolate what RAM address is written to when the pop-up is triggered, then we can modify that address ourselves to induce the pop-up.

Our community needs to put its heads together if we want to solve this.

Last edited by seren3, Nov 26, 2018
    mike a and legoinventeor like this.
  8. mike a
    OP

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Does anyone know how much the texture and skins packs cost in the in-game store? Trust me I googled and went to their website, their website sucks. I can't always go online with my 3ds so just asking

9. Nemos59

Nemos59 A random user

Aug 1, 2018
    France
    Somewhere
    I have no clue how much they costs... But I have a question: how can we update the game if freeShop and CIAngel are dead?

10. legoinventeor

legoinventeor GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2017
    Spain
    good question! I was going to ask that too. The eur cia is not on the internet yet even though you can get it here.

11. mike a
    OP

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Just go to that ISO site for updates and BTW if you'd read my first post you'd know the dlc doesn't work

12. mike a
    OP

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    [ update ]

So I tried to see how much the texture and skins cost, tried to go into the store and it said to me, there is an update for data you have already downloaded, so I tried to update and it keeps getting an error and won't even let me go into the store lol. So do i have to delete the dlc that I have downloaded already and don't really work? Idk

And once again does anyone know how much the cost lol

13. Zotacksa

Zotacksa Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Each skin cost 1.99$.
    any updates for unlocking the texture packs and skins?

mike a and legoinventeor like this.
  14. mike a
    OP

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Starting to think that the reason I can't go into the store is cuz it's not a legit cia... Sucks and I wanted the fantasy texture pack

15. Tuiridh

Tuiridh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    I purchased all the DLC, but couldn't transfer it over to my other 3DS consoles. The resulting 0004008c dump is only 600kb and when installed on other consoles everything is still locked, even after creating a new save file. Let me know if there is any way I can help with this.

16. PokeNev

PokeNev GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    Plz, we need an update on this

PacDan16 and legoinventeor like this.
  17. PacDan16

PacDan16 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2018
    United States
    Update? Just curious.

PokeNev likes this.
  18. PokeNev

PokeNev GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2018
    United States
    Yeah, I want some dlc

19. Tuiridh

Tuiridh Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    I know nothing of code, but I'll try some things with what I have. I'll try to load a save game using DLC on my other 3DS with the installed 600kb DLC .cia gm9 output for me. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can help because I am clueless.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted