Hacking [Picking a Flashcart] Upgraded from NDS Lite to New 3DS, What Flashcart to use?

llvictorll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since I have completely screwed up at this point, the only way out that I see is through upgrading using a game, then downgrading again. Someone suggested FE:Fates, but could I use something cheaper, like Shovel Knights? I read on a reddit thread that it was possible, but some people were running into issues...

Have you tried to update to 10.3 with sysupdater and then downgrade to 9.2 again? Or are you impossible to use sysupdater now?

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/QUOTE]Fates cart should contain a stub browser version too. All 9.9+ cart updates should have stub browsers, which means you can't use them until you hit up sys settings and update from there.[/QUOTE]

I know that but he wanted to update using a cart instead of using sysupdater and there is a way around it to use the browser. Just go into system settings and set date to Jan 1st 2000 time to 0:00 and it'll let you use the browser without updating until it changes to Jan 2nd. then when you go into browser click on settings and press initialize data before it brings up any page and it'll work now.

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fates cart should contain a stub browser version too. All 9.9+ cart updates should have stub browsers, which means you can't use them until you hit up sys settings and update from there.[/QUOTE]

I know that but he wanted to update using a cart instead of using sysupdater and there is a way around it to use the browser. Just go into system settings and set date to Jan 1st 2000 time to 0:00 and it'll let you use the browser without updating until it changes to Jan 2nd. then when you go into browser click on settings and press initialize data before it brings up any page and it'll work now.[/QUOTE]
Not if the browser is stubbed. If the browser is stubbed, from a 9.9+ cart update, it completely stubs it meaning it won't work what so ever

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not if the browser is stubbed. If the browser is stubbed, from a 9.9+ cart update, it completely stubs it meaning it won't work what so ever
Yes it will. This is the whole point of the workaround! What is the point of a workaround that doesn't change anything?

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yellows8 is the one who found the workaround and it's for 3ds's with the stubbed browsers.

To quote him:
  • Goto System Settings. Then change the datetime to January 1, 2000, 00:00.
  • Use the browser 'Initialize savedata' option, before any page gets loaded triggering the browser-version message.
  • Continue to use browserhax as normal.
  • Note that you must not press the HOME button to return from the browser normally, otherwise you will have to reinitialize the savedata again. Once the datetime reaches January 2, you will have to repeat these steps if you want to continue using this bypass.

source: https://yls8.mtheall.com/

That is how you get around the update nag in browser. So it is safe to update using a cart.

Last edited by Robert McCoy,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhg. The nag browsers are exploitable. those aren't stub browsers. The 9.9+ cart updates does not even load up the browser. It outright makes a system settings system update required to get them functional.

Didn't anyone learn from the wii scene?

Last edited by seijinshu,

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in all honesty, maybe the OP would better off having an experienced user downgrade/install cfw for him, as to not make his 3ds any worse or brick it.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
uhg. The nag browsers are exploitable. those aren't stub browsers. The 9.9+ cart updates does not even load up the browser. It outright makes a system settings system update required to get them functional.

Didn't anyone learn from the wii scene?
Maybe you should send your 3ds to get hardmodded to get a copy of its firmware so it can be studied? You seen to have a problem that nobody else has ever experienced.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you should send your 3ds to get hardmodded to get a copy of its firmware so it can be studied? You seen to have a problem that nobody else has ever experienced.
Heh... The problem is I don't need to. I just read it up on 3dbrew... Unless I misread it terribly.I'm downgraded and in the a9lh master race.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can open sysupdater, but it crashes regardless if I press a to upgrade or y to downgrade.

Not exactly sure where you currently are in the process with the crashes. (Assuming half-downgraded between 10.2 -> 9.2 and stuck)
I have the exact N3DS (20th Pokemon anniversary) and went through similar issues.

By now you should probably try updating to 10.3.
Look for the 10.3 CIAs and replace them in the update folder on the SD card.
Try to boot up sysupdater and update to 10.3. (May require multiple tries as sysupdater always crashed on me)

Once you get 10.3, delete the update folder and replace it with the 9.2 CIAs. Then use browserhax to get into homebrew and install menuhax.
Once installed, replace the boot.3dsx on the root of the SDcard with the sysupdater.3dsx
Now try using menuhax to directly boot into sysupdater and repeat trying to downgrade. (Took me almost 50 tries since it would just freeze)

(I found that browserhax didn't work so well trying to get sysupdater downgrade working, so I used menuhax as an alternative and it worked out for me)

-

Personally, I only went to from 10.2 -> 10.3 then -> 9.2 because I somehow softbricked my O3DS downgrading with safesysupdater from 9.9 directly to 9.2. (It required 10.3 for safesysupdater downgrade?)
Just did it on my N3DS as a precaution to avoid softbricking again.

Last edited by Expliciate,

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly sure where you currently are in the process with the crashes. (Assuming half-downgraded between 10.2 -> 9.2 and stuck)
I have the exact N3DS (20th Pokemon anniversary) and went through similar issues.

By now you should probably try updating to 10.3.
Look for the 10.3 CIAs and replace them in the update folder on the SD card.
Try to boot up sysupdater and update to 10.3. (May require multiple tries as sysupdater always crashed on me)

Once you get 10.3, delete the update folder and replace it with the 9.2 CIAs. Then use browserhax to get into homebrew and install menuhax.
Once installed, replace the boot.3dsx on the root of the SDcard with the sysupdater.3dsx
Now try using menuhax to directly boot into sysupdater and repeat trying to downgrade. (Took me almost 50 tries since it would just freeze)

(I found that browserhax didn't work so well trying to get sysupdater downgrade working, so I used menuhax as an alternative and it worked out for me)

-

Personally, I only went to from 10.2 -> 10.3 then -> 9.2 because I somehow softbricked my O3DS downgrading with safesysupdater from 9.9 directly to 9.2. (It required 10.3 for safesysupdater downgrade?)
Just did it on my N3DS as a precaution to avoid softbricking again.
10.2 and 10.3 share the same FIRM. That is an unecesarry upgrade.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last edited by Expliciate,

MinecraftJr948

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody link me to the version of sysupdater that has memchunkhax and is stable? There are so many around it's confusing to know which one is the best.

Edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/

The one mentioned above gives me a black screen.

Edit #2: I downloaded the new sysupdater, with memchunkhax3. It's working, I think.

Edit #3: I got onto the home menu after a restart, checked system settings, Version 1.03.0-28U. Yay. Now onto downgrading.

Edit #4: Downloading the 9.2 CIA from that blogspot webstite. Is it even the right place to get it from?

Last edited by MinecraftJr948,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
FYI, new Arm11 exploit is released. You can downgrade 10.6 consoles without a nand mod now. So there's no risk in just updating back via safe mode if things go south.

Also, what DS flashcard were you using with your DS Lite. You might be able to use it on your 3DS now with all the advances in TWL_FIRM patches and special launchers. ;)

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?